Sponsored

Sky One-Touch Power Soft Top Jeep JL's!

Jeepchrysler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jk
I posted this under ordering but noone answered, thinking it was the wrong place.
Has anyone driven it with the side panels out and top open? I’m wondering if the rear window makes it less windy, kind of like a screen in a traditional convertible.
I planned to get a dual top with painted hard top but for a few 100 more I can get this.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but to me I love the look of my jk with the painted hardtop. I’ve never really loved the soft top look so while it may look a bit odd with the side panels out at times when the top
Is not down I would take the looks of the power soft top (which I think looks like the painted hard top) over a soft top anyday.
I guess it’s just great to have options and everyone can get what works for them.
Sponsored

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Zj
I went and drove the power top today and my mind is made up that I will be ordering it when the 3.0 is finally available. The salesperson said that the 3.0 is held up by the EPA and they are in waiting mode. The manager even suggested that if I learn anything from this forum to pass it on to them.

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
I went and drove the power top today and my mind is made up that I will be ordering it when the 3.0 is finally available. The salesperson said that the 3.0 is held up by the EPA and they are in waiting mode. The manager even suggested that if I learn anything from this forum to pass it on to them.
Be careful about waiting on Jeep to actually bring something to market especially if the government is involved. We were told we could order the Sky One-Touch Power Top option in May. Ordering finally opened in July. Only half the colors have been built by October 17.

Sponsored

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Zj
Be careful about waiting on Jeep to actually bring something to market especially if the government is involved. We were told we could order the Sky One-Touch Power Top option in May. Ordering finally opened in July. Only half the colors have been built by October 17.
Well sir I have been waiting on a diesel Jeep since I was 16 and I am now 48! So I definitely agree with you on the waiting thing. Sad part is that I wanted a diesel F150 and after comparing it to the new dual injection 3.5 Ecoboost I went with the gas engine. With the new technology in gas engines they are a better option in most situations.

trollfarmer

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M4 Convertible
Does anybody have a picture with sky one touch power top open and doors off? :)

Jeepchrysler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jk
Is the sky one touch just a layer of fabric on the inside? In other words does it feel like the soft top with a few metal bars or is it somehow two layers?

Jeepchrysler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jk
Anymore comments on the noise? I am reading mixed things on if it’s loud like the soft top or quieter like the hard.
My guy says somewhere in between because with real glass windows and sides I can’t see how
It’s not at least a little quieter.

Sponsored

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Does anybody have a picture with sky one touch power top open and doors off? :)
Jeep-Wrangler-JL-Power-Soft-Top-864x520.jpg

That is the best photo so far with doors off and the top open. But it is hard too tell from this angle.

Last edited:

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Anymore comments on the noise? I am reading mixed things on if it’s loud like the soft top or quieter like the hard.
My guy says somewhere in between because with real glass windows and sides I can’t see how
It’s not at least a little quieter.
Here is a video from the TFLCar guys from before The Sky One-Touch actually hit production:

Euro JEEP

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Can anyone post pictures and/or do a write up on how to disassemble the sky-one power top?
I know it is not best time of year to that now but I would really like to see and hear opinions about doing so.

Jeepchrysler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jk
Here is a video from the TFLCar guys from before The Sky One-Touch actually hit production:
I saw this, that is the reason I am concerned about the noise. Funny thing is I also saw a video comparing soft to hard and the meter showed almost no difference. I suspect I am outthinking it and need to just order the sky one touch

Jeepchrysler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jk
Jeep-Wrangler-JL-Power-Soft-Top-864x520.jpg

That is the best photo so far with doors off and the top open. But it is hard too tell from this angle.
I am actually starting to like the look with doors and windows off.
Looks like a safari vechile to me for some reason.
Sponsored