First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
I live in the flat lands where the are very few trees. The winds here can be brutal. The winds today were a constant 35-40 mph speed. The gusts pegged at 55mph.
I was driving 65 on the highway with the winds I described above. It was hard keeping the Jeep in the middle of the road.
I had previously heard reports from test muke drivers that the top might lift in high crosswinds. One test mule driver reported seeing daylight in high crosswinds.
I can report the current Sky One-Touch Power Top is extremely quiet as it relates to high winds and crosswinds. No whistling winds and it is NOT drafty.
As I had previously reported, I can hear sounds from directly overhead through the canvas top. In fact I could easily hear a passenger jet several miles from the airport over the winds buffeting the Jeep.
Bravo to the Sky One-Touch Power Top engineers. It is awesomely quiet.
Sponsored

GraniteRubiGA

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Executive
Vehicle Showcase
I live in the flat lands where the are very few trees. The winds here can be brutal. The winds today were a constant 35-40 mph speed. The gusts pegged at 55mph.
I was driving 65 on the highway with the winds I described above. It was hard keeping the Jeep in the middle of the road.
I had previously heard reports from test muke drivers that the top might lift in high crosswinds. One test mule driver reported seeing daylight in high crosswinds.
I can report the current Sky One-Touch Power Top is extremely quiet as it relates to high winds and crosswinds. No whistling winds and it is NOT drafty.
As I had previously reported, I can hear sounds from directly overhead through the canvas top. In fact I could easily hear a passenger jet several miles from the airport over the winds buffeting the Jeep.
Bravo to the Sky One-Touch Power Top engineers. It is awesomely quiet.
I was in the NE GA mountains the last few days with high winds through the valleys. I did not have any issues with the Sky One-Tough either!

MushMouth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL hopeful
I am wondering how long these will stay water tight . . .

Love the concept - but I am in Oregon . . .

OP
OP
Gregodav

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
I am wondering how long these will stay water tight . . .

Love the concept - but I am in Oregon . . .
All convertible tops will eventually leak. Most of my tops have failed from excessive UV damage combined with overuse.
These are really well made compared to the Ford, Pontiac, and Chysler convertibles I have previously owned.
However, I am raising and lowering this top far more than any other convertible I have ever owned.
I would guess 10-20 years.

MushMouth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL hopeful
All convertible tops will eventually leak. Most of my tops have failed from excessive UV damage combined with overuse.
These are really well made compared to the Ford, Pontiac, and Chysler convertibles I have previously owned.
However, I am raising and lowering this top far more than any other convertible I have ever owned.
I would guess 10-20 years.
That’s better than o had worried about. I was thinking 3-5 before you might get seepage from the edges - as the gasket aged.
Sponsored