Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Roy,
I'm looking at a 2019 JLUR with the sky top. I was wondering how you make out clearing snow off of it and how the top is wearing. Hubby wants the Hard Top.
Thanks,
Catherine, Jamestown, RI
Hi Catherine, I have my sky one touch only since July so I can't really give you a snow removal update. Judging from the material though I would say no more than a broom if you have snow on top. The material seems to me to be a little stronger than a regulation soft top. I will say though just hitting a button to get open air is awesome. I love mine. I have to admit though that my Jeep is garage kept.
Sponsored

SmartStopStart.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartstopstart.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Electronics Engineer and Business Owner
Hi Roy,
I'm looking at a 2019 JLUR with the sky top. I was wondering how you make out clearing snow off of it and how the top is wearing. Hubby wants the Hard Top.
Thanks,
Catherine, Jamestown, RI
I brushed several inches off of mine a few times last winter. No issues whatsoever.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Catherine, I have my sky one touch only since July so I can't really give you a snow removal update. Judging from the material though I would say no more than a broom if you have snow on top. The material seems to me to be a little stronger than a regulation soft top. I will say though just hitting a button to get open air is awesome. I love mine. I have to admit though that my Jeep is garage kept.
Hello, Just FYI The Sky One Power Top is made out of the Premium Acrylic Twill Fabric. Bestop recommends using this Protectant on it. Its made for this Material. I have applied it 3 Times since May just to get a good coat on. It repels everything. It says to use every few months but I wanted a good coat on. Hey, Steve weather has been pretty here (Other than 9 Tornadoes Sunday Night here. Missed me by 2 miles !!) and going topless more. Still going to test Topless in the 20-degree range !!! The '30s was a piece of cake !!! :rock::handsinair::jk:

BestTop Twill Protectant.jpg

Mrcake3014

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
I brushed several inches off of mine a few times last winter. No issues whatsoever.
I had a 2009 liberty with the sky roof and just cleared it off with a broom. I did and do now put a soft top conditioner on the sky one roof as often as I can.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Hello, Just FYI The Sky One Power Top is made out of the Premium Acrylic Twill Fabric. Bestop recommends using this Protectant on it. Its made for this Material. I have applied it 3 Times since May just to get a good coat on. It repels everything. It says to use every few months but I wanted a good coat on. Hey, Steve weather has been pretty here (Other than 9 Tornadoes Sunday Night here. Missed me by 2 miles !!) and going topless more. Still going to test Topless in the 20-degree range !!! The '30s was a piece of cake !!! :rock::handsinair::jk:

Hi Curtis, thanks for the advise about what to treat the One Touch top with. I use Mothers wash/wax car wash and was hoping the wax within the soap would be enough to protect the top. I will order the Best Top protectant now. Be careful of those tornado's my buddy and I still can't believe you're opening that top at 20-30 degrees. My freakin ears would fall off. You're a better man than me my brother. K pal, stay safe.

Sponsored

Gellie

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

I put on application on a couple of weeks ago. Major train storm a few days later. Top looked completely dry an hour after the rain stopped. Excellent bedding.

Roy_Hobbs

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara Ocean Blue Sky One-Touch
Hi Roy,
Thanks,
Catherine, Jamestown, RI
Haven’t had mine long enough to know.

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
I have an industrial size jug of 303 Fabric protector I was hoping to use. Anyone used it before.

also does anyone know e cost to replace the one touch fabric if it rips or degraded over time?

wvgasguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR / 2017 TRD Pro 4Runner / 2016 Suburban LTZ and 1979 Chevy K10 short bed
Occupation
Retired
Taking mine in to the shop in 2 weeks. Looked up while driving and noticed about 1" gap in a couple of places on the right side. That can't be good. Doesn't give me a lot of long term confidence...but I guess we will see how well the repairs go (@13,600 miles)

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
The only reason I got the extended warranty was the top. It looks complicated and very expensive to repair.

If it breaks completely I’ll probably look at a soft top replacement. If that can even be done.

Sponsored

dima24

First Name
Dima
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi all - just out of curiosity, has anyone completely taken off the Sky One-Touch roof, including the rear window, etc.? My understanding is that it's possible but I can't seem to find any write-ups or pics of anyone who's done it.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all - just out of curiosity, has anyone completely taken off the Sky One-Touch roof, including the rear window, etc.? My understanding is that it's possible but I can't seem to find any write-ups or pics of anyone who's done it.
From what I have heard it's not recommended.

JDaPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
I have only seen the thread where someone pieced a sky one touch together and installed it. So it can be done in some way shape or form.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Supposedly there's a whole realignment process to put it back on. Not worth it in my opinion.

Donack31

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport S
I get you having to stop to open the soft top. But what do you have to remove to make it just as open as your power top. That top belongs on a fiat car. WTF good is it when the back window won't come off.
Agreed. If I only have the sunrider back it's easy to close at a red light or pulling over for 10sec. And you can pull out all the other windows. I couldn't justify spending that much on the power top with no real added benefit. Maybe if all the windows went down with one touch.
Sponsored