Sponsored

SiriusXM Guardian new Wrangler

• Thread starter Deleted member 59498
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1

Deleted member 59498

Anyone else find this price to be a bit ridiculous? I will take my first year then doubt I will pay 258 dollars for something my keyfob can do. Doesn't even include the Wifi have to pay ATT for that. Didn't even bother to look at the cost of it.

Jeep Wrangler JL SiriusXM Guardian new Wrangler Screenshot 2022-02-20 162724
Sponsored

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
Your fob cannot do everything the Guardian service can do. I used the service when I had my free 1-yr startup subscription for starting my Jeep when I would be getting off work in 10-15 minutes and I was 1/4 mile away to de-ice the windshield in the winter months. Sometimes, I would also research a destination on my phone and send it to uConnect so I'd be ready to go when I got in the vehicle.

It was convenient but I didn't think those few things were worth what they wanted to charge me after the free subscription ran out so I did not renew.

OP
OP

Deleted member 59498

Ah yeah I could see things like that being useful. But yeah man seems expensive. You know I didn't even look up to see if I had the SOS button on my new Rubicon haha. Suppose I should look.

Coronado

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
SiriusXM Guardian is wayyyy too expensive; the App interface is a lousy and lazy design offering only minimal vehicle data; and the glacial slowness of it -
yeah, NO.

Marlon_JB2

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR, 2014 Dodge Dart GT
Occupation
Jeep Builder
$259, IMO, is a drop in the bucket and an excellent value for what it offers. It's super convenient for those that can't stand temperature extremes. Here in Michigan, a -13°F January day or a 103°F June/July/August day is not uncommon. I can just start the Jeep 10 minutes before the end of my shift, from my work desktop, and be totally comfortable during the commute home.

Maybe I'm the target. Who knows.

OP
OP

Deleted member 59498

Yeah I could see some wanting it for those reasons. Its kind of clumsy app though for locking etc. Seems to take a bit to connect. Obviously FCA knows what people will pay more than I do, but not for me.
Sponsored