First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 jeep 392, Mercedes E 53 convt, Prevost H3-41
Occupation
Retired
just tried to give a deposit to order a 2019 Moab with sky one touch. Initially said it was ok, but dealer has not run the charge card deposit, now saying the sky one touch is not yet available on the Moab.

I really like both the sky one touch and the Moab package.

Any suggestions? Should I wait, should I cancel either the top or the Moab package? Or does anyone have any information on the elusive sky one touch?

Bummed
Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
just tried to give a deposit to order a 2019 Moab with sky one touch. Initially said it was ok, but dealer has not run the charge card deposit, now saying the sky one touch is not yet available on the Moab.

I really like both the sky one touch and the Moab package.

Any suggestions? Should I wait, should I cancel either the top or the Moab package? Or does anyone have any information on the elusive sky one touch?

Bummed
I appreciate your frustration @Mrjimmystewart Jim. One can only assume that the lack of availability of the power top brand wide would extend to all models, even if, as the top becomes available, FCA *might* prioritize it for the higher ticket rigs like the Moab first.

I'm not going to tell you what to do. Many posters think their choices made sense (after all it was their choice) but seem to sometimes forget that questioners may have different priorities.

First: my biases. I got the Dual Top package.

Second: the factors I think you should consider.

What is it about the power top that appeals to you? Is in the ability to retract and close the top without leaving the rig, even while driving? I ask because if you simply want open and close intra-rig capabilities, (even if you might need to pull over first before doing this) Bestop is going to be delivering their Fastback soft top by around year's end to effect this.

And recognize that the version of the power top you wait for might still not address some of these issues. Then again, leakage is a complaint of OEM soft and hard top users alike, particularly after opening the door follows a hard rainfall.

And yet still more, it's only a matter of time until the aftermarket introduces power convertibles using OEM or aftermarket soft tops of their own.

(BTW: I am in the process of trying to create ability to open and close a soft top electrically, at least to the "1st" position (i.e. Sunrider position)---I'm waiting on some parts. This is not conflict of interest as I have and will post updates to this effort as a free DIY here for all and have zero intentions on seeking profit with these endeavors.)

On the other hand, your quite Southern California locale probably makes this top ideal with no chance for snow and nice weather to enjoy it being open year round.

Only you can monetize your willingness to wait, seek other options, save the money, spend it on something else--whether rig focused or not, and what the ability to open and close the roof at 50mph or less is worth to you.

OP
OP
Mrjimmystewart

Mrjimmystewart

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I like the ability to feel open air.
I really like the removable glass rear side windows.
I strongly dislike the plastic.
Will be towing behind my bus, so at many destinations I will not have an easy access to remove a hard top.

Not a perfect trade off, but the best one for my usage.

Fear of some water leakage is no big deal. No much rain here, and it’ll be garaged. On the road, meh.

Did I say I hate the plastic windows?

OP
OP
Mrjimmystewart

Mrjimmystewart

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
The dealer just let me know that my order has been placed and is no longer on hold for the sky one touch. Hopefully that and all my other options don’t hold it up later. Thrilled

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Metal Mulisha Custom
The dealer just let me know that my order has been placed and is no longer on hold for the sky one touch. Hopefully that and all my other options don’t hold it up later. Thrilled
Would you happen to have your order sheet available? What dealership did you order through? I have been struggling to find a dealer that can place a 2019 one touch MOAB order.

Sponsored

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Just as a heads up, I placed my order for the Rubicon JLU with Power Top June 11th, without restriction, and have yet to get any info other than that most of the original June order builds have yet again been pushed back to October now. You'll see that one member in the power top thread who ordered his later in June got an email saying his is now on indefinite delay. @JeepCares has also systematically ignored anything related to all of our power top delays, and the direct links we've been given for our case escalation numbers from Nicole have also been ignored. So be forewarned, you may be waiting on that power top for a very long time even if your order doesn't say it's restricted.

OP
OP
Mrjimmystewart

Mrjimmystewart

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Antonio at jim marsh in Las Vegas ordered it. Yes, I know it’s a risk that jeep won’t, can’t perform. But I have multiple vehicles and I’m willing to wait.