Sponsored

Sirius trial running out...

AdamB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU Sahara 4Xe (2024)
So my SiriusXM trial was running out on my 18 JLU sport. So seemed like the only reasonable thing to do was to renew the trial... SiriusXM listener care said I can’t renew the subscription as a trial so I said... “challenge accepted!!”

cut to my new 2020 JLUR!! “Renewed” my 1 year trial!
I showed you Sirius!! :handsinair:
Sponsored

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
So my SiriusXM trial was running out on my 18 JLU sport. So seemed like the only reasonable thing to do was to renew the trial... SiriusXM listener care said I can’t renew the subscription as a trial so I said... “challenge accepted!!”

cut to my new 2020 JLUR!! “Renewed” my 1 year trial!
I showed you Sirius!! :handsinair:

you can negotiate with XM I got an additional 6 month extension at no cost

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
so, with the cheaper negotiated prices like $5 / month for a year is app access still included?
thats a deal breaker for me if it isn't

Sponsored

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
Most expensive renewal ever!
Maybe... But this just might work.
I think I might be able to convince my wife that this is truly free, especially if I can push out the first payment for a month.
This is a scathingly brilliant marketing ploy. And even if she she figures out this is irrational reasoning and says NO to a new Jeep, I can use this example for whenever she wants to go furniture shopping.

JL Fan

First Name
JL Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
ZERO interest in Sirius. I let my “intro period” expire. Now I get daily offers in the mail...price keeps going down, too. $7 or $8 bucks for 6 months then renews are regular rates. Not paying for radio. Sirius is junk.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Did you have to give them a credit card number?

I learned the hard way that once they get hold of your credit card you are totally screwed. At the end of the period you will need to fight tooth and nail to get them to stop charging your card. They put their stupidest reps to handle cancellations, too.

I won’t give Sirius one penny any more.

JL Fan

First Name
JL Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you have to give them a credit card number?

I learned the hard way that once they get hold of your credit card you are totally screwed. At the end of the period you will need to fight tooth and nail to get them to stop charging your card. They put their stupidest reps to handle cancellations, too.

I won’t give Sirius one penny any more.
I learned that the hard way too...once they’ve got your CC#, it is impossible to get through to them to cancel. Sirius is crap.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I learned that the hard way too...once they’ve got your CC#, it is impossible to get through to them to cancel. Sirius is crap.
With Sirius, all you have to say is that you want them to bill you and for them to waive the $2.00 .... waive the billing fee, because it is against the law in your State to charge a billing fee.

The nitwits never question that, and waive the billing fee every time.

Now, you go to their website and your account there, and pay with a CC. Just be sure to select charge to CC, one time only option there..

I never pay more then $5.00/month for Sirius XM. You just have to play that little game with them..

Sponsored

JL Fan

First Name
JL Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thi
With Sirius, all you have to say is that you want them to bill you and for them to waive the $2.00 .... waive the billing fee, because it is against the law in your State to charge a billing fee.

The nitwits never question that, and waive the billing fee every time.

Now, you go to their website and your account there, and pay with a CC. Just be sure to select charge to CC, one time only option there..

I never pay more then $5.00/month for Sirius XM. You just have to play that little game with them..
Great info. Thanks for sharing. Now I have to decide if I want to play that game at all...

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
If I let the “Trial” expire, does the satellite map info also expire? (I.e. I can’t use the satellite mapping in the Jeep?)

Shaved Ice

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
The traffic and weather were a five year trial for me. At least that is what my Sirius account says online. The map data works regardless of subscription, just not traffic. I just use CarPlay: much better.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
The traffic and weather were a five year trial for me. At least that is what my Sirius account says online. The map data works regardless of subscription, just not traffic. I just use CarPlay: much better.
Me too..... when in the city.... in the mountains, there are spots when I have no cell data but the satellite map works....

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Yup,

Google Maps running through Apple CarPlay or Android Auto, is the way to go for Satellite Imagery with the JL.

Google Maps, saved, offline Maps is something I rely on.
Sponsored