Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
The last time I had a Sirius promotion, I spent 1.5 hours on the phone with them to cancel. After these hours of negotiation they offered the promotional rate again. I said no thanks, I'm not going to go through this every time it expires.
Pandora, Spotify, USB music is the way to go.

McGilli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited Altitude
2 days after I bought my Wrangler (2 months ago) I started getting phone calls from a number I did not recognize. I didn't answer it. It would call every 3 days or so...

2 weeks later phone rings, I didn't look and answer it just as I see it's that number again.

It's Sirius.

They say Hi, we see you just started a 1 year trial of Sirius XM radio. (the traffic etc is for 5 years).

They say - we can give you a deal right now! When your 1 year ends - you can have an additional 6 months for $5/month.

Now personally - I had never listened to Satellite radio in my life before getting the Wrangler. And in those 2 weeks I used it before talking to them - I loved it - and so did my daughter. I can never go back to commercial filled AM/FM radio again.

Regardless - I would have honestly paid more per month for it (I din't say this) but I just said yes. They said (and the paperwork I got) says after THAT 6 months ends (after the 1st year lol) I will have to call in to renew my subscription.

But I know they will phone me first :CWL:

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
What is this “radio” of which you all speak? Is that a method of consuming music? See below for how I rank all this shit:

Hand-picked MP3s from my 20k+ song library on my computer, transferred to my phone

Spotify Premium

Paid Pandora

YouTube

Free Pandora

(You can’t be) Sirius (they charge money for this?) XM

Regular radio

Nohair989

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport
My wife has SiriusXM in her truck and we recently upgraded to the "all access" so I can listen through the app on my phone. I'm hearing a lot of people here don't care for it, and that's cool, but it does have some nice features for $5/month.
The music catagories are extensive. As a child of the 80s, I spend most of my listening time tuned into channel 39. If you're not familiar with channel 39, pull out your spandex and Aquanet. Maybe you'll be lucky enough to catch some Britny Fox! But the sports channels are truly great. There's nothing like listening to the home feed of your favorite team when you don't live in the market anymore. Uecker called every home Milwaukee Brewers game this last season, and if you've never listened to him call a game, you're missing out.
My point to all this is that while the service may not be important to all, there certainly is a market for it. And believe me, I've pissed away much more than $5 a month for nothing at all. Peace out!

Sponsored

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I get the $5-ish a month plan too and it now includes the streaming app access. Used to have to call every six months but last time I was able to do it for a year. For me it's well worth the price for the variety, access almost anywhere, and no commercials.

When I call I just tell them I want to renew the same $5 plan I have and it's not been that difficult. Will never, ever listen to FM radio with all the commercials. If I'm not in the mood for Sirius then I can stream whatever else I want off my phone.

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
I get the $5-ish a month plan too and it now includes the streaming app access. Used to have to call every six months but last time I was able to do it for a year. For me it's well worth the price for the variety, access almost anywhere, and no commercials.

When I call I just tell them I want to renew the same $5 plan I have and it's not been that difficult. Will never, ever listen to FM radio with all the commercials. If I'm not in the mood for Sirius then I can stream whatever else I want off my phone.
I like mine too. When my 3 months ran out I waited around for awhile, and got an offer for I think $5.95 so I signed up. I think it is worthwhile for me for road trips. I had planned to cancel it for the winter months when I'm not driving much but maybe I'll pay for a couple of months rather than fight with them.

I wasn't interested in listening on any other device- I have free spotify that I listen too occasionally on my computer while working.

stevepoz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Firecracker Red JLUR
I have been and still am a Spotify fan. That being said, I am really enjoying the Sirius service on my JLUR and will probably keep it. I listen to Red,white and Booze channel. i will have to listen to 39 per a prior suggestion

Tank the Jeep

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
On Sirius I listen to 3 to 4 channels. Just not many choices per genre and I don’t switch genres much. I listen to I hear radio. Punch in favorite artist and they play similar artist. Plus it’s free.

Sponsored

gregus73

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0, 2021 Suburban Z71
Occupation
Stuff
I pay for all access in my truck. $60.00 per year.

Then just use the SiriusXM app on my iPhone and stream. Connect my phone to my JL and my wife does the same in her car. We then do the same at home with our Bose sound bar, laptops, and Bose soundlink.

For Spotify used up the free 6 months from Xbox, cancelled. Now on to the free 6 months of Spotify from ATT.

Also stream music from my Plex server.

Last edited:

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I let my trial Sirius XM expire. But I have been receiving some “offers” from Sirius To “come back’.

$2.00 fee then 3 “free“ months followed by $21.99/month. ummmmmm, no .

Offer below. BOLD text is their work, not mine. Not a company I wish to deal with. I just downloaded 27 hours of playlists on Amazon music (“free” to prime members) for ‘free’ that I can listen to whenever I wish and stream via Bluetooth.

‘OFFER DETAILS: Activate an All Access subscription and pay $2 processing fee plus tax for your first 3 months. A credit card is required for this offer. Service will automatically renew thereafter every month and, at the beginning of your fourth month, you will be charged at the then-current rates (currently $21.99/month). Fees and taxes apply. Please see our Customer Agreement at www.siriusxm.com for complete terms and how to cancel, which includes calling us at.........’

Air Uncle P

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLRU Bright White
If you really explore all the content on Sirius XM you will understand how great it is for all members of the family. It is excruciating listening to commercials on standard radio after having Sirius XM.

MEHillwalker80

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S JL 2 DR 1999 Chevy Suburban K1500
When I installed the RhinoRack-3 on my JL I didn't bother to move the Satellite antenna and was unable to successfully pick up Sirius and I don't care. I just wish I could remove the Sirius option from my radio. Maybe I'm weird, but I rarely listen to the radio in my Jeep. I find that it conflicts with the voices in my head.