Skid Row Exhaust Loop Skid Plate "Improvements"

OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Not really. I used an adjustable wrench on the nut because my big wrenches weren’t handy (22 I think) and a socket/air impact on the 21 bolt head. You don’t have to remove the bolt, just take the nut off, place the skid, bolt it back up and torque it. Total install time less than 5 minutes.
Good to know, it looked to be a pain, but I was balancing the skid and a tape measure at the same time.

Advertisement

LazyJL

First Name
Larry
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2001 built XJ, 1997 near stock XJ
Interesting that the only exhaust loop skids I found searching are the Skid Row plate and the EVO skid plate
it appears that none of the big buck full skid plates manufacturers consider the exhaust loop worth protecting.
My question is the exhaust loop less vulnerable than it appears? It looks expensive to replace.

OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting that the only exhaust loop skids I found searching are the Skid Row plate and the EVO skid plate
it appears that none of the big buck full skid plates manufacturers consider the exhaust loop worth protecting.
My question is the exhaust loop less vulnerable than it appears? It looks expensive to replace.
There have been a few posts where some one has damaged the loop and yes, it is not cheap to replace. The EVO skid plate does not appear to protect as well as the Skid Row version if I am understanding how it works.

DaddyEngineer

First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
There have been a few posts where some one has damaged the loop and yes, it is not cheap to replace. The EVO skid plate does not appear to protect as well as the Skid Row version if I am understanding how it works.
Not sure, but the Evo skid looks like it only works with their belly skid system.

Scott

OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@Chocolate Thunder - here it is after I gusseted the tab, fully welded the parts they stitch welded and added some additional flat bar to strengthen it. Just out of the sandblaster and I will test fit it and then have it coated:

qlja8g.jpg

qljl9a.jpg

qljYcF.jpg

JLUin818

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
i have had the skid row plate for over a year now. i have room between it and the loop. Choco Thunder, is yours a 2.0T by any chance?

OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
i have had the skid row plate for over a year now. i have room between it and the loop. Choco Thunder, is yours a 2.0T by any chance?
The 2.0T does not have the exhaust loop.

Advertisement

Icon Vehicle Dynamics

Advertisement