Sponsored

Sky-One - loud rattles in roof over Passenger/Driver Door!

dgpal2

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Billet Silver Rubicon
@dgpal2 Any updates on the rattle?
Sorry, about the late post, I wanted to drive it a few days to make sure the problem was corrected. The problem is definitely the Sky One Touch frame rubbing against the painted frame of the Jeep. The dealership removed the Sky One frame and placed a foam wedge in both places where it contacts the frame and the noise is gone!

CharlieMass

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
Same here. I have a new 2020 Wrangler 4 door Saraha one-touch sky top (open or closed). Over morderate bumps, there's a clicking plastic-y sound from the upper moulding area above the passenger seat. ALSO, there a squeak from he back seats. Both drive me a little crazy if the sound isn't cranked up. Question: should I trust the dealer to fix them or try on my own? Here's a video of what I hear when I drive. Thank you!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=FL4mYCDY3AeKTLe8up_1_oNQ

dgpal2

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Billet Silver Rubicon
Same here. I have a new 2020 Wrangler 4 door Saraha one-touch sky top (open or closed). Over morderate bumps, there's a clicking plastic-y sound from the upper moulding area above the passenger seat. ALSO, there a squeak from he back seats. Both drive me a little crazy if the sound isn't cranked up. Question: should I trust the dealer to fix them or try on my own? Here's a video of what I hear when I drive. Thank you!

The video is hard to tell but the dealer did a great job fixing mine. It’s just plastic from the bottom of the top assembly rubbing on the gloss painted roll bar. The dealer put a piece of foam padding between it and it was gone.

Rubicon20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I think I have this issue as well. On less than smooth roads its constant, but on a nice smooth road or highway not bad.
I've been debating bringing it in but worried they'll make it worse.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Skylerpaige1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara - sky one top

CharlieMass,

that video is the EXACT same sound that I had. The dealer put a thin foam pad between the roof and the frame On the passenger side front area and I never heard the sound again. Don’t bother doing it yourself make the dealer fix it. Regarding the noise in the Back seat.... it’s hard for me to see/hear your video but I noticed that when the arm rest in the bench is not secured and in the closed position it makes a horrible metal on metal clicking. If you think that may be it, drive around with your arm bench down (it fully clicked in) and see if that helps. Keep me posted!

jeepthang

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Make sure you check these torx head bolts along the top head rail under both visors. Both of mine were crazy loose and rattling over bumps. Took care of all the noise I was hearing from my top.

20200201_141840.jpg

Johnkavaney

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler JL
Hi All, I have a brand new 2020 JL and I have the same issue, the sky one roof at the front passenger side is rattling and the rear quarter panel window on the drivers side is producing a loud squeak. did you manage to resolve the issue? I'm really disappointed with this I love driving the Jeep but the squeaks and rattles are driving me Mad and the car is 3 months old!

07/15/2020
took the wrangler to my local jeep dealership to be inspected regarding the roof. they removed the plastic covers on the roll bars and the headliner where the rear view mirror and the sun visors are (and did not do a good job putting it back on) and the issue is still occurring. has anyone removed the roof themeslves?

Last edited:

Johnkavaney

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler JL

hey there i have the same noise with my wrangler Sky One roof. where you abel to get it fixed?

MoJoJoJoJeep

First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Unlimited 4 door
Vehicle Showcase
Mine has been repaired three times for the same issue and now the sounds are all back again. I bought my Jeep in June 2020 and is a Rubicon JLUR with one touch. They removed the top and added foam and the specialty tape and it seemed to fix it for about. A month and now the sound at the rear window which is A horrible steak is back and roof is rattling at the driver side rear passenger now and the wind noise is horrible I can’t talk on blue tooth and have anyone hear me. Help! Has anyone had along term solution that works?

Sponsored

JWB5i

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
I have the same problem with the Sky One Touch on my 21 Sahara. We noticed it on our ride home from the dealer after the purchase. We contacted a dealer and were told by them that they heard nothing but that the noise they did hear was characteristic of the sky touch. So did they hear something or not? Also, the sound I hear when driving should not be a characteristic of a new $50K plus vehicle. It sounds like the vehicle is flexing as the sound will move from passenger front to driver front but mostly occurs on the passenger front. I can apply upward pressure to the top against the frame and the sound will stop but as soon as I remove the pressure, it begins again. SO FRUSTRATING AND ANNOYING. I honestly think it is getting louder. Can anyone suggest an at-home fix because my dealer was not interested in the repair?

OP
OP

Skylerpaige1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara - sky one top
I have the same problem with the Sky One Touch on my 21 Sahara. We noticed it on our ride home from the dealer after the purchase. We contacted a dealer and were told by them that they heard nothing but that the noise they did hear was characteristic of the sky touch. So did they hear something or not? Also, the sound I hear when driving should not be a characteristic of a new $50K plus vehicle. It sounds like the vehicle is flexing as the sound will move from passenger front to driver front but mostly occurs on the passenger front. I can apply upward pressure to the top against the frame and the sound will stop but as soon as I remove the pressure, it begins again. SO FRUSTRATING AND ANNOYING. I honestly think it is getting louder. Can anyone suggest an at-home fix because my dealer was not interested in the repair?
you need to add a piece of padded foam between the jeep frame and the roof above the driver/passenger doors. My dealer did it but I left my jeep at dealer for a week and refused to pick it up until they fixed it. Mine was also 2 years ago when sky one tops were brand new to wranglers and uncommon at that time but the dealer should absolutely be responsible for fixing ASAP. Hope that helps.
Sponsored