Sponsored

Simple Pac SNI-35 line output converter or need more?

Artvandelay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Who here knows audio? I have a 2020 Rubi w the 7” screen, if it’s non Alpine it’s non amplified right? I want to replace all the speakers, do a sub and amplify everything. I want to do 6 1/2’s instead of the 4”ers with the pictured adapters. Big question is signal...with the new JL Jeeps, can I get away with just using a simple Pac SNI-35 line output converter or do I have to get something more involved or spend a ton on a Dsp amplifier?
I thought about just changing the head unit out but I don’t want to lose functionality like my back up cam and stuff. Who’s done a system, and what route have you went? Thanks
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Non Alpine is not amplified. The PAC SNI-35 should work just fine.

OP
OP

Artvandelay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I’d like that to be true but I’ve been told otherwise by the shop. They’re pretty reputable here but then again they don’t work on many of these. How sure are you? Is it just a matter of it’ll just work for the sub because it’ll hide noise? Is it not good enough for the other speakers because you’d hear the interference / noise etc?
I was told locally if I use a line converter it will not work with the Jeeps BCM's computer and the system can back feed, have horrible noise, and sometimes the system won't even turn on because it has the DSP system to cancel out noise in the vehicle.

They said since I have the mics in the ceiling by the speakers I have the DSP and that some guys have bypassed it and like to brag in the forums that they got it to work but they don’t tell you they lose a lot of functions like the Bluetooth doesn't work anymore amongst other things.

How accurate is this?

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I’d like that to be true but I’ve been told otherwise by the shop. They’re pretty reputable here but then again they don’t work on many of these. How sure are you? Is it just a matter of it’ll just work for the sub because it’ll hide noise? Is it not good enough for the other speakers because you’d hear the interference / noise etc?
I was told locally if I use a line converter it will not work with the Jeeps BCM's computer and the system can back feed, have horrible noise, and sometimes the system won't even turn on because it has the DSP system to cancel out noise in the vehicle.

They said since I have the mics in the ceiling by the speakers I have the DSP and that some guys have bypassed it and like to brag in the forums that they got it to work but they don’t tell you they lose a lot of functions like the Bluetooth doesn't work anymore amongst other things.

How accurate is this?
The base system has no DSP and I don't believe the Alpine does either. What mics by the speakers are you referring to? There's only one mic for the Uconnect system for voice commands and phone calls and it is located above/by the rear view mirror. There are plenty of people on here who have used line out converters to get signal to their amps. Your audio shop is feeding you a bunch of nonsense.

OP
OP

Artvandelay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
The base system has no DSP and I don't believe the Alpine does either. What mics by the speakers are you referring to? There's only one mic for the Uconnect system for voice commands and phone calls and it is located above/by the rear view mirror. There are plenty of people on here who have used line out converters to get signal to their amps. Your audio shop is feeding you a bunch of nonsense.
Thanks for the comment! These are what I was talking about. And as far as an Sni-35, I’ve been doing some more reading and I heard that’s only good for a subwoofer, that if you want to replace all the speakers, you have to have something like a PAC Ap4ch41 r.2 so it doesn’t sound like crap.
upload_2020-4-14_2-42-21.jpeg
Sponsored