Sponsored

SiriusXM Guardian™ subscription???

Durango

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2019 Ram 1500 Quadcab 4X4, 2018 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 Charger SRT, 2018 American Dream, 2017 Ram 1500 Reg Cab 4X4, 2020 Redwood 3951MB, 2019 Mercedes 4WD Van
I know it has nothing to do with Jeep, as SiriusXm has nothing to do with Jeep except they offer it. I always sign my posts with...Go Jeep!!!
Someone said "never give them a credit card" that's for sure! Same with SiruisXm radio they too will auto bill! You sure don't wanna pay their auto bill price! Just have fun arguing with them if you want Serius for a way cheaper price!! lol

Go Jeep!!!
Ha! Not knowing individual "traditions", I missed that that was your sign-off! Thanks for clarifying.
I never give them a card for the music service, but even after going up the chain, I cannot get them to do the Guardian unless I give them a card. But other than this recent offer on one of my vehicles, their service hasn't been worth the over-two-hundred-bucks-a-year they want per vehicle.

As for the music - I recently got them to put all my vehicles on one account, and got those all at $60 per year each paying prorated amounts to get them all due at the same time. I'm sure there's others who have gotten even better deals, but I was OK with that.
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
FCA offers Guardian free for 12 months. After 12 free months it gets expensive. The retail renew for Guardian is crazy. It's something like $25 month! They offered a discounted price of $10 per month for 6 month just as my trial subscription was about to expire. $10 a month is still way too expensive compared to other "like" services from other car brands.

Subaru has Starlink which does everything Guardian does. Subaru only charges $75 for 36 months for Starlink when you buy it with your new car. That's like $2 a month!

As far as I am concerned all these companies should be paying us or giving the service for free. They track and mine our data for marketing purposes and who knows what else.

Greg H

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Just got a "Free til June first" offer from Guardian.

Go Jeep!!!
I got a 3 month free offer from them about a month ago. No credit card required. Said it would automatically end in 90 days unless I renew it. I activated it. Locked and unlocked the doors with it to see if it worked. It did. But I haven't used it since.

Punkindave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0 Turbo Bluebicon, 2020 JLUR 2.0 Turbo (Wife's)
Occupation
ITS Project Manager
FCA offers Guardian free for 12 months. After 12 free months it gets expensive. The retail renew for Guardian is crazy. It's something like $25 month! They offered a discounted price of $10 per month for 6 month just as my trial subscription was about to expire. $10 a month is still way too expensive compared to other "like" services from other car brands.

Subaru has Starlink which does everything Guardian does. Subaru only charges $75 for 36 months for Starlink when you buy it with your new car. That's like $2 a month!

As far as I am concerned all these companies should be paying us or giving the service for free. They track and mine our data for marketing purposes and who knows what else.
Exactly!
Add to that the fact that some features have been less than reliable and it's not worth paying for at all.

I had my first JLUR on my app that was bought back by FCA. I was able to track its location and was alerted to the continuing errors once it was resold 1500mi away. Could not find out how remove it. Thankfully it expired but I'm still getting renewals but with (I'm assuming) the new owner's name..

Durango

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2019 Ram 1500 Quadcab 4X4, 2018 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 Charger SRT, 2018 American Dream, 2017 Ram 1500 Reg Cab 4X4, 2020 Redwood 3951MB, 2019 Mercedes 4WD Van
Exactly!
Add to that the fact that some features have been less than reliable and it's not worth paying for at all.
I had my first JLUR on my app that was bought back by FCA. I was able to track its location and was alerted to the continuing errors once it was resold 1500mi away. Could not find out how remove it. Thankfully it expired but I'm still getting renewals but with (I'm assuming) the new owner's name..
I too have had vehicles formerly owned by me that I could still track even after someone else bought it! Crazy. I called multiple times to try and get them removed, and only after I pointed out it wouldn't go over too well if I started one remotely right when whenever who owned one had their hand in the engine compartment. Then within a week's time they got rid of the ones (2) I no longer owned.

Uconnect (FCA's contracted service similar to Guardian) was much more reliable, and cost a hundred bucks less a year. Too bad FCA decided to outsource this service to Sirius - worse service for more money!
I called them (Sirius Guardian) the other day to point out I will have my sixth vehicle with Guardian soon, and will not renew any when their trial period expires at the current rate. The rep said they'd pass that up the chain, and call me if they could get me a "volume discount" ("bundled rate") for that many vehicles - no call back yet. (and I ain't holding my breath)
What's weird is I got the free 3 mos extension on one of the three currently expired, but the other two have not had any such offers - rep couldn't tell me why that is either...

Sponsored

Bback58

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2 dr, 6 spd, 2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland automatic
Just got my new Jeep and was looking through some of the info on the Guardian service. I don't think I would pay $25 for the whole year, much less per month!! I don't know if the navigation is part of their service, but that would be the only part I would be interested in, and if it is, I will just go back to using my Garmin.

Quetzal

First Name
ERIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Teacher
Still have navigation after mine expired. Mostly just missed the remote app start feature.

302lockedandloaded

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Black
I could have swore there was an early post when the 2018 JLs came out including a post regarding the remote start feature on the uconnect app and @JeepCares chimed in stating that this should be a free feature not requiring a subscription. Weird how my work buddy has a Cherokee and can still start her car with the uconnect app on her phone without a subscription, but I cant....Just another useless gimmick promised and taken back.

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
I could have swore there was an early post when the 2018 JLs came out including a post regarding the remote start feature on the uconnect app and @JeepCares chimed in stating that this should be a free feature not requiring a subscription. Weird how my work buddy has a Cherokee and can still start her car with the uconnect app on her phone without a subscription, but I cant....Just another useless gimmick promised and taken back.
Still working on my 2017 F150 without any subscriptions. Don't know how similar the implementations are though.

Later,
Johnny

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Remote start is apart of the paid Uconnect features that comes with connected services. I apologize for the confusion.

Alison
JeepCares

Sponsored

overboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU(sold) 2021 JLURD
@JeepCares this is really sad. From what I can see to get remote start working you have to buy the top tier Guardian for $260 a year. Sure I paid $65K for a Wrangler, but I'm not a total idiot. Not worth it for an app that is limited and you have to wait 4 minutes to start your car, if it works. So pathetic from a manufacturer of budget friendly vehicles. Not trying to sound pretentious, but treat your customers with a little respect. I bought a $75K Volvo before this and thought it was pretty bad paying $100 year for this stuff, even though it was a much superior app/service, you would think that kind of thing would come with the purchase of the car. My sister just renewed her service for her 1 year old Sequoia and it was only $75 a year. This is the kind of thing that will ensure that this will be my final new Jeep purchase after 3 of them in 10 years. The dealership/service experience has been pathetic with all 3 and now this.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
@JeepCares this is really sad. From what I can see to get remote start working you have to buy the top tier Guardian for $260 a year. Sure I paid $65K for a Wrangler, but I'm not a total idiot. Not worth it for an app that is limited and you have to wait 4 minutes to start your car, if it works. So pathetic from a manufacturer of budget friendly vehicles. Not trying to sound pretentious, but treat your customers with a little respect. I bought a $75K Volvo before this and thought it was pretty bad paying $100 year for this stuff, even though it was a much superior app/service, you would think that kind of thing would come with the purchase of the car. My sister just renewed her service for her 1 year old Sequoia and it was only $75 a year. This is the kind of thing that will ensure that this will be my final new Jeep purchase after 3 of them in 10 years. The dealership/service experience has been pathetic with all 3 and now this.
That doesn't sound right ... we're sorry to hear about the concerns you've encountered while trying to utilize your remote start. We'd like to look into this for you. Please send our team a private message with your VIN and any additional details/documentation that will help me get a better understanding of your situation.

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares

XKPin

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Sport 2-door & 2011 Toyota Tacoma
No, I won't subscribe. I have never used any portion of the program for the year I owned the Wrangler.

OP
OP

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Ha ha, my subscription expired about a week (according to the email) I never noticed any difference, so I guess it does not meet my needs....

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Does anyone know how long the free trial for SiriusXM Travel Link is for?

I've really found no use for renewing the 6-month SiriusXM music trial or the 1-year Guardian trial, but I actually quite like being able to pull up a weather radar map at any time. Not sure if it's worth $2/month, but it's kinda handy when driving into a nasty storm.

Nm. Couldn't find the trial info in the manual, but it's listed on my window sticker. Music/radio is 6-month, Guardian is 1-year and both Travel Link and Traffic Plus are 5-year trials.
Sponsored