First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlUR White Rubi, 2018 GMC 3500 Duramax,
Occupation
Retired Snowbird
Bought it a month and a half ago and have been getting used to it. I'm still waiting for the new bumper and step-sliders before I'm trail ready, but have done some mild trails. So far it's getting 18-19 mpg. After reading all the comments here, I've been waiting for the steering to fail, the top to whistle and the tires to fall off. None of that's happened. So far I'm delighted. It's very quiet up to about 55-60 and then it does get louder. The steering has always been good, but my impression is that is has "settled" in and seems even better with 1000 miles on it.

It goes to the dealer today to see if anything can be done to improve the XM reception. I drop reception way more than in my other Jeep. I've also had sensors for lane assist and park assist drop out saying they are obstructed. Not sure why but they will check that too. Thats really about it. No other issues with the vehicle.

I am frustrated by auto park and ESS and wish I could disable both. Not the Jeeps fault though. I bought knowing both were there and am learning to live with them. It took three calls and an email to jeep cares to finally get them to send me an owners manual. The first call they wanted $28 to send me one? Kinda pissed me off. I must say that now they have called me twice to confirm with me and is seems I got an untrained rep the first call. They do seem very responsive now.

All in all, I'm a happy camper. If you've been waiting because the forum has all those negative reviews, I'd say quit waiting. I think most of us are very satisfied.
Sponsored

FUBAR

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
It's great to hear you're having a good experience with your new Jeep. I'm mostly in the same boat, I have some minor complaints but nothing seriously wrong so far which is excellent. I can't help but look at the negative posts to see what issues are out there but it's always nice seeing a post like this too. :like:

schneidvegas

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Iā€™m about 11 weeks and 7000 miles in on my first wrangler, JLU Sport S. Aside from the uconnect being stuck in the wrong city, which was cleared from the settings menu and the uconnect not allowing me to screenshot my iPhone while itā€™s connected, Iā€™ve no complaints about my jeep.

Unrealistic complaints;
Stupid carpet holds my white GSD hair.
Stupid drivers knee burn with top/doors off.
Windshield hits every bug on the highway.
Alpine system is too loud when turned up.
Assholes are always waving at me.
People always stare at me.
It gets too good of MPG to be a wrangler.
Pollen gets in the jeep when naked.
Work wants me back at work.
College is taking up all my jeep time.

Iā€™m sure there are other complaints Iā€™m forgetting.

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
The problems threads get downright scary when you want to buy one of these, drive it 10k a year, offroad without getting stranded, and generally depend on a Fiat.

Hearing the ho-hum good stories keeps my spirits high. I really do want to believe these are built properly. Excellent to hear you're having a good time in yours!

CZ 75

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
I second that the steering seems to have "settled in" after about 800 miles.

Initially it wanted to meander around the lane. Now it feels fine. Maybe the KO2s are squirmy when still fresh.

Sponsored

Tridgerat

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in the same boat. Just rolled over 6k miles in my JLUR and I have no major complaints at all. Auto park is a pain and it would be nice to disable the ESS so I agree there. I would also love to be able to lock my differentials in 4H instead of only in 4LO. Overall though I love this thing. I did put a Hothead Headliner in to drastically cut the wind noise down so I'm very pleased with that. Just need more options for rear bumpers to come out.

TheWingman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JLUR
2.6k on mine thus far, and I am happy to report the same good news! She's my DD, so I am relying on it to get me to and from work every day. Time will tell on how that pans out in the long term. One thing that caught me off guard was the exhaust note. It sounds really great, especially on overrun when downshifting coming to a stop.

Biscuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Retired
Iā€™m about 11 weeks and 7000 miles in on my first wrangler, JLU Sport S. Aside from the uconnect being stuck in the wrong city, which was cleared from the settings menu and the uconnect not allowing me to screenshot my iPhone while itā€™s connected, Iā€™ve no complaints about my jeep.

Unrealistic complaints;
Stupid carpet holds my white GSD hair.
Stupid drivers knee burn with top/doors off.
Windshield hits every bug on the highway.
Alpine system is too loud when turned up.
Assholes are always waving at me.
People always stare at me.
It gets too good of MPG to be a wrangler.
Pollen gets in the jeep when naked.
Work wants me back at work.
College is taking up all my jeep time.

Iā€™m sure there are other complaints Iā€™m forgetting.
Same complaints as yours with my bone stock JLU Sport except for the last two, because I retired last year and I finished college in 1974. :)

ManLovesRobot

First Name
Manus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Willys
Vehicle Showcase
1700 here and just over a month. No complaints except Jeep has been a piss poor customer service company. Steering either settled or I am used to it now. Speedos are out of sync otherwise I love it!

Chemy350

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Mortgage Loan Officer
2000 miles and 3 months later, no issues, no bugs or concerns. Everything is behaving perfectly. I've also had several Jeeps so I didn't have extremely high expectations.. . but it's been great.

Sponsored

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
2 months, nearly 2,000 miles here.

Never had issues with wind noise or steering, actually - so no complaints there.

Minor things:
-My Uconnect displays an error message on startup that you have to click away from, but otherwise operates fine
-I'm frustrated by the soft top delay and general lack of 3rd-party stuff at the moment
-I scuffed the back of my tailgate while taking my hardtop off, but eh... this thing is going to get worse while offroad, but you know how it goes with new vehicles when you get that first scratch or chip or whatever, it's like the end of the world until you realize it's just life and it happens lol

Everything else is just awesome. Been doorless and topless in this nice stretch of weather we've been having, mpg is right around 20, and I'm just having a blast.

My advice is to not stop reading forums, but to just read them while keeping things in perspective and not submitting to mob mentality. Forums are a tiny, tiny fraction of a total population and are in no way representative as they tend to attract mostly enthusiasts and those with an ax to grind. For every dozen really terrible mishaps and occurrences people report on this forum, there are thousands if not tens of thousands of people who haven't had big issues with their jeeps. Recall rules and regulations are really strict these days; if something truly dangerous does crop up, the company will handle it no matter what forum nay-sayers want to think.

klrkeith

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Jl Unlimited Sport
2900 on JLU Sport S, manual trans, softtop (basic version). Love the jeep! No complaints, no problems, just smiles every time I start it up. It is my DD, and so far I could not be happier. Summer is here and the top is down most of the time.
Sponsored