First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
Any news Gregodav, or anyone??? If the Power Top is going to be "available" in May, then order banks must open up this week after Mid-Week allocation call. Anyone? Anyone??
I haven't heard anything yet on the Sky One-Touch Power Top.
I posted to "Hello from JeepCares", a week ago, where JeepCares was providing updates. I refreshed my post and request last Wednesday, as well.
I private messaged JeepCares and sent an email this morning as well.
I am trying to patiently wait for some answers to our persistent question, "When can we order the Sky One-Touch Power Top?"

Still waiting...
Sponsored

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I just received some very bad news about the Sky One Touch Power-Top:

Production poushed back from May 15 to July, August, or maybe even September!

This comes from Nicole at the Jeep Product Information Center:

"Please be advised, the Sky-One Touch Power Top is a late availability feature for the all-new 2018 Jeep Wrangler/Wrangler Unlimited model year. With that being said, our resources indicate that the Sky-One Touch Power Top is slated to become available for factory order sometime within the 3rd Quarter of 2018. Please keep in mind as this timing is projected, it is subject to change."

I guess Sky One-Touch Power Top buyers now join in with some other Jeep groups in the waiting game.

Nihkole

First Name
Nichole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL 3.0 Diesel, 2000 Chevrolet Camaro
This is sad news. Well I guess if I'm waiting this long for the power top I may as well wait for the diesel...

Templeton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR Sport; Lexus GX
From JeepCares, 5 minutes ago.....

we have no new information. Ordering is still scheduled to be available in June. Who is providing you with ordering rumors? ^KB

Sponsored

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

we have no new information. Ordering is still scheduled to be available in June. Who is providing you with ordering rumors? ^KB
I sent several messages to JeepCares and received nothing back!. They were silent. I sent posts and emails and heard nothing. So I reached out to Jasmine and Julie at Jeep Cares and sent an email to JeepCares:

I think everyone was avoiding giving me the bad news. This is the first response in over a week:

Here is more of the complete email Nicole from Chrysler sent me. By the way my first name is Dave and that is the Dave they are referring to in the email.

customerassistmkt <[email protected]>
Re: Chrysler Group LLC Customer Assistance

Dear Dave:

It is great to read of your interest in Jeep!

Please be advised, the Sky-One Touch Power Top is a late availability feature for the all-new 2018 Jeep Wrangler/Wrangler Unlimited model year. With that being said, our resources indicate that the Sky-One Touch Power Top is slated to become available for factory order sometime within the 3rd Quarter of 2018. Please keep in mind as this timing is projected, it is subject to change.

Our best suggestion would be for you to keep in contact with your preferred Jeep dealership as the ordering system changes on a frequent basis. Your preferred Jeep dealership will be first informed as to when they are capable of placing an order on your behalf and are the best resource for the most up-to-date factory order timing and product information.

For more information on the 2018 Jeep Wrangler/Wrangler Unlimited lineup, including pricing, dealer locations, as well as many more shopping tools, please visit the link provided below:

https://www.jeep.com/wrangler.html

If you have any further product questions about the current Jeep lineup, you are always welcome to reply back to this email and I will respond back to you as promptly as I can. If you prefer, you can also reach us directly with your questions at the Jeep Product Information Center by calling 1-877-426-5337. When you call, we can connect you directly to your local dealership, providing your call is during the dealer's hours off operation.

Thank you for your email, Dave. Please stay tuned!

Sincerely,

Nicole
Jeep Product Information Center

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Are you saying JeepCares just responded to a message you just sent? .

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Wait....so now August or September? Did I mis-count the months on my fingers?

Templeton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR Sport; Lexus GX
There is now conflicting information. My dealer says he was told available to order next week for June delivery. My JeepCares contact said June order for July delivery. And Gregodav’s Chrysler contact said Q3 availability. No one seems to know who’s source is correct.

Sponsored

norjet

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nordicclick.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Grand Cherokee Ltd.
Occupation
Digital Marketer, Volunteer Firefighter
The power top isn’t removable you can only remove the side windows...

Just to make sure I understand what you're saying, the entire power top structure (canvas top, side rails, rear window) are permanently fixed to the rest of the jeep? so going with this option would not allow me to ever remove it? Just slide the power top back and forth?

Let me know.

Thanks,

Jeff

Mrjimmystewart

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 jeep 392, Mercedes E 53 convt, Prevost H3-41
Occupation
Retired
you can easily remove the rear side windows, but the rest of what you say is true.

From what I can tell though, with the top rolled back, its not much different for the driver, passenger, even those in the back seat, than the convertible. There will always be rails above the windows. I don't think I will car about the back glass. Just better than the regular hardtop for the rear sides coming out, and a whole lot easier to open to the sky.

I think the biggest difference on trails will be to remove the doors, or even put tube doors on. Now that opens it up. In southern cal, with the intensity of the sun beating down on my head, I actually am more interested in side openings rather than the top.

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The word I have from Chrysler is a Third Quarter release. That would be 7=July, 8=August, or 9=September....

Truthfully. I hope forum member Templeton is correct.and we can order next week.

Templeton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR Sport; Lexus GX
The word I have from Chrysler is a Third Quarter release. That would be 7=July, 8=August, or 9=September....

Truthfully. I hope forum member Templeton is correct.and we can order next week.
From my dealer: "I have a order allocation call next week which is when the power top should be announced."

I honestly have no clue. My dealer says I can order next week, JeepCares says I can order in May, and Gregodav's guy says at best order in June for July delivery. Not sure what or who to believe, but sure is frustrating.
Sponsored