When do you open the top?

• Total voters

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Nissan Pathfinder, 08 Honda Civic, 07 Toyota Avalon, 94 Jeep Cherokee, 10 Saab 9.3T
Gobi now has one that will work with it.

I would too but unfortunately I don’t think all those people actually have one. Click their names and search their posts. I did one of them and there are posts talking about how they wouldn’t buy one.

So doubt many people who took poll own one.
Doc, Thanks!!!!!!

I am lining my features of what I want on my Wrangler. I am looking at pulling the trigger for the 2020 JLUR with either the EcoDiesel or the V6 Etorque Engine.
Sponsored

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
Doc, Thanks!!!!!!

I am lining my features of what I want on my Wrangler. I am looking at pulling the trigger for the 2020 JLUR with either the EcoDiesel or the V6 Etorque Engine.
I pulled the epa numbers for etorque and non-etorque. Also for the 2.0 and 3.6.

There’s really no difference in mileage. As far as the diesel. My confidence that thing is ready for prime time is like zero. I’ll prob go manual for fun and since it’ll save me thousands.

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
Doc, Thanks!!!!!!

This is the
Manual 3.6
Auto 3.6
3.6 BSG
2.0 BSG

Sadly there’s like no significant difference. Over 5years the difference in fuel cost is at most 1k. To make up the cost of the auto and engine it would take 15 years.

The diesel if a fiat engine that was once pulled off the market and that hasn’t been fit for production in 3 years. You can claim whatever the reason but regardless it hang been consumer ready in years so how reliable will it really be the first few years.

The plug in hybrid of it uses the tried and true 3.6 and a setup that is time tested in the Pacifica is a MAYBE.

View attachment 215297

5DB0DB9B-B68F-43B4-AF3B-C1E1C0F623A2.png

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
What are your top opening habits?

Seldom, occasionally, or borderline compulsive button pusher?
Well in Texas right now when its 100 and 110 heat index I found out real fast it is too dang hot. I open early morning on the ride to work, I love the cold so when winter comes I can put a coat on and go topless a lot. Texas here has some pretty cold days but I will open her up at 32 degrees. Want bother me. Seats warm heater on. Can't wait !! :jk:

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Well in Texas right now when its 100 and 110 heat index I found out real fast it is too dang hot. I open early morning on the ride to work, I love the cold so when winter comes I can put a coat on and go topless a lot. Texas here has some pretty cold days but I will open her up at 32 degrees. Want bother me. Seats warm heater on. Can't wait !! :jk:
Wow 32 degrees NewJ? Are you an Eskimo? You’re a better man than me my brother. For me it’s top open, windows down, (sometimes doors off) 68-83 degrees. Unless rain. It’s funny you should say 32 degrees because I forgot which person earlier on this subject said they open up at 95 degrees. To each their own but I can’t imagine how you guys could be comfortable at those temps with the roof open.

Sponsored

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Wow 32 degrees NewJ? Are you an Eskimo? You’re a better man than me my brother. For me it’s top open, windows down, (sometimes doors off) 68-83 degrees. Unless rain. It’s funny you should say 32 degrees because I forgot which person earlier on this subject said they open up at 95 degrees. To each their own but I can’t imagine how you guys could be comfortable at those temps with the roof open.
No lol Born Texan but I am so hot natured that during winter we lower Heater to 60 at night and I can only use a sheet as cover. My wife has an electric blanket with another Blanket plus sheet and comforter. I rarely wear a coat during winter and people look at me like are you crazy. I might rethink 32 once I experience it but I will find out. Early May after just got Jeep. it had rained overnight at going to work at 5AM it as 60 but I just had short sleeve shirt on and it felt great !!! lol :rock: Heck I might be part Eskimo !!! But I am looking forward to Texas Winter. Lots of days will have 50's to 60's temps which will be perfect to open her up. I'll save your Name and let you know !!!

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Are there any roof racks available that work with the Sky Top?
Gobi has a Stealth model rack that now works with the SkyPower top. I'll be buying one when I have the pennies.

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
Surprised 5 people regret it. Would be interested in hearing from them why.
Funny thing about the 5 people who voted, none of them actually own a jeep with the power top!

OP
OP
Gregodav

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
Funny thing about the 5 people who voted, none of them actually own a jeep with the power top!
The Fact Checker has arrived. Nice Catch!

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
I didn’t delve into all 5 but yeah I noticed at least one of them had been talking trash about the one touch before they even bought a Jeep.

Sponsored

seabiz

First Name
Catherine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Ridgeline
I'm in Michigan, I open the top almost every time I get into my Jeep.
Unless its raining/snowing
Hi Roy,
I'm looking at a 2019 JLUR with the sky top. I was wondering how you make out clearing snow off of it and how the top is wearing. Hubby wants the Hard Top.
Thanks,
Catherine, Jamestown, RI

spaghettipie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi A4 Avant s-line, 2012 Subi Impreza sport hatchback, 2010 MB GL350, 2013 Lotus Evora S, 2020 JLU Sahara
Unless it’s pouring, snowing or in the 30’s... it’s open partially or full.
Sponsored