Sky one touch install

iam2b4jc

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU
The two wires aren’t available from Jeep, you would have to change the dash harness to get them from Jeep. Not a big deal to just add the wires yourself. They run from the connector in the A pillar down to the connector in the kick panel on the drivers side.
You have to pull the grab handle and look for wires in the bottom half of the connector, cavity 11 and 12 seen here.
DF0B7C6B-C537-46AF-8997-D68EEEAA7C22.jpeg

Link to the wire diagram.
Gregj
I just put the sky one touch on my wife's jeep today. Thanks for this info on the 2 extra wires. I couldn't tell which ones to use in the kick panel as there were multiple orange with violet, but I ran my 2 wires back to the body plug that plugs into the hard top. That is where I found the 2 corresponding wires
Sponsored

Jaakko

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
I just put the sky one touch on my wife's jeep today. Thanks for this info on the 2 extra wires. I couldn't tell which ones to use in the kick panel as there were multiple orange with violet, but I ran my 2 wires back to the body plug that plugs into the hard top. That is where I found the 2 corresponding wires
I have a '22 Sahara with the hard top and am considering trying to add a Sky One Touch roof. I have been looking online for someone that is selling but no luck. Just curious how did you find yours?

iam2b4jc

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU
I have a '22 Sahara with the hard top and am considering trying to add a Sky One Touch roof. I have been looking online for someone that is selling but no luck. Just curious how did you find yours?
I found one at a dealership that a customer had them take off.

Jaakko

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Thanks. Lucky find. I will keep searching. How do you like yours now that it's installed?

Jenjen0529

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
The two wires aren’t available from Jeep, you would have to change the dash harness to get them from Jeep. Not a big deal to just add the wires yourself. They run from the connector in the A pillar down to the connector in the kick panel on the drivers side.
You have to pull the grab handle and look for wires in the bottom half of the connector, cavity 11 and 12 seen here.
DF0B7C6B-C537-46AF-8997-D68EEEAA7C22.jpeg

Link to the wire diagram.
Gregj
I know this thread is old but after scouring the internet, your info is the only valuable info I can find on adding the SOT. We have it on and installed along with the header/button, however, we do not have the 2 orange wires behind the grab bar. I know they need to be added and ran down to the kick panel but where exactly in the kick panel do they go to? Thank you!!

Sponsored

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
I know this thread is old but after scouring the internet, your info is the only valuable info I can find on adding the SOT. We have it on and installed along with the header/button, however, we do not have the 2 orange wires behind the grab bar. I know they need to be added and ran down to the kick panel but where exactly in the kick panel do they go to? Thank you!!
Those two wires go to the xy315a connector in the drivers kick panel.
Jeep Wrangler JL Sky one touch install 15E5DECA-9B12-4A1D-B5CB-154A23CB73E4

The white one in this picture, the blue and green wires are the ones I installed for my SOT to work. What year is your Jeep? There was a change in the wire diagram in ‘21 or ‘22. The diagram posted above is for an ‘18.
Gregj

TDiCicco13

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
I was able to find a sky one touch roof, minus wiring harness, button, and header, for my 2021 JLRU. I have the advantage of having a small shop and was able to get the wiring harness and button. I have found out that you do not really need the SOT windshield header. You can use the hardtop / soft top header just fine. Below in the pics you will notice my "normal" header. It has a place to install the SOT button already, you just need to cut it out. The SOT harness has ONE extra plug for that button. That's it. It was plug and play. Just take your time and go slow. Any more info feel free to PM me. I have 2 more of the harnesses and buttons.
Hi Robert. I am attempting the same swap you are talking about and I am having some trouble figuring out the front header wireharness that I need. I just found a One Touch and have it installed but I got everything but that harness in the front. I have a 2018 JLU Sahara that came with Hard top. The picture I found did not look the same in the delaer parts. I just want to make sure I get the correct part to see if I can get this top to open and close from the button. The top I got cam with the header so I have that swapped out just need to figure out the power. Thank you for any insight you can help with

OP
OP
rjpjeep

rjpjeep

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLRU
Hi Robert. I am attempting the same swap you are talking about and I am having some trouble figuring out the front header wireharness that I need. I just found a One Touch and have it installed but I got everything but that harness in the front. I have a 2018 JLU Sahara that came with Hard top. The picture I found did not look the same in the delaer parts. I just want to make sure I get the correct part to see if I can get this top to open and close from the button. The top I got cam with the header so I have that swapped out just need to figure out the power. Thank you for any insight you can help with
Jeep Wrangler JL Sky one touch install 20220831_141809
Sponsored