Sponsored

Sky One Touch, Headliner, Noise and Heat Reduction.

Tarheel.07

First Name
Joedy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited - Altitude
I was looking for options to reduce the wind noise caused by the Sky One Touch top. It's not bad but much more noticeable than the standard hardtop. It's also not great on keeping the inside temp managed on hot or cold days. I stumbled on the hotheads website.

https://hotheadheadliners.com/products/sky-one-touch-headliner

I ordered it and not only did it ship fast but it installed fast.

If you want to reduce noise, manage the inside temp, and get a really clean look. This is the option you want to get. Really happy with the quality and overall look. I have the JLU - High Alltitude model. This really makes it look even better.

20210510_165159.jpg

20210510_165328.jpg

20210510_165239.jpg

20210510_165233.jpg
Sponsored

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
Do you take it out when you want to open the top?
Thanks for the sharing your experience, Joedy. I'm glad that you're really happy with your new Hothead Skyliner!

-Mark

Sponsored

OP
OP

Tarheel.07

First Name
Joedy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is the view of it from the top and a video of it opening. I'm very happy with it. Most of the time there is something you just have to accept. This was a nice surprise to really provide what was expected and more.

Here is a link to the video of it installed and opening.

Jeep Wrangler JL Sky One Touch, Headliner, Noise and Heat Reduction. 20210511_164203

Jeep Wrangler JL Sky One Touch, Headliner, Noise and Heat Reduction. 20210511_164214

Dakota Jeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
@Hothead Headliners How does it function with a bestop super top ultra? I see the older version strapped to the roll bar independent of the soft top. Is that still the same with the JL’s?

OP
OP

Tarheel.07

First Name
Joedy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not sure. I was looking at adding a sun shade as well for when it's open. The SOT top only has a couple options that will work with it. I'm tall the headliner is no issue, but if the sunshade is not going to to tight to the top. I'm pretty sure I'll be rubbing my head on it.

I think there should be no problem with the straps or buggies because the front and back all move with the top. For me it's really how much headroom will I lose. I lost close to nothing with the new headliner.

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
I installed the Hotheads SOT liner last week and I love it. Hasn't been very hot here since I installed it but I assume it will cut down on the interior heat significantly. I have noticed a reduction in road noise though. It has a nice "looks factory installed" look about it too. Thinking about getting the sunshade too, and maybe the side panels.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Tarheel.07

First Name
Joedy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I installed the Hotheads SOT liner last week and I love it. Hasn't been very hot here since I installed it but I assume it will cut down on the interior heat significantly. I have noticed a reduction in road noise though. It has a nice "looks factory installed" look about it too. Thinking about getting the sunshade too, and maybe the side panels.
I installed the side panels. Not really sure about noise reduction. It does looked better with less of the white fiberglass showing.

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
I'm trying to understand how this works. It's a bar that attaches to the bottom of the sky touch? And with it on it keeps the weight down so air doesn't escape from the sides?

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
I'm trying to understand how this works. It's a bar that attaches to the bottom of the sky touch? And with it on it keeps the weight down so air doesn't escape from the sides?
No, it's like a headliner that attaches to the SOT with velcro and folds up with it. It is padded with "insulation" which cuts down on the heat and noise.

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
@Hothead Headliners How does it function with a bestop super top ultra? I see the older version strapped to the roll bar independent of the soft top. Is that still the same with the JL’s?
We do have a Soft Top Headliner for the JL (Non-SOT). It does attach to the roll bars, so I would assume it fits as long as nothing from the Bestop impedes, but we do not know for sure. If you have issues, you can always send it back to us.

-Mark
Sponsored