Sponsored

Sky One-Touch Power Roof owners - would you get it again?

Cappy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
I also only handwash mine, as I do think the dryer portion would be pretty rough on the top over time.
I have only had my Jeep with SOT since this spring. I use it all the time, it turns the Wrangler into a convertible. It does not look quite as cool as a Jeep with the hard top completely off, but that is a small price to pay because I would hardly ever mess with taking the top off.

Anyway, I always hand wash but I am wondering when 5 months of winter hits Michigan and the pressure washer gets stored in the basement so it doesn't freeze up how will I hand wash?
Sponsored

Ismor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Yes, yes, yes!

I use it daily. On-road, off-road, back streets and highways. It's fantastic.

The top has been through car-wash tunnels, high pressure washes, and vicious thunderstorms - and performed perfectly. It's still a Jeep!

But here's what you should also consider: The top limits the racks you can use (DM for details). And it also limits the use of some accessories, like saddle bags, because the ceiling is a tiny-bit lower.

Nonetheless, I'm a happy camper.

bkinnj

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 DDRT / '21 JLUR4xe
I have only had my Jeep with SOT since this spring. I use it all the time, it turns the Wrangler into a convertible. It does not look quite as cool as a Jeep with the hard top completely off, but that is a small price to pay because I would hardly ever mess with taking the top off.

Anyway, I always hand wash but I am wondering when 5 months of winter hits Michigan and the pressure washer gets stored in the basement so it doesn't freeze up how will I hand wash?
Same question here. Thinking one of those "manual" car washes that let you use their pressure washer in a bay.

pangmaster

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Occupation
Enterprise architect
Vehicle Showcase
Same question here. Thinking one of those "manual" car washes that let you use their pressure washer in a bay.
This is what I do in the winter. There are a few of these places open all year round close to me, though when it is really cold doing so means I get a nice layer of ice over everything as a bonus. But the whole point is to get as much salt off as possible, not so much a true wash. I don't even use any soap, just spray as best I can while trying not to freeze my arss off.

Brofam

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gmc can Am
Curious of owners feedback on the Sky One-Touch Power Roof.

If you were to do over again, would you still get in? Any problems?

Can you still go through a car wash with no problems?
I absolutely love my power roof! I had one salesman try and talk me out of it saying one customer he had hated it and had leaks and couldn’t stand the noise. I purchase mine from somewhere else and no regrets! I came from a diesel excursion so this Ecodiesel power roof noise is nothing!
I have gone thru carwashes with no problems. I did pick up some 303 protectant for the fabric but have not applied yet. I also would recommend Bob Moses ceramic coating in Phoenix as he did an awesome job on the paint protection

Sponsored

Pabst113

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willy’s
It is very convenient and I've had no issues with the few car washes I've used. HOWEVER I've been dealing with a very annoying rattle when mine is open that is coming from the front forward passenger side mechanism. Tomorrow is the 3rd or 4th attempt for the dealer to diagnose this which they have acknowledged does exist.

I had it there 2 weeks ago when Jeeps engineer was there and they could not replicate it even though it was doing it when I dropped it off. It only makes the rattling noise when I'm on a not so smooth road (which we have a lot of in Minnesota) or at highway speeds and only when it's open at just about any distance retracted back.

I'm now at the point where this rattle is so annoying that I prefer to keep it closed which defeats the purpose of having a Wrangler.

If I did it over again I would probably go back to a 2 door with dual top options. I'm sure mine is a bit of a anomaly but its really putting a damper on my Jeep experience.
I too had a rattle in the front passenger area. It bugged the crap outta me and they couldn’t replicate it as well. It turned out to be a trim piece on the roll bar. A screw pulled through the plastic and it was enough to cause the trim piece and the fastener to rattle at the bumps.

I also have a high pitched screeching rattle in the rear removable window latch. The service Mgr said that he couldn’t order just a latch and ordered me a whole new window. Well, the paint doesn’t match and they didn’t order a new latch or trim pieces. So I’m driving toppers until they all the parts are in.
I would order it again in a heartbeat, even with the issues.

Namakan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys
I too had a rattle in the front passenger area. It bugged the crap outta me and they couldn’t replicate it as well. It turned out to be a trim piece on the roll bar. A screw pulled through the plastic and it was enough to cause the trim piece and the fastener to rattle at the bumps.

I also have a high pitched screeching rattle in the rear removable window latch. The service Mgr said that he couldn’t order just a latch and ordered me a whole new window. Well, the paint doesn’t match and they didn’t order a new latch or trim pieces. So I’m driving toppers until they all the parts are in.
I would order it again in a heartbeat, even with the issues.
Mine is not in the trim. The dealer and a local Jeep engineer figured out it’s the metal pins that slide along the track. On a bumpy road or at highway speed there is enough play in them that the front of the top can move up and down making the pins rattle against the track. Jeep is flying out two additional engineers to look at it as well as it sounds like there have been some other complaints and has escalated up the engineering food chain. Too bad as the convenience of the design is great.

My dealer has been fabulous through this frustrating process and have agreed to buy it back without much of a hit to me unless Jeep does something which I’m not relying on as I just want out at this point.

I’m going old school instead and ordered a 2 door with soft top and half doors last week.

Last edited:

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂

Sponsored

Blendo

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JKUR
Love our Sky One Touch top too. Previous JKUR had a standard hard top that was a bit of a pain to remove by myself but the roll back fabric roof gives my 90% of the open air feeling at 1% of the effort!

Jeep goes through standard soft-touch car washes with no issues.

Enjoying the sun over the weekend on the trail to Reymert, AZ. Buddy flying his drone from the passenger seat :rock:

DJI_0110.JPG

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Standard touch-free car wash works, or take it to the local coin-op.

Blendo

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JKUR
No lifting of the top panel or water intrusion when I go through the automated wash with dryers at the end of the tunnel.
Sponsored