Skid Plates Artec vs Rock Hard

Outlawjeep

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 HOUR, 1997 2dr XJ
Ok so I have been looking at both the Artec and Rock Hard skids plates and can't decide which is better. What says the forum?
Sponsored

keviper

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Winter Edition
Ok so I have been looking at both the Artec and Rock Hard skids plates and can't decide which is better. What says the forum?
I had Rock Hard skids on my 2015 Rubicon Hard Rock and they took an absolute beating and never skipped a beat.

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Better is subjective. I have the Rock Hard system, and I have a thread going about the install. It is a solid system for sure. I chose this over the Artec system because the Rock Hard skids are coated while the Artec's are not for the same price.

DirtyTj

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On its way 2018 JLUR in granite crystal with most everything but smokers group and dual top.2003 Sahara ARB air lockers front and rear, G2 Dana 60 in the rear, Dana 30 with RCV shafts Upfront 4.88 gearing.
Has anyone tried the river raider skid plates? And does one system offer any more clearance or better protection than another? Rockhard claims to add additional crossmembers to prevent frame flex. Prefinished skids are nice, but painted skids are better in New England in my opinion.

Yellow109r

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLUR, Bright White
Occupation
Aircraft Industrial Engineer for the DoD
Vehicle Showcase
IMO, Artec products seemed to all come unfinished, rough edges and bare metal (Bumpers, Skids). Thats why I went with Hard Rock Skids didnt want to mess with coating them

MtCamper

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlUR White Rubi, 2018 GMC 3500 Duramax,
Occupation
Retired Snowbird
I don't have skid plates, but i installed Rock Hard sliders and front bumper on mine and they are top notch. Fit, finish and install couldn't be better. I ordered factory direct and their customer service was also top notch.
Sponsored