Sponsored

Sky One-Touch Power Roof owners - would you get it again?

rjpjeep

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLRU

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
I had a 2018 JL-R and had the top down all the time. If it was within weather tolerances for me and my wife…. Boom. Had it down to under two minutes down and stored. Five minutes back in place.

My 4xe came with the SOT. I bought off the lot as opposed to ordering so I really didn’t have a choice. Not sure I would have gotten it otherwise and buying in mid November haven’t been able to use it much yet. Love the convenience… hate not being able to pull the top completely off. Taking the 4xe overseas with me next year so probably will be the best option long run. Stay tuned!

Taco2Rubi

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Hothead liner installed yesterday. Easy install. Game changer with noise reduction. Do this if you have a SOT and want to talk on your Bluetooth or listen to music and hear all the notes.
Ordered mine as well, however they forgot to ship the front and rear attachment strips. Waiting on those to arrive & will post pictures once I get it installed. Honestly even without the Hothead, noise is surprisingly minimal.

Sponsored

Initial-Jeep

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 392XR Tuscadero, PT Cruiser Dream Cruisers 2&4
Occupation
Data Engineer, Retired Air Force
Curious of owners feedback on the Sky One-Touch Power Roof.

If you were to do over again, would you still get in? Any problems?

Can you still go through a car wash with no problems?
Yes.

Yes. No: the only "problem" is that stupid audio profile switching thing that makes the stereo sound like shit (workaround: tap SoT closed for 2 milliseconds to restore normal audio--hopefully the Tazer will have a solution)

I don't do mechanical car washes.

Twist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR
I had one with a rental for a week. The push button was nice, but I prefer either a traditional soft time, or hard top (for winter)

That's just me though. I have always had a soft-top jeep and that's what I am used to. I like being able to take the whole top down, not just open the roof a bit.

AirportDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUXR, 2018 GC Trailhawk Hemi
Occupation
Aeronautics Professional
Yes.

Yes. No: the only "problem" is that stupid audio profile switching thing that makes the stereo sound like shit (workaround: tap SoT closed for 2 milliseconds to restore normal audio--hopefully the Tazer will have a solution)

I don't do mechanical car washes.
Thanks for that hack! Love my SOT top, except for that "feature"!

SQTowelie

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
waiting on Jeep Rubicon 4xe by 6/10
I honestly love my SOT top and I use it everyday. Highway or street. And it’s 100 degrees in Texas. Still don’t care. Love it! Still need to install my hotheads headliner for the times I don’t use it. Which is basically only when it’s raining.

Sponsored

caraholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taycan Turbo, 392XR, 981S, F430
Ordered two rubicons last year one with sot and one with just a hardtop. I wasn’t a fan of the sot on a test drive as you don’t get as much open top experience with it. My wife’s came in first so I got to use the sot quite a bit before mine arrived. Now that I have used it so much I really regret not getting it one mine. So much so that I ordered a 392 with it to replace mine. The convenience far outweighs the extra open top experience you gain from the hard top.

Last edited:

mlaugustine

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Curious of owners feedback on the Sky One-Touch Power Roof.

If you were to do over again, would you still get in? Any problems?

Can you still go through a car wash with no problems?
So far it has been pretty awesome. You do lose that full exposure feeling, but at the end of the day, you just use it way more. It's easy and can be opened while driving, so it's pretty cool.... Until today.

I left my 2019 Rubicon parked for three days while away. I came back and hopped in, started right up, but now my stereo, climate controls, safety sensors, and one touch roof no longer work. Like, just dead.

Checked the fuses, did the thing to reset the computer by taking the hot lead off the battery for 10min, nothing.

Initial-Jeep

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 392XR Tuscadero, PT Cruiser Dream Cruisers 2&4
Occupation
Data Engineer, Retired Air Force
What's your battery lookin' like? Too low voltage will cause wonkiness like that.

I'd look at my DTCs, clear them, and then see what trips first, if anything.

mlaugustine

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
What's your battery lookin' like? Too low voltage will cause wonkiness like that.

I'd look at my DTCs, clear them, and then see what trips first, if anything.
Thanks for the reply. I pulled and tested the voltage on both batteries. Both read 12.5/6V.

I even went so far as to change out the set of high capacity fuses on the side of the power distro box. Nothing.

I guess I am at the mercy of the dealer which I cant even get into for another week. SOOOO irritating.
Sponsored