Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
6D7F4DCC-D175-4704-AD1A-5E9B9A9C497C.jpeg

Gladiator but will give you an idea of the color (copied from Gladiator forum)
Wow that actually looks better than I thought it would. On the Grand Cherokees it just looks blah.

And if you hadn't told me I would have guessed that this is Earl Gray.
Sponsored

NChap89

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Didn't take long for the "I don't like a certain color" folks to come troll this thread. Guess I'll head over to the other color threads and provide my unsolicited opinion. /s
A. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. It's a forum. It happens. And opinions sometimes help people make a decision by looking at something from someone else's point of view.

B. No one is trolling. Know the definition before throwing that around. Trolling is bullying or making derogatory comments with the intent of getting people pissed or upset. If someone gets mad or upset because someone else said they don't like a specific color, then they have more deep rooted issues.

NChap89

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
A. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. It's a forum. It happens. And opinions sometimes help people make a decision by looking at something from someone else's point of view.

B. No one is trolling. Know the definition before throwing that around. Trolling is bullying or making derogatory comments with the intent of getting people pissed or upset. If someone gets mad or upset because someone else said they don't like a specific color, then they have more deep rooted issues.
Appreciate your input and I generally agree with your thoughts. It was my understanding that these unofficial "color" threads were for those whom appreciated or owned a particular color JL/JLU, thus giving them a place to showoff said color. Maybe that wasn't the purpose of this thread and it was OP seeking feedback... who knows?

That said, trolling usually starts with some little jabs that escalate into stupidity. I see it on a lot of forums. Solid example being the Dodge Viper forums as possibly the most toxic forums I've been on. Miss my gen 2 but good lord the trolls on those forums were annoying. Just trying to nip it early before it turns into trash talking for the sake of being internet tough. These color threads have been huge in helping buying decisions for old and new members, especially when they are filled with good content and not people adding useless commentary... much like my post is now so I'll shut up. haha

And btw, Nacho is a badass color!

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Appreciate your input and I generally agree with your thoughts. It was my understanding that these unofficial "color" threads were for those whom appreciated or owned a particular color JL/JLU, thus giving them a place to showoff said color. Maybe that wasn't the purpose of this thread and it was OP seeking feedback... who knows?

That said, trolling usually starts with some little jabs that escalate into stupidity. I see it on a lot of forums. Solid example being the Dodge Viper forums as possibly the most toxic forums I've been on. Miss my gen 2 but good lord the trolls on those forums were annoying. Just trying to nip it early before it turns into trash talking for the sake of being internet tough. These color threads have been huge in helping buying decisions for old and new members, especially when they are filled with good content and not people adding useless commentary... much like my post is now so I'll shut up. haha

And btw, Nacho is a badass color!

I see your point. But I can't see anyone getting upset over an opinion about a color they were thinking of getting. Now if someone attacked an owners particular Jeep that would be a different story. i.e. Your Jeep looks like chit.

I've been on forums for the better part of 20 years. Trolls exist in all of them. And many turn toxic because of it and lack of moderation. But nothing is worse than Facebook groups. Those are the most toxic environments filled with immature man boy keyboard warriors. It's almost a gang mentality at times. One person picks at another and then a bunch of others join in and gang up on them.

Sorry to the OP for the thread derail.

And thanks for the Nacho compliment. I love it!!!

Sponsored

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
The kids wanted a blue wrangler but I liked ocean versus the new hydro, may steal some blue accents from the 4xe or bronze from the 392 :devil:. I think I'm going to have to hold up some color swatches once it comes in, but I went paint match roof and fenders to keep the black on silver theme down. My wheel choices are bleak if I want to keep weight down, black, silver, or Method's version of bronze. Worst case I can always wrap it, which goes against my usual life philosophy :LOL: (I had to).
Blue and silver sound purrrdy! đź’™! Are you going to name your jeep? Bc that might make you lean towards one color...

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
I am really excited for this thing to arrive, perfect union of white and silver.

Gmot123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Billet Silver
I was dropping my Billet Silver Sahara off at the dealer today for service, and there was a Silver Zynyth Grand Cherokee L sitting right in front. That’s my Wrangler in the background. No mystery here, as what I saw seems to back up what the common wisdom is. The Silver Zynyth is more of a whitish silver, while the Billet seems to be a bit darker. I would think you can get a sense of that in the photo.

C9B7F131-64A3-420E-B78F-BFF05CA25BB6.jpeg

Sponsored

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler High Altitude
Hmmm. Wonder why no red dash
I was dropping my Billet Silver Sahara off at the dealer today for service, and there was a Silver Zynyth Grand Cherokee L sitting right in front. That’s my Wrangler in the background. No mystery here, as what I saw seems to back up what the common wisdom is. The Silver Zynyth is more of a whitish silver, while the Billet seems to be a bit darker. I would think you can get a sense of that in the photo.

Jeep Wrangler JL Silver zynith new color for 2022! C9B7F131-64A3-420E-B78F-BFF05CA25BB6
Thanks for the pic. I have been going to dealerships trying to do something similar but the vehicles have not been close enough to do so. I ordered the Silver Zynith but don’t know if I like it better than the Billet. At the end of the day, it appears the at Zynith will hide swirl marks and dirt better since it is lighter. I don’t think it looks horrible either but if I could have chosen, I might have went with the Billet.

Gmot123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Billet Silver
Thanks for the pic. I have been going to dealerships trying to do something similar but the vehicles have not been close enough to do so. I ordered the Silver Zynith but don’t know if I like it better than the Billet. At the end of the day, it appears the at Zynith will hide swirl marks and dirt better since it is lighter. I don’t think it looks horrible either but if I could have chosen, I might have went with the Billet.
Sure thing. AFAIK, Billet Silver is discontinued, so if you want silver, Zynyth it is…. My Sahara is a 2020.

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler High Altitude
Sure thing. AFAIK, Billet Silver is discontinued, so if you want silver, Zynyth it is…. My Sahara is a 2020.
That is what I saw as well. I ordered a 2022 and Silver Zynith was the only option. I’ll still like it but I think I would have preferred the Billett. I’m sure it will grow on me though.

staci

First Name
staci
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 392
Gonna more than likely order a new 2022 Rubicon JLU in the new "zynith silver" color but I would like to see some pics as soon as one arrives to a fellow member or member's on this board to see how close it is to the billet silver before I order one. Ty 👍🏼👍🏼olllllllo
I ordered a 392 XR in Silver Zynith. My old jeep was white and I wanted something different. I loved the new lighter silver option. :) Did you order one? When mine comes in I can send you some pics.

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
Keep in mind wheel color choice, fenders, top, etc. will play a role in how the color looks. Silver body with silver or machined wheels will generally appear lighter than the same body with gloss black wheels, for example.
Sponsored