Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon 2 Door, 2.0l Turbo/Automatic
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Your SiriusXM Guardian™ subscription for your Jeep Wrangler will expire
To ensure there is no gap in your safety coverage and continue using remote services like Remote Vehicle Start, Remote Door Lock/Unlock, Vehicle Finder and Remote Horn & Lights, call us today to continue your subscription.*

Do you plan to renew your subscription?

Yes, why?
No, why?
No.

Originally, it was anticipated that SXM Guardian was going to support Uconnect Access for the Wrangler with the 8.4 infotainment system...I even recall someone posted a scan of a letter from FCA confirming this. That letter from FCA is the reason I upgraded to the 8.4.

SXM Guardian through Uconnect Access links to the Alexa app, which would broaden available info such as amount of fuel in the tank, % remaining on oil change, etc. via voice control, as well as the door locks, remote start, as well as inclusion in automation routines (so for example, one could have the Jeep remote start automatically 10 minutes before departure for work). I would pay for SXM Guardian for this capability, even as slow as SXM Guardian/Uconnect execute.

Unfortunately, FCA has backed out on this and won't be supporting the Wrangler, per my understanding (if someone has heard differently, please post a correction!). I inquired, both through a survey and through customer service, and FCA confirmed it would not be offered for Wrangler (but they wouldn't refund my money for the upgraded infotainment system--of course, I knew they wouldn't, but hey, I certainly had nothing to lose asking for it).
Sponsored

Axlenut

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
I noticed their are two apps. One is just Uconnect / Blue icon ( This has all the features once you tap on the info tab ). The other app is the Uconnect SXM guardian / White icon. This app only has start stop unlock features.
Thanks!!!

That ap is much better!

Interesting though, they can’t agree on the tire pressure between Jeep owners site and the blue ap

83275217-20C0-4D19-945B-B85D192DA6A6.jpeg

72D88A30-12DA-48F6-BE81-55E34F3E96AE.jpeg

Greg H

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Thanks!!!

That ap is much better!

Interesting though, they can’t agree on the tire pressure between Jeep owners site and the blue ap

Does either one match what is shown on the dash?

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Thanks!!!

That ap is much better!

The tire-pressure data in the Uconnect app updates periodically (in my experience at least once per day). The data on the Mopar website only updates about once per month (along with vehicle health report).

Sponsored

Stingrey

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JTR & 2015 RR
Occupation
Civil Eng.
Thanks!!!

That ap is much better!

If either of those are correct, and you're in a cold winter climate like Minnesota, it's possibly too high of a cold tire pressure. Mine are at 2.15bar (31psi) cold and will jump to 2.4bar (35psi) warmed up on the highway. 31/32 psi cold.

Al13

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
It does in fact require cell coverage! Discovering that fact was the moment when I made up my mind the service was not for me.
The only part I like is the ability to know where your Jeep is at anytime but that service is not worth the cost. I tried the unlock and it was too slow especially compared to my key fob.

Al13

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
The Guardian services are $19.95 per month. But a week after my trial expired I got an email offering $10 per month for 12 months if I'd renew. I didn't. I feel the remote control features should be free like they are with OnStar on GM vehicles. But the OnStar remote features work a lot faster and are more reliable.
My Chevy Tahoe, which has retired, used satellite to connect to OnStar. I did renew after the free period ended as I could call and have them send a route to my vehicle if I didn’t have time to do so myself.

MikeLewisMusic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon 2 Door, 2.0l Turbo/Automatic
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
No.

Originally, it was anticipated that SXM Guardian was going to support Uconnect Access for the Wrangler with the 8.4 infotainment system...I even recall someone posted a scan of a letter from FCA confirming this. That letter from FCA is the reason I upgraded to the 8.4.

SXM Guardian through Uconnect Access links to the Alexa app, which would broaden available info such as amount of fuel in the tank, % remaining on oil change, etc. via voice control, as well as the door locks, remote start, as well as inclusion in automation routines (so for example, one could have the Jeep remote start automatically 10 minutes before departure for work). I would pay for SXM Guardian for this capability, even as slow as SXM Guardian/Uconnect execute.

Unfortunately, FCA has backed out on this and won't be supporting the Wrangler, per my understanding (if someone has heard differently, please post a correction!). I inquired, both through a survey and through customer service, and FCA confirmed it would not be offered for Wrangler (but they wouldn't refund my money for the upgraded infotainment system--of course, I knew they wouldn't, but hey, I certainly had nothing to lose asking for it).
Interestingly, tonight as of 10:19 pm I received an email announcing a new Jeep skill for Alexa that ties Amazon Echo devices to my Jeep. I authorized the skill and tested it with a verbal command to start my car. It took about 35 seconds, but the car started. I have not yet tested the ability to execute this through routines, but this does bring forth significant added value for the SXM Guardian account. It is almost like they were reading my post...;)

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Okay I just got off the phone with Sirius, they've been calling me for the past 3 days I want to say. So I got all access and told them I wanted it for $60 for the whole year and it came to a total of $72 that includes all fees and taxes. And after the year it will be like $15 a month I just have to cancel before my year ends so I dont get charged anything and hopefully I can renegotiate then for the same price.

Sponsored

StrikeZ

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I just got charged $25 for a month service for a Jeep I traded in. I called and they said I need to provide, in writing, proof of disposal of the vehicle. So I could of messed with whomever purchased my used Jeep by starting it up or beeping the horns in the middle of the night.

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Packages start as low as $12.99 a month
Does anyone know how to get them to stop sending a new offer letter every 7 to 10 days? I contacted them to stop when they were sending every 10 - 15 days, now they have increased the frequency - no pun intended.

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I just got charged $25 for a month service for a Jeep I traded in. I called and they said I need to provide, in writing, proof of disposal of the vehicle. So I could of messed with whomever purchased my used Jeep by starting it up or beeping the horns in the middle of the night.
This is reason #321 why I won't subscribe to SeriouslyXM after the trial is over. I've heard AOL dial up subscription type nightmares trying to cancel it once they get your credit card number.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I have a question, If my Jeep were stolen via flatbed truck. Could I locate it with Guardian? This would probably make it worth it. (Live in NYC)

jhmartin

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Clubs

I'd pay $2/mo to have the feature available 'just in case' but the weather here isn't bad enough to justify that kind of expense otherwise. I've used it once or twice when I got to work and couldn't remember if I'd locked the doors.
Sponsored