Sky One-Touch Power Soft Top Jeep JL's!

Euro JEEP

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Please remember diesels smell really bad , especially top-less.
I am not saying you shouldn’t get the Sky option, rather think before getting a diesel...
Sponsored

szobell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Thanks for the note.

I actually own 3 other diesel vehicles. The one with the 7.3L - yeah - everyone knows it is a diesel.

My other 2 I have had people stop my wife worried that she was putting diesel in her vehicle because it doesn't sound, look or smell like a diesel. Even the convertible.

OP
OP
singaporeIrish1

singaporeIrish1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR; 2021 Ram TRX; 2020 Supra
Those look fantastic!!

Have you pulled the hardtop on your 2019? Just curious if you have any regrets of not having 2 Sky or 2 Hard/ Soft top vehicles? I only ask as i have an 18 JLUR dual top and i am going to reorder when the diesel becomes available and I am 90% certain i want to go Sky. Have yet to see one in person though :(
The hardtop '19 just arrived 12/21 and we live in Central IL, so likely 4 months or so til the hardtop gets pulled. Looking forward to the improved soft top design.

Re: Regrets ... I wanted the flexibility of the Sky One Touch when I ordered the first JL ... a daily driver ... our lifestyle and weather make the ease of quick push of a button to get an open top an attractive choice. When I decided on a second JL, though, I didn't hesitate at all about hard top/soft top combo. This is my 9th Wrangler(CJ) in ownership history and value the doors off/topless tradition. The '19 is not a daily driver, so plan to leave it topless/doorless for the summer months and drive it when weather allows. Both are great. Thankful to have the combo. My wife has put and end to my dreams of adding a Gladiator to the family. Says "if I want to live in a Jeep dealership .... I should move to one." Not gonna push it. Thankful for the Wranglers.

I like your idea of a diesel with the Sky One Touch to add to your fleet. No regrets.

Tj99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999tj
Lol mall ctawlers..my 99 that I "built" has it all over these new Jeep .ford's 4 foot of water..ARB's front and rear...cut fenders and stubby bumpers for clearance.warn winch...these things look like poor man's H2's lol

Sponsored

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
I have been enjoying the Sky One-Touch Power Top during these cool winter months. I turn up the heat and flip on the heated seats and heated steering wheel. Then I roll back the roof and crank up the music.
I ride with top down for short little rides before I freeze myself out and put the top back in place.
Once I warm up... I start the cycle allover again...
I love my Sky One-Touch Power Top.

Mrcake3014

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Does anyone know if you can still fold the windshield down with the Sky One top?
Just got my Sahara with the sky top and it came in with the equipment to be able to fold the windshield down. FYI...built it because of the sky one roof. This is a keeper.

szobell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Just got my Sahara with the sky top and it came in with the equipment to be able to fold the windshield down. FYI...built it because of the sky one roof. This is a keeper.

Share with us pics! We have not seen enough Sky Tops!!

Mrcake3014

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
I currently have a 2016 AEV JK350, I am thinking hard about ordering a JL with the One Touch or finding one in Stock that fits my needs/wants. I rarely put my Top down because of the inconvenience, I even kept my Hardtop on all Summer last year because I did not want to deal with changing them. This looks like the perfect solution. Also my JK350 in my opinion is a little too high, too difficult for the kids to get in and out, I wouldn't mind going to 33" tires with a little bit lower Jeep. Someone mentioned it earlier, I also have kids that play hockey and putting stuff (Especially Hockey Bags or Golf Clubs) in the back with the soft-top is an absolute Pain In The A$$.

Anyway this is my first post on this forum, great looking rides, I may be joining you soon.
Welcome to the forum. I just got a 2019 Sahara. I bought it specifically for the sky one top. I had one on my 09 Liberty and loved it. Jeep bring it back is the reason I got the Sahara. Push a button and your open.

Sponsored

trail_runner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Subaru Forester XT Touring, 2019 Granite Crystal Metallic JLUR
What exactly is the "..equipment to be able to fold the windshield down.."? What is this equipment that your Sky One Touch Sahara came with?
An earlier poster stated that the manual stated that folding down the windshield wasn't recommended because it could damage some seals....

Mrcake3014

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
What exactly is the "..equipment to be able to fold the windshield down.."? What is this equipment that your Sky One Touch Sahara came with?
An earlier poster stated that the manual stated that folding down the windshield wasn't recommended because it could damage some seals....
It makes sense. I was talking about 2 tie downs on the hood.

s2000zr

First Name
mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda ridgeline
Does any one radio cuts out for a sec when first open or close the skyroof?

bkjolly

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 CJ-5
The more I see the Skytop the more I'm leaning in that direction. I just wish someone would come up with a way to remove the rear window and make it easy like the doors.
Sponsored