Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLRU Bright White
I did. I don’t.
I’m glad that you enjoy it.
are you actually paying $22/month?
No. $8 per month. Pre-paid the entire year. Gets me the service in the wife's van and my iPhone.
Sponsored

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Yeah I thought the same thing, but then when the trial was expiring a month ago, I was able to re-up for $5 a month. Since having Sirius, I think I have used actual radio maybe 4 times in a year, and then only briefly, and that was probably just to listen to NPR so...mah
SiriusXM has the NPR channel too!

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
No. $8 per month. Pre-paid the entire year. Gets me the service in the wife's van and my iPhone.
So,

some folks on this thread say that they are paying $5 per month. You are paying $8/month (Prepaid). My offer from them is $22/month (recurring after 3 “free” months).

I don’t understand this company or it’s pricing policies. I’ll just stick with Amazon Prime music for “free”. Since you like Sirius, you may wish to call them and ask them why they are charging you $36 more per year than others despite you prepaying a year in advance.

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport (2 door)
I've had Sirius or XM with the best of Siruis package for years. I listen to Stern in the AM, and NF: radio/music in the afternoon. I wouildn't pay $22 a month for it though and once Stern retires I might cancel.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I've had Sirius or XM with the best of Siruis package for years. I listen to Stern in the AM, and NF: radio/music in the afternoon. I wouildn't pay $22 a month for it though and once Stern retires I might cancel.
What do you pay now? Is it $5? $8? More? Less?

Sponsored

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport (2 door)
What do you pay now? Is it $5? $8? More? Less?
My last car had XM with the best of sirius package which was extra. I think it was $12 of month. I got the tech package with my new Jeep, so I get 1 year free trial.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
My last car had XM with the best of sirius package which was extra. I think it was $12 of month. I got the tech package with my new Jeep, so I get 1 year free trial.
$5, $8, $12, $22. Take your pick.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
EVERYONE gets 1-year free SiriusXM trial with the purchase of an FCA vehicle.

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Past - '13 JKU, '97 TJ, '93 YJ
If you stay on the phone and keep telling them that the price is too high the best you will do is around $5 a month. I think that is where it bottoms out. Been like this for years now. Not the ideal business model, but judging by the comments here it seems to be working for them.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Wrong.
My 2021 Gladiator came with 6 months.
Pfff...!

It’s been 12-month free trial for the past 15 years.

FCA must be losing money on each Gladiaror... :LOL:

tts42572

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Agree. I finally cancelled my Sirius recently on my last vehicle. I really only listen to one channel and just not worth what I pay. I was on the mostly music plan for $10 a month and they tried cutting it down to $4.99 a month for the next 6 months and then it would revert to $20 a month.

They basically just want to reel you in with a deal, hope you forget about it and charge you more down the road.

I told the guy if he could lock in the $4.99 price for life I would sign on. He obviously said he couldn't do that as it was only an introductory offer. He said I could keep calling back every 6 months though and keep getting deals.

I told him to tell his supervisors that's pretty poor business and I'd got elsewhere.

I decided to go with Spotify premium for $9.99 a month and can listen to basically anything I want to whenever I want. Have used that more in the past couple months than I listened to Sirius in the past couple years.

If you stay on the phone and keep telling them that the price is too high the best you will do is around $5 a month. I think that is where it bottoms out. Been like this for years now. Not the ideal business model, but judging by the comments here it seems to be working for them.

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
We paid $400 for a lifetime Sirius subscription back around 2010 in my wife's PT Cruiser. Since then, she's had it transferred to her JK and now her JLU.

Thus, her current rate is $3.33/mo and dropping as the years go on.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Agree. I finally cancelled my Sirius recently on my last vehicle. I really only listen to one channel and just not worth what I pay. I was on the mostly music plan for $10 a month and they tried cutting it down to $4.99 a month for the next 6 months and then it would revert to $20 a month.

They basically just want to reel you in with a deal, hope you forget about it and charge you more down the road.

I told the guy if he could lock in the $4.99 price for life I would sign on. He obviously said he couldn't do that as it was only an introductory offer. He said I could keep calling back every 6 months though and keep getting deals.

I told him to tell his supervisors that's pretty poor business and I'd got elsewhere.

I decided to go with Spotify premium for $9.99 a month and can listen to basically anything I want to whenever I want. Have used that more in the past couple months than I listened to Sirius in the past couple years.
Same here. I got Pandora’s mid-level Service for $60/year. No need to call India; no need to argue with anybody.

I can stream Pandora anywhere, in either of my two vehicles, at home, on my phone, on my iPad, on my computer, on my smart TV. The sound quality is superior, I can create my own radio stations, skip songs, replay songs, listen to podcasts, etc.

Satellite radio is so year 2000...
Sponsored