Sponsored

Sky One-Touch Power Roof owners - would you get it again?

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
We have found that the Bestop twill protectant works great.

1621435275216.png
This is correct. I talked to Jeep after I bought mine and the SPT is made with Premium Twill fabric material.

I have used this from day one and keeps Top clean etc. Water runs off and bird poop wipes off.

Great product.
Sponsored

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

I try to take the same approach with the hand washes but unfortunately given my schedule that is just sometimes hard to do and the car wash route is needed.

So is there any general maintenance required with it or anything that needs to be applied to the material over time?
Wash with Besttop cleaner and condition with BestTop's premium top conditioner. Use a spray bottle to apply and not a rag/sponge. Wipe down after spraying on.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Oh, to answer the original question? Yes, absolutely I'd buy again.

MissRuby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Yes! Love the “convertible” experience and 100% would buy again - with a caveat.

I wear contact lenses and typically wear sunglasses while driving, so if I open the roof up it doesn’t bother me at all. Husband wears glasses and hates any sunglasses options he has, and he swears that its too bright/too hot to have the sun blazing down with the roof open. Its my Jeep so typically if the weather is nice, I have it open. When we took it to the mountains a few weeks back, it was SO nice to be able to open/close it easily based on the weather.

For his Jeep, he went with the regular hardtop. He’ll likely never remove it, so it makes sense.

I haven’t washed it yet - planning on giving it a good handwash/wax and treating the top with the Besttop conditioner this weekend.

Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
This is correct. I talked to Jeep after I bought mine and the SPT is made with Premium Twill fabric material.

I have used this from day one and keeps Top clean etc. Water runs off and bird poop wipes off.

Great product.
Yes, this gentleman is the one who turned me onto that product. It's great. Rain water beads and just rolls right off of my roof now.
Thanks again my buddy!!!

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yes! Love the “convertible” experience and 100% would buy again - with a caveat.

I wear contact lenses and typically wear sunglasses while driving, so if I open the roof up it doesn’t bother me at all. Husband wears glasses and hates any sunglasses options he has, and he swears that its too bright/too hot to have the sun blazing down with the roof open. Its my Jeep so typically if the weather is nice, I have it open. When we took it to the mountains a few weeks back, it was SO nice to be able to open/close it easily based on the weather.

For his Jeep, he went with the regular hardtop. He’ll likely never remove it, so it makes sense.

I haven’t washed it yet - planning on giving it a good handwash/wax and treating the top with the Besttop conditioner this weekend.
They make a sunshade now that fits the Sky One Top. Lets you look out but keeps UV light off you.

https://www.spiderwebshade.com/collections/all-products/products/jl4d-power-top

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Tell your husband to get the Top-Lift Pro. Take the top off 2 mins and stores it too.

Spiderwebshade will keep Sun off but let you look out and lets wind through.

Naked & Rain.jpg

Spiderwebshade.jpg

Sponsored

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks dude! I’ve been looking at sun shades as options, I’ll check these out!
Thanks, Picture of the lift too.

Top-Pro lift.jpg

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Jeepster21

Jeepster21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Great to hear... was at the dealership over the weekend was quite impressed by how it works.

Definitely far easier than having to take the entire soft top off or if you have the hardtop even taking the panels out just pressing the button and within about 30 seconds you have the sky view.

Oh, to answer the original question? Yes, absolutely I'd buy again.

OP
OP
Jeepster21

Jeepster21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
How often do you apply this?

Great product.