Sponsored

SKY ONE TOUCH AND WEIRD AUDIO 'CHANGE'

CMF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 2021 SAHARA (that my wife lets me drive on the weekends..sometimes.)
Hi, thanks for looking. Has anyone with the Sky One Touch roof noticed the following?

When listening to satellite radio, if I put the top back, there is a 1 second delay or 'drop where the music turns off, then there is a noticeable drop in bass output when the music comes back on. I thought i was imagining it, but when the roof is prompted to shut, the bass comes back on.

Has anyone noticed this?

I
Sponsored

Namakan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys
I've noticed the quick off/on of a split second as you described but have not noticed any difference in the bass. I'll have to try it again today.

On another note my 2 month old vehicle is headed to the dealer tomorrow to have the entire Sky One Touch top replaced which has been discussed here. Curious to see if this corrects both of these issues.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-top-needs-to-be-replaced.67668/#post-1430294

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

When listening to satellite radio, if I put the top back, there is a 1 second delay or 'drop where the music turns off,
Just a guess, but this might be due the top passing over the satellite/gps antenna on the roll bar.

OP
OP

CMF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 2021 SAHARA (that my wife lets me drive on the weekends..sometimes.)
Just a guess, but this might be due the top passing over the satellite/gps antenna on the roll bar.
Could be. I'm more concerned with the bass dropping so much, it's just weird.

OP
OP

CMF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've noticed the quick off/on of a split second as you described but have not noticed any difference in the bass. I'll have to try it again today.

On another note my 2 month old vehicle is headed to the dealer tomorrow to have the entire Sky One Touch top replaced which has been discussed here. Curious to see if this corrects both of these issues.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-top-needs-to-be-replaced.67668/#post-1430294
Yeah, see if you can notice a difference and let me know.

Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Could be. I'm more concerned with the bass dropping so much, it's just weird.
Check if you have speed adjusted volume enabled. That might be doing it.

Tejas

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JULRD
Exactly what mine does. Once when it starts to open and again when it's all the way opened.

Simms

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
I have the same problem. The momentary cut in audio when starting to open and finishing is addressed in the owners manual which says it is normal. But it’s the reduction in bass I haven’t been able to figure out. If anyone finds out why it turns the bass down when the top is open I’d like to know too.

OP
OP

CMF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the same problem. The momentary cut in audio when starting to open and finishing is addressed in the owners manual which says it is normal. But it’s the reduction in bass I haven’t been able to figure out. If anyone finds out why it turns the bass down when the top is open I’d like to know too.
after you've fully opened the top, you can hit the close button and stop it immediately and the bass returns. It's just odd.

Ntegtmeyer

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2014 Jeep Patriot Oscar Mike Edition, 2012 Jeep Compass Limited
This is normal, it’s essentially the radio/amp changing the EQ curves for more open air type audio. It’s essentially the same thing that happens for hard top owners who disconnect the harness when the music is playing and you hear that brief pause.

Sponsored

5foot19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
This is normal, it’s essentially the radio/amp changing the EQ curves for more open air type audio. It’s essentially the same thing that happens for hard top owners who disconnect the harness when the music is playing and you hear that brief pause.
The JK did this as well. when you disconnected the hardtop, your audio changed. So much so that many owners plug in resistors to fool their JK in to thinking the hardtop was installed when it wasn't so they could get the sound they preferred more from their audio. I'd think removing the hardtop would necessitate more volume and more bass to get the same sound but apparently mopar disagrees.

OP
OP

CMF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The JK did this as well. when you disconnected the hardtop, your audio changed. So much so that many owners plug in resistors to fool their JK in to thinking the hardtop was installed when it wasn't so they could get the sound they preferred more from their audio. I'd think removing the hardtop would necessitate more volume and more bass to get the same sound but apparently mopar disagrees.
Here's a dumb question: Do soft top owners experience the same thing?

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Do soft top owners experience the same thing?
As I recall, no. That is, not if the vehicle only came with a soft top.

I was going to post about the sound change with the hard top, but wasn't 100% sure if the JL's still had the same thing going on. I never removed the hard top on my JKU and won't ever on my JLU.

ERP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla P85D, BMW M4 Convertible, Lotus Elise Track Car, 20' JLUR
Occupation
New Product & Automation Engineer
I have the same issue with my Sky-One-Touch.
At full open the audio drops out for 1 second and comes back with less bass.
Hitting the close button fixes the issue. I usually bump the close button after full open to get the bass back.