Sponsored

Sky One Touch, Headliner, Noise and Heat Reduction.

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
I'm not sure. I was looking at adding a sun shade as well for when it's open. The SOT top only has a couple options that will work with it. I'm tall the headliner is no issue, but if the sunshade is not going to to tight to the top. I'm pretty sure I'll be rubbing my head on it.

I think there should be no problem with the straps or buggies because the front and back all move with the top. For me it's really how much headroom will I lose. I lost close to nothing with the new headliner.
We just introduced our Hothead Sunshade for the SOT that works with our Hothead Skyliner perfectly. Sunshades for the other Jeep models will be coming soon.
Sponsored

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
No, it's like a headliner that attaches to the SOT with velcro and folds up with it. It is padded with "insulation" which cuts down on the heat and noise.
Ah I get it now. I watched the install video so now it all makes sense. This is a pretty cool idea.

Aside from insulation improvement it also looks so much better inside with that nice and clean look, like a normal inside.

I'm curious about the wind noise, was this made to also reduce that significantly, or it's just a small improvement?

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Ah I get it now. I watched the install video so now it all makes sense. This is a pretty cool idea.

Aside from insulation improvement it also looks so much better inside with that nice and clean look, like a normal inside.

I'm curious about the wind noise, was this made to also reduce that significantly, or it's just a small improvement?
I would say small improvement, but worth it.

Sponsored

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I think they are kinda pricey for what they are though.
I'm on the fence about the side panels as well. Did anyone else end up installing them? Any feedback on if they actually reduce noice to be worth an additional $140?

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
I'm on the fence about the side panels as well. Did anyone else end up installing them? Any feedback on if they actually reduce noise to be worth an additional $140?
I think they are more to cover the white rather than noise reduction.

MissRuby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon
I just installed the headliner on my SOT this past weekend. Easy install, took it on the road and there is a noticeable difference. I skipped the side panels because I wanted to see how this would go first, but I may go back and add those at a later date.

Makes the inside of the SOT look MUCH nicer and cleaner! No more bar visibility, still all the functionality. Definitely recommend.

OP
OP

Tarheel.07

First Name
Joedy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited - Altitude
I'm on the fence about the side panels as well. Did anyone else end up installing them? Any feedback on if they actually reduce noice to be worth an additional $140?
I installed them. I can't really say I can tell the difference. I put them in with the headliner. So I can't really separate the change. Its noticeable with everthing installed. It does cover most of the white on the side panels. So you do get the look value out of them as well.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist

Rodinator1234

First Name
Rod Forester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon 3.0 Ecodiesel
How much quieter is it
It's hard to describe, but it's noticeable. I installed the SOT headliner a week a go. Wife and I had not had a chance to drive the Jeep. We drove 220 miles mostly highway, 75-mph, then put the top back and drove for a while. It's defiantly a noticeable on highway difference in noise, like worth every penny noticeable. I was skeptical, I really was. It's also cooler when it sits in the sun, which is something that's important. Top works excellent with it. Overall it's a product the Jeep should have came from the factory with, that's how impressive it is.
Sponsored