Sponsored

bvita

First Name
Branden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 Tacoma TRD Pro
At first, I only wanted a freedom top, but the one touch power top has grown on me and is definitely a nice thing to have!
My 18’ rubicon :)
37528FAA-A93D-479D-BCB3-2ED201319F8F.jpeg

Punkindave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0 Turbo Bluebicon, 2020 JLUR 2.0 Turbo (Wife's)
Occupation
ITS Project Manager
I have been enjoying the Sky One-Touch Power Top during these cool winter months. I turn up the heat and flip on the heated seats and heated steering wheel. Then I roll back the roof and crank up the music.
I ride with top down for short little rides before I freeze myself out and put the top back in place.
Once I warm up... I start the cycle allover again...
I love my Sky One-Touch Power Top.
Have you noticed any issues operating at low temps? Any convertibles I've had always cautioned against opening under 40deg f.

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
The Jeep Sky One-Touch Power Top will not open below 4 degrees below zero Fahrenheit.
I think this top is superior material to the tops of old and it is a very gentle fold compare to my other ragtops.

Eml626

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.schlachetandlevy.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Trial Attorney
Does any one radio cuts out for a sec when first open or close the skyroof?
So not only does the radio cut out for a split second but it appears the reason that it does so is to change the equalizer when the top is open. When the top is all the way back the subwoofer almost entirely cuts-off and bass can generally only be heard on really clean and well produced audio tracks. At the same time the high levels get louder seemingly to make the radio louder when driving with the top open? If I move the top forward any minor amount from absolute back the radio goes back to high bass. This seems to indicate this drop is bass is not to protect the top function. The bass does not cut off until the top is fully back.

There does not seem to be any setting to adjust this or a separate EQ for the different top positions. I cannot find any information on this. Does anyone know anything on this? What is it actually meant to do and do we have any control? Is there someone with the power top and premium Alpine that does not experience this?

I contacted the dealer but have yet to obtain any information from them.

Sponsored

cosmec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2015 Subaru WRX, 2012 JK-Previously
Build Thread
Link
i see alot of comments in here concerned about noise, snow, etc. with my last two wranglers (JKs) i had dual top group and eventually i never put the hard top back on. Even in the dead of winter. I didnt find the soft top much noisier, colder, etc than the hard top and i went through a bunch of harsh winters with the soft top fairing fine with a lot of snow on it.

i just ordered my 2020 rubicon and ONLY got the soft top because my hard top sat in my garage for 2-3 years before i sold that jeep.

i wouldnt let any of those concerns stop anyone from ordering the sky one-touch if thats the top you really want. if you want a quiet vehicle you should probably look at a grand cherokee with the pano roof before a wrangler.

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
i see alot of comments in here concerned about noise, snow, etc. with my last two wranglers (JKs) i had dual top group and eventually i never put the hard top back on. Even in the dead of winter. I didnt find the soft top much noisier, colder, etc than the hard top and i went through a bunch of harsh winters with the soft top fairing fine with a lot of snow on it.

i just ordered my 2020 rubicon and ONLY got the soft top because my hard top sat in my garage for 2-3 years before i sold that jeep.

i wouldnt let any of those concerns stop anyone from ordering the sky one-touch if thats the top you really want. if you want a quiet vehicle you should probably look at a grand cherokee with the pano roof before a wrangler.
For me, the Sky One-Touch Power Top is a part of an incredible package that makes the Jeep Wrangler much more utilitarian.
I loved my old '66 Willy's because you could go anywhere with the wind in your face and sun on you shoulder. The one I drove never had a top. Tons of fun. But you had to carry extra ponchos.
I just drove from Wichita to Oklahoma City today. I drove with top down until the rain became too much. I just slowed the it below 60 and raised the top. When the rain would pause I slowed again and lowered the top. I did that multiple times on my trip.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I hope this comes out for the 2 door, the added Bonus of removing the hard top side windows is "perfect "...
Sponsored