Skid Plates Unlimited JL Rubicon

phxrubijl

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL
Just ordered a new JL unlimited Rubicon and wanted to know what skid plates I should get first. I am new to off roading and expect to do easy to moderate trails. What type (Oil /transmission etc.) and what products should I consider .
Thanks
Mike
Sponsored

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
The JL is still so new that there is not much out there as of yet as the aftermarket is playing catch up.

The Rubicon is pretty well protected stock so I would first suggest take taking it out on some trails first and learn for to drive off road first. And over time you will learn you limitations of the jeep for the terrain that you plan on driving on and but the right parts to fix them

RonH

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150, 2018 Granite Crystal Metalic JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AF, Now Field Engineer / Site Manager
Vehicle Showcase
The Rubicon is pretty well protected stock so I would first suggest take taking it out on some trails first and learn for to drive off road first. And over time you will learn you limitations of the jeep for the terrain that you plan on driving on and but the right parts to fix them
What he said...

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Man trying to find a video I saw on YouTube guy was talking about what is exposed on new JL. Not much and all his recommendations were just if you really wanted to

Artec

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Artecindustries.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU, 2020 JLUR 2019 JTR 2021 JTRD
We have control arm skid plates for the JL and heavy duty Cad Skids here at Artec Industries We are also working on a full bellypan system

Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
The JL is still so new that there is not much out there as of yet as the aftermarket is playing catch up.

What he said.

I plan to get skids for the lower control arms and protection for the pumpkins at the very least. Looking at the oil pan and trans but will see how close they come to things as I go. Weight will be kept low, but not at the expense of saving the Heep. :like:

JASPER

First Name
Wayolife Sucks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon and 2014 JK 2dr
We have control arm skid plates for the JL and heavy duty Cad Skids here at Artec Industries We are also working on a full bellypan system
I installed the CAD skid and still need to weld on LCA skids.. dam good products!!!!!!!!!

Euro JEEP

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Also available in aluminum?

JASPER

First Name
Wayolife Sucks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon and 2014 JK 2dr
how can nothing still not be out????????? seriously WTH

Sponsored

Globexradice

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 jk
Artec is what we plan on running. Hands down my favorite skid we install on jk builds I'm sure the jl will be just as amazing.

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
Artec is what we plan on running. Hands down my favorite skid we install on jk builds I'm sure the jl will be just as amazing.
Artec just announced their skids today on this forum. $2199 for Aluminum and $1299 for steel I think.

Artec

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Artecindustries.com
Vehicle(s)
how can nothing still not be out????????? seriously WTH
We just announced the preorder for our belly pan kits on the forum here yesterday

Artec

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Artecindustries.com
Vehicle(s)
It's even better on the JL it completely eliminates the factory gas tank skid and give 3/4" more clearnace the aluminum bellypan system is 10lbs heavier then oem skids amd the steel will be 92lbs heavier

Globexradice

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 jk
It's even better on the JL it completely eliminates the factory gas tank skid and give 3/4" more clearnace the aluminum bellypan system is 10lbs heavier then oem skids amd the steel will be 92lbs heavier
I can't wait for jeep invasion to get ours.
Sponsored