Sponsored

Sky One-Touch Power Roof owners - would you get it again?

Jeepster21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Curious of owners feedback on the Sky One-Touch Power Roof.

If you were to do over again, would you still get in? Any problems?

Can you still go through a car wash with no problems?
Sponsored

bondijoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe - Sarge Green
Yes, would definitely get it again. Love my SOT, use it on almost every drive, and every time I hit the button and the roof starts to retract my 3 year old goes, "WHAAAAT?!" :giggle: Much more convenient than worrying about hardtop panels, though in that case I would add a Sunrider to replace the panels. Soft touch seems like a good answer if you don't need security or frequent access to cargo area or find the price a bit steep. Good luck.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Curious of owners feedback on the Sky One-Touch Power Roof.

If you were to do over again, would you still get in? Any problems?

Can you still go through a car wash with no problems?
We liked it so much we got two. I take them through the car wash almost weekly with zero issues.
Pushing the button is so much easier than the alternatives.
Gregj

Sponsored

MileHigher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 White Sahara Altitude
I got mine based on the feedback from a good friend who has it on his Jeep. Well I have had it for a few months but it’s been great so far.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Had to go through one this morning due to all the pollen. No issues at all.

Gorilla83

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue JLUR 4XE, 2021 Tesla 3 Performance
Occupation
Tech and Real Estate Guy
I regret not getting it (after many warned me) when I was looking for my current Jeep - so much so it was a major consideration to order a new Jeep with the SOT.....at which point I figured I'd go 4XE this time :)

cbeas

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
202 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Realtor
This is my 3rd Wrangler and 1st SOT. I found that I didn't remove the top in my old Jeeps as much as I wanted to because it's such a commitment once it's off. I'm on and off my phone a lot and used to find myself pulling over to have a conversation. I also live in Alabama and we don't have long stretches with no rain typically so that presents a problem too. This SOT top is a game changer for me! I can open the top for a few minutes or all day with the touch of a button. I'm loving it! The only thing I'll miss is not being able to take the top completely off sometimes but it's a small price to pay for this kind of convenience. Worth every penny for me!

Sponsored

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
Best decision, I insist you get it. I had a 18 JLU with the standard freedom tops. They were cool, pretty easy to take off, but still didn't do it often. I purchased a 21 Willys and after seeing the sky top in person I had to have it. I open literally every time I drive weather permitting. It gives 90% of the open air feel of going totally topless, comes with premium audio and screen, and also a body painted hard top. It's a must have in my opinion.

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
If you're going to use the Jeep for any lengthy hardcore overloading or rock crawling adventures and want install something like the Rhino Roof Rack, your options will be severely limited. You can't drill into the roof like you can with the fiberglass hard top.

Similarly, lots of interior mods that rely on the bolts associated with the freedom panels won't work with the One-Touch because the front crossbar is different with the One-Touch.

With that said, I'm a "stick to the moderate trails weekend warrior" type and don't need any of those things and I absolutely friggin LOVE my One-Touch roof.

pangmaster

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Occupation
Enterprise architect
Vehicle Showcase
Just another "me too" on the SOT. My wife got it on her '21 Willys and loves it. Top will be open nearly every day for 7+ months out of the year. It's just so easy. No real issues with excessive noise or leaks or anything. It has been through one Michigan winter and about 10K miles so far, including a 3K mile road trip.

It has gone through a non-touchless car wash a few times without issue. I still recommend either hand wash or touchless car wash if possible, but that is no different from how I would treat a Jeep with a standard hardtop.

No ragrets ;)