SKY ONE TOUCH AND WEIRD AUDIO 'CHANGE'

BCool

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Tuscadero Sahara 4xe
The momentary cut in audio when starting to open and finishing is addressed in the owners manual which says it is normal.
I did not see this in the manual, but I have the same issue (sans bass dropping) only after a warranty fix on the sun visor panel. Dealer said "we can't replicate it" when it was in for another issue. Interestingly, after getting an insurance repair done on the driver's front suspension, the issue went away. Weird!
Sponsored

1BadDad

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT Innovator
Man!! lol I thought it was just me. Sounds like dogshit with the top open. I’ll try your close button bump soon!

scottijohn63

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Corvette Z06 Convertible
Man!! lol I thought it was just me. Sounds like dogshit with the top open. I’ll try your close button bump soon!
Bass drops on mine as well. I now tap the close button to get the bass back! Thanks for figuring this out!

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door Rubicon 6 Speed
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
My convertible Mustang did the same thing. It was a feature, not an issue. It adjusts the audio settings depending on top open or top closed. I assume Jeep did the same...

RAMSTEEL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
Occupation
Army (Ret), Fed Guy
I wish Tazer would have a fix. I thought I was going crazy. Awful sound profile.

Sponsored

rcjpmp

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 4xe Sahara
Hi, thanks for looking. Has anyone with the Sky One Touch roof noticed the following?

When listening to satellite radio, if I put the top back, there is a 1 second delay or 'drop where the music turns off, then there is a noticeable drop in bass output when the music comes back on. I thought i was imagining it, but when the roof is prompted to shut, the bass comes back on.

Has anyone noticed this?

I
It doesn't just happen on satellite. Just picked up my new SOT and it does this on any audio media playing. It's like the Sub turns off when you open the top. Very annoying and making me want to add a second sub, just so i can have bass with my top open. It's like Jeep doesn't want us playing bumping with the top open and they adjust all of the audio in the vehicle. Very annoying. My old infinity convertible used to change its Bose audio when i opened the top, but it actually made it better louder and more bass, so it sounded just as good, even with all the wind noise. Definitely the opposite here.

rcjpmp

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 4xe Sahara
My convertible Mustang did the same thing. It was a feature, not an issue. It adjusts the audio settings depending on top open or top closed. I assume Jeep did the same...
It's a terrible feature to make it sound worse with the top open. There should at least be a setting to turn this crappy "feature" off.

RAMSTEEL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
Occupation
Army (Ret), Fed Guy
Yep, and one will respond from Jeep other than to say get with the dealer. The dealer, the two I engaged, both say there's nothing programmatically they can change. It's so annoying I don't open my top sometimes because the audio profile is so bad.

AirportDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUXR, 2018 GC Trailhawk Hemi
Occupation
Aeronautics Professional
As an old previous post notes, after it's all the way open, just bump it closed a tiny bit and it all comes back. Works great for me!

OP
OP

CMF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 2021 SAHARA (that my wife lets me drive on the weekends..sometimes.)
It doesn't just happen on satellite. Just picked up my new SOT and it does this on any audio media playing. It's like the Sub turns off when you open the top. Very annoying and making me want to add a second sub, just so i can have bass with my top open. It's like Jeep doesn't want us playing bumping with the top open and they adjust all of the audio in the vehicle. Very annoying. My old infinity convertible used to change its Bose audio when i opened the top, but it actually made it better louder and more bass, so it sounded just as good, even with all the wind noise. Definitely the opposite here.
I just wait for the SOT to fully retract, drop the bass, then I hit the close button twice real fast and the bass kicks back in.

teachdocs

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 JLUR
Does this change in sound profile vary according to the vehicle speed setting in the audio settings menu? If the speed volume is turned all the way up, will it not happen for example?
Sponsored