Sponsored

Sky One-Touch Power Roof owners - would you get it again?

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Fucking update on the SOT. My top has stopped working due to the tracks that the top runs in getting scarred from use. Apparently, the SOT is not covered under the extended warranty. Or at least it looks that way at this point. Cost to repair? About $3,500 in parts, so close to $5k total.

If they deny my claim I'm just going to buy a used hard top. I hate insurance companies.
Sponsored

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Fucking update on the SOT. My top has stopped working due to the tracks that the top runs in getting scarred from use. Apparently, the SOT is not covered under the extended warranty. Or at least it looks that way at this point. Cost to repair? About $3,500 in parts, so close to $5k total.

If they deny my claim I'm just going to buy a used hard top. I hate insurance companies.
S___ Fire and Brimestone !!!! Hope for the Best !!!!

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
So I have a JL w/ SOT on order... looking at the hotheads site and they're asking for color preference. I know this is probably just to match your interior, but wouldn't getting black be spitting in the wind as far as sun absorption goes? What color did you choose?
I went with Graphite on the SOT headliner and (light) grey on the sunshade. With black leather and a black roof, I wanted to lighten up the interior a bit.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase

I've been saying it forever. Legal thievery

Sponsored

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Mr. Stormin Have you found anything else out about top and warranty ?
I’m seriously working the channels right now. Lots of ins, lots of outs, lots of what have you’s. But I got them to agree to send a warranty adjuster out to inspect it later this week. I they think the SOT is a convertible they aren’t going to cover it. If they don’t cover it I’m just going to put a soft top on it I guess

Sponsored

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I’m seriously working the channels right now. Lots of ins, lots of outs, lots of what have you’s. But I got them to agree to send a warranty adjuster out to inspect it later this week. I they think the SOT is a convertible they aren’t going to cover it. If they don’t cover it I’m just going to put a soft top on it I guess
How would the Rear Pillars be removed ? Since they are made with the SOT.

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
I'm also following. I just bought the extended warranty a few weeks ago, largely because of the power top. But if it's not going to be covered, then I might as well cancel it. I believe I have 60 days to do so.

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
For clarity, I have the "First Mile" warranty with Total Warranty Services. When you read the pamphlet that they give you it has a section on exceptions, convertibles are not mentioned there. But if you read the actual warranty, because nobody, on Page 4, Item C it lists as exceptions "Vinyl and convertible tops" and "convertible top frameworks". I would advise everyone to review their warranty.

Now we can conclude from the doc that "vinyl and convertible tops" are the actual fabric. That is not the issue here, so we'll drop that point. What TWS is saying is that every other part of the SOT falls under "convertible top framework". I am arguing with minimal effectiveness, that the motor and rails and shit do not fall under "framework". Under the traditional nomenclature of convertibles, the framework would be the black folding frame that the fabric attaches. But they are assholes looking to deny every claim, so they have a much broader definition.

I think it really comes down to money, duh. If the claim was a few hundred bucks it probably would not have been an issue.

I will fight the good fight and update this thread when some new shit comes to light.