Sponsored

Sky One-Touch Power Roof owners - would you get it again?

Nikko2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR, '21 4R TRDP, '21 Supra, '13 LR4, '72 442
Vehicle Showcase
Same as the rest, I absolutely love it and would order again in a heartbeat.

I also only handwash mine, as I do think the dryer portion would be pretty rough on the top over time.

Good luck in whatever you choose!
Sponsored

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
Best face tan in April. ever. 😎

4thekids

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUSA w/ Sky One Touch Roof
Another vote for HELL YEAH! I picked mine up last week and love it. Weather has been good so far so I've opened it up quite a bit. But On way home Saturday night it got chilly, and closed it while driving. If I had hard or soft top, I wouldn't have even taken them off yet. Best Decision for me.

Good question about washing. I hadn't thought of it yet....

Namakan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys
It is very convenient and I've had no issues with the few car washes I've used. HOWEVER I've been dealing with a very annoying rattle when mine is open that is coming from the front forward passenger side mechanism. Tomorrow is the 3rd or 4th attempt for the dealer to diagnose this which they have acknowledged does exist.

I had it there 2 weeks ago when Jeeps engineer was there and they could not replicate it even though it was doing it when I dropped it off. It only makes the rattling noise when I'm on a not so smooth road (which we have a lot of in Minnesota) or at highway speeds and only when it's open at just about any distance retracted back.

I'm now at the point where this rattle is so annoying that I prefer to keep it closed which defeats the purpose of having a Wrangler.

If I did it over again I would probably go back to a 2 door with dual top options. I'm sure mine is a bit of a anomaly but its really putting a damper on my Jeep experience.

OP
OP
Jeepster21

Jeepster21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Well if you insist then I guess I must. :)

Is this rivet issue that some have mentioned more sporadic or a common issue for that particular model year of 2020 or 2021?

Best decision, I insist you get it. I had a 18 JLU with the standard freedom tops. They were cool, pretty easy to take off, but still didn't do it often. I purchased a 21 Willys and after seeing the sky top in person I had to have it. I open literally every time I drive weather permitting. It gives 90% of the open air feel of going totally topless, comes with premium audio and screen, and also a body painted hard top. It's a must have in my opinion.

Sponsored

JDoty47

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL
Can you buy one after the fact? My Sport came with the hardtop, I purchased a soft top but would love the SOT if possible

Mudawg10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler
We love it and had a soft top and hardtop on our previous JL that was totaled after an accident. I also love that it includes the larger screen and alpine system and charging ports in the back seat of my Willys. Not sure if all those come with our required anymore like the package we got.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Can you buy one after the fact? My Sport came with the hardtop, I purchased a soft top but would love the SOT if possible
Short answer, Yes! A little longer answer, yes, but your Jeep may be missing the wires for the switch. Not the end of the world as it is only two wires from the drivers side A pillar to the connector in the drivers kick panel.

One caveat, the Jeep MUST be a factory Hardtop.

pm me if you have other questions.
Gregj

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
I also only handwash mine, as I do think the dryer portion would be pretty rough on the top over time.
Can't be any worse than 80 MPH down the highway, probably less as the blowers are aimed down at an angle to sheer the water off the surface.
Gregj

Sponsored

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
Well if you insist then I guess I must. :)

Is this rivet issue that some have mentioned more sporadic or a common issue for that particular model year of 2020 or 2021?
Um not sure to be honest mine is a 21 no issues that I've seen or heard of. Go check one out in person on a sunny day. And then check out a freedom top and a hard top.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
My 2019 Sahara was wild hair that happened one day at the dealership. It was the Sky One Power Soft Top that made me drive it off the lot.

I would never take it through an automatic car wash. . It's not recommended they say.

I hand wash all my autos.

My wife loves the Jeep so much she took it. So I retired and ordered my Rubicon but with a hardtop. Purchased the Top-Lift Pro so 2 mins top off and stored for summer.

I just like the openness of the hardtop off over the Sky One.

Panels off with Half-doors 3.jpg

Nice Break.jpg

OP
OP
Jeepster21

Jeepster21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
I try to take the same approach with the hand washes but unfortunately given my schedule that is just sometimes hard to do and the car wash route is needed.

So is there any general maintenance required with it or anything that needs to be applied to the material over time?

Yes, I’d definitely get it again and only hand washes for me.

2500 hd

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR.
I try to take the same approach with the hand washes but unfortunately given my schedule that is just sometimes hard to do and the car wash route is needed.

So is there any general maintenance required with it or anything that needs to be applied to the material over time?
I am curious as well...