Sponsored

Sky One-Touch Power Roof owners - would you get it again?

OP
OP
Jeepster21

Jeepster21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Curious with those with the skyroof do any of your weather strips on either side of the vehicle on the rear quarter panels not fit the same on both sides?

Is this by design in order to assemble and disassemble the window panels?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeepster21

Jeepster21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Also interested in hearing from others on what people think of this issue.

In regards to the Hothead liner, I wonder if the trapped heat between the liner and SOT would shorten the life of the SOT top?
I remember something about adding insulation to the underside of a roof that caused shingle life to be reduced. Just wondering if the same principle would apply to the SOT?

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Curious with those with the skyroof do any of your weather strips on either side of the vehicle on the rear quarter panels not fit the same on both sides?

Is this by design in order to assemble and disassemble the window panels?
Funny you should ask that. Just last Saturday I was standing behind the Jeep and I noticed my removable rear drivers side window was sticking out about 1/16th of an inch on the bottom. The passenger side one was flush with the vehicle. I had to take it out twice and redo it to finally get it the right way.

OP
OP
Jeepster21

Jeepster21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
How about the vertical weather stripping does it fit differently on the left side than it does the right?

Funny you should ask that. Just last Saturday I was standing behind the Jeep and I noticed my removable rear drivers side window was sticking out about 1/16th of an inch on the bottom. The passenger side one was flush with the vehicle. I had to take it out twice and redo it to finally get it the right way.

ACGC

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUL 4xe
Additional info: The Hothead Headliner is a GREAT addition. The black top will radiate our AZ heat in the cabin and is thin so it allows wind and road noise through.

I installed the headliner in like 20min, super easy. No problems folding top back. Quieted down the road noise and made it cool even sitting in a parking lot in full sun.

https://hotheadheadliners.com/products/sky-one-touch-headliner?variant=39284096532546

Jeep should have had this from the factory, considering the Sky roof was like a 4k addon.
I just installed t
Thank you for sharing your experience, Chris!

-Mark
just installed as well. It’s a tad quieter inside but definitely cooler with it sitting in the Florida sun. Heat use to radiate off my bald head even w the ac blasting. Now w the headliner it’s almost cool to the touch after a couple of mins w the ac on.

As far as the roof I also have a small rattle in the track when open on the drivers side. Plan on taking it to get looked at soon. Other then that I open the roof everyday and would buy again.

Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
How about the vertical weather stripping does it fit differently on the left side than it does the right?
To be honest Tom I didn’t really inspect the weather stripping because after redoing the window twice I was able to get it in flush. I will look again later

MikeLSV

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
I just installed t

just installed as well. It’s a tad quieter inside but definitely cooler with it sitting in the Florida sun. Heat use to radiate off my bald head even w the ac blasting. Now w the headliner it’s almost cool to the touch after a couple of mins w the ac on.

As far as the roof I also have a small rattle in the track when open on the drivers side. Plan on taking it to get looked at soon. Other then that I open the roof everyday and would buy again.
W/ the Hothead Liner do you think the additional thickness makes the retraction/extension any harder for the roof motor? Looking at YT videos it seems to add a bit of bulk - when the roof is all the way back is it still compact? Any concerns with how the liner folds with the roof material? I would love to buy one but can’t help but think those few millimeters are going to jack something, somewhere. Thoughts?

OP
OP
Jeepster21

Jeepster21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Don't you have to remove the liner before opening the roof?

W/ the Hothead Liner do you think the additional thickness makes the retraction/extension any harder for the roof motor? Looking at YT videos it seems to add a bit of bulk - when the roof is all the way back is it still compact? Any concerns with how the liner folds with the roof material? I would love to buy one but can’t help but think those few millimeters are going to jack something, somewhere. Thoughts?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeepster21

Jeepster21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Now that is interesting I might look at one after all if that's the case. I'd like to hear from others that have already purchased though or their thoughts I think someone had asked before was whether heat between that and the top itself would that cause any long-term problems of heat being trapped in that space if that makes sense?

No. The liner folds up with the roof...accordion style.

ACGC

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUL 4xe
It is very light weight. Doesn’t seem to sound any different opening or closing. Being an ex service manager at a dealership, if I had a major problem with the roof then I would probably remove it before bringing the Jeep in for service but is quick.

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
It is very light weight. Doesn’t seem to sound any different opening or closing. Being an ex service manager at a dealership, if I had a major problem with the roof then I would probably remove it before bringing the Jeep in for service but is quick.
Service Manager: "What are these velcro strips for?"
You using the Jedi mind trick: "What velcro strips?"

ACGC

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUL 4xe
Service Manager: "What are these velcro strips for?"
You using the Jedi mind trick: "What velcro strips?"
if I had a major roof problem, like a blown motor then I would take off the Velcro as well. Easy enough to replace a few dollars worth of Velcro. That being said I don’t think the liner would cause any addition strain on any parts of the system

frank-o

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 SOT, JLUR SOT, Prior JLUR Sting, 10thA JKUR
THis is the reason I have paused on purchasing the Hothead liner.
Sponsored