USC Traveler

First Name
AR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Hey Guys,
We’re looking into doing some camping and trails in Death Valley in the near future and wanted to know what site or app you use to find boondocking sites that others have reviewed.

I’ve been using iOverlander and it’s been great but curious if there’s others out there.

thanks! ✌
Amy
Sponsored

Beetle Bailey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, HD Dyna, HD Softail
Hey Guys,
We’re looking into doing some camping and trails in Death Valley in the near future and wanted to know what site or app you use to find boondocking sites that others have reviewed.

I’ve been using iOverlander and it’s been great but curious if there’s others out there.

thanks! ✌
Amy
Try Gaia and Trails off road...Welcome to the forum!

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

welcome welcome. We did a trip at the end of October and it was amazing. I tend to use Gaia for my off-road stuff. i also used death valley map and talked with rangers. bigger trips like we did took awhile to plan out. I use YouTube and Instagram typical to find new camping areas but dont be scared to do some good exploring with out those as well

johnnyj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless but still a fan.
In my experience a great method, and a bit of the fun, is heading out to the general area for a day-explore. I like to haunt the forest roads in the North Cascades for example, as it's doable inside one day from my house. I bring some coffee, lunch, maybe a beer or three and some of the guns I haven't shot in awhile and just go drive. A lot of the time it's seeing where the snow is, or how the roads are, and aimless wandering. Every now and again, though, I come across those great little unmarked/unofficial camp sites that ya gotta know about to know about.

I highly encourage, in addition to the apps, fillin up the JL and headin out for some splorin'

Sponsored

Deleted member 59098

Speaking of boondocking Death Valley in December, is it possible to camp on BLM land under the stay at home order? I see Death Valley has no camping now.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Speaking of boondocking Death Valley in December, is it possible to camp on BLM land under the stay at home order? I see Death Valley has no camping now.
BLM yes, state and national parks are hit or miss, sometimes (only sometimes and usually outdated) you can get info on their websites. I'm avoiding state and national parks until the stupidity has ended.
Sponsored