Sky One-Touch Power Top Priced at $3,995

Bkenyon53

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Camaro SS; 2016 JKU; 1971 VW Beetle
In response to your comments about the pictures of the concept and the new design. The concept is a 2 door. The 4 door doesn't look as "clean" because it has the empty space of the rear doors. Also, the concept indeed dies have a roll bar, it's just padded in black and camouflages itself.
I truly think the painted roll cage ruins the look. I much prefer black or the padded look. (But I would never get a black Jeep because my first was black and I always wished I had chose a different color). I may plasti-dip mine to see how it looks.
Sponsored

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
I’ve seen a few LineX type paint jobs jeeps and their roll bars and other attachments and they were impressive. Seen it done on boat piping as well. Perhaps painting the roll bars black would help. Blend in with the interior.

bobzdar

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Rubicon X 4XE, '23 Defender 130
I don't know where people got the idea it's not removable, I believe jeep has stated it would be.

I got tired of waiting for it and went to the jeep dealer today and bought a loaded Rubicon hard top, the topic of the power top came up while doing the paper work and the dealer indicated it was delayed due to issues of realigning it properly after being removed. He said if they released it now it wouldn't be able to be user re installed, and may be delayed until 2019 orders while they work it out. He was a jeep guy (owns a 2003 tj) and seemed pretty well informed.

That also should indicate the ability for it to be retrofitted to other JL unlimiteds. I'm hoping for that but pretty pleased with the hard top, takes all of 45 seconds to remove the roof panels.

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
I don't know where people got the idea it's not removable, I believe jeep has stated it would be.

I got tired of waiting for it and went to the jeep dealer today and bought a loaded Rubicon hard top, the topic of the power top came up while doing the paper work and the dealer indicated it was delayed due to issues of realigning it properly after being removed. He said if they released it now it wouldn't be able to be user re installed, and may be delayed until 2019 orders while they work it out. He was a jeep guy (owns a 2003 tj) and seemed pretty well informed.

That also should indicate the ability for it to be retrofitted to other JL unlimiteds. I'm hoping for that but pretty pleased with the hard top, takes all of 45 seconds to remove the roof panels.
Jeep has indicated that the Power Top should not be removed in previous Q&A Pressers and in communication with our forum moderator Jay:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...from-the-la-show-debut.2158/page-9#post-33874

Jeep has stated for now they will only matket the Sky One-Touch Power Top with the Sahara and Rubicon models.

bobzdar

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Rubicon X 4XE, '23 Defender 130
Jeep has indicated that the Power Top should not be removed in previous Q&A Pressers and in communication with our forum moderator Jay:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...from-the-la-show-debut.2158/page-9#post-33874

Jeep has stated for now they will only matket the Sky One-Touch Power Top with the Sahara and Rubicon models.
Point is it's removable, maybe not recommended but removable all the same. Not sure if that's indeed what is delaying production but given the attention they paid to making the doors removable and windshield folding, seems like they'd put similar effort into making sure all of the tops are user removable.

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
Technically. Everything is removeable. The point here is this top isn’t easily reinstalled. Might have alignment issues and I’m guessing that will either affect operation and/or probably leak.
Sponsored