Sponsored

Silly topic: whats everyones feelings towards mixing different bumper manufacturers?

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
Just as long as you don't mix black bumpers and white bumpers after Labor Day you'll be fine. Or maybe it was Memorial Day. I could never keep that rule straight. I wear black bumpers all year long. Black socks too. Even with sandals. Black socks and sandals, now there is a bold personal fashion statement.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Atom631

Atom631

First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Just buy LOD front and rear and don’t worry about it.
I actually really like the LOD signature series, but Im looking at aluminum for the weight savings.

As I mentioned, im down to genright or next Venture

I love the look of the genright front w/stinger and that I can fit a set of LED fogs on top. Plan is to get the ultra clearance version and mod it so that I dont have to cut the frame horns or remove the ESD. However, their rear seems kinda bulky looking. And I dont like that it automatically comes with holes for the sensors, which I dont have. Also, no option for flush mount LED cutouts. This is why I like the next venture rear - bc I can get it with no sensor holes and led cutouts. However, im not huge on their front and it doesnt look like theres room to mount fogs, unless you do them on the stinger or some sort of fairlead mount.

either way im ordering them raw and will have them powder coated locally to match. But still i cant get myself to pull the trigger on genright front and next venture rear, bc of this weird compulsion.

areuriding

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon XR
Mixing is a preference and I wouldn't bother asking others for they're opinion. I've seen plenty that are from different manufacturers front and rear that look great. Get what you like and be happy. That's like the debate about the XR and what it has and doesn't have and the extra cost being worth it or not.

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
So ive been searching months for the perfect pair of bumpers and ive determined no one manufacturer makes a pair that fits my needs and I love.

however for some dumb reason, my brain is telling me I cant mix bumpers.

I love the Genright front bumper and the NextVenture rear bumper, but I cant commit to pulling the trigger. Like im committing some sort of jeep faux-pas. 😂.

whats everyone think?
Mix is fine. I love my rock hard 4x4 aluminum front bumper, but i did not like the design of their rear bumper. (Great quality & beefy, just didnt like the shape)

i went with a different rear and have been happy for 2 years with the mix.

Battle Rattle

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 LJ, '19 JLUR 2.0, '20 JLR 3.6, '99 LC100
I actually really like the LOD signature series, but Im looking at aluminum for the weight savings.

As I mentioned, im down to genright or next Venture

I love the look of the genright front w/stinger and that I can fit a set of LED fogs on top. Plan is to get the ultra clearance version and mod it so that I dont have to cut the frame horns or remove the ESD. However, their rear seems kinda bulky looking. And I dont like that it automatically comes with holes for the sensors, which I dont have. Also, no option for flush mount LED cutouts. This is why I like the next venture rear - bc I can get it with no sensor holes and led cutouts. However, im not huge on their front and it doesnt look like theres room to mount fogs, unless you do them on the stinger or some sort of fairlead mount.

either way im ordering them raw and will have them powder coated locally to match. But still i cant get myself to pull the trigger on genright front and next venture rear, bc of this weird compulsion.
Go Next Venture Motorsports. I'm completely biased however as I'm their sales guy. The stuff does look perty good on my rig though.
Jeep Wrangler JL Silly topic: whats everyones feelings towards mixing different bumper manufacturers? UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_8fd7
Jeep Wrangler JL Silly topic: whats everyones feelings towards mixing different bumper manufacturers? K5qcLrG3RUevAmVY0icdNQ_thumb_8e1e

Sponsored

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
An advantage of buying bumpers in bare metal is you can worry about the match with powdercoat. So if you do want things to look similar, just get them coated at the same place with the same finish. Obviously it's all up to you, but you have options.

OP
OP
Atom631

Atom631

First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Go Next Venture Motorsports. I'm completely biased however as I'm their sales guy. The stuff does look perty good on my rig though.
Jeep Wrangler JL Silly topic: whats everyones feelings towards mixing different bumper manufacturers? K5qcLrG3RUevAmVY0icdNQ_thumb_8e1e
do you have anymore pics of your front? Maybe from looking at it above?

my issue with your bumper is there doesnt appear to be room for Fogs with the stinger. Im not looking to run anything large - I just want to run some top-mount Baja Design Squadron SAEs (3”) to replace my factory fogs. Im trying to determine if there is room between the outside edge and the stinger to mount them.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Your jeep your choice. We may joke a bit if it includes an angry grill or 20" spinners but all in fun

Battle Rattle

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 LJ, '19 JLUR 2.0, '20 JLR 3.6, '99 LC100
do you have anymore pics of your front? Maybe from looking at it above?

my issue with your bumper is there doesnt appear to be room for Fogs with the stinger. Im not looking to run anything large - I just want to run some top-mount Baja Design Squadron SAEs (3”) to replace my factory fogs. Im trying to determine if there is room between the outside edge and the stinger to mount them.
You've got right at 4 inches to work with.
Jeep Wrangler JL Silly topic: whats everyones feelings towards mixing different bumper manufacturers? IMG_3749

Sponsored

jmccorm

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineering
Bah! It isn't like your daytime running lights and turn signals in the front are going to match whatever you end up keeping or installing in the rear. The appearance is already asymmetrical to begin with.

At this point, go hog wild! Even to the point of CONTRASTING bumpers if you think it makes a statement... or if it just so happens to meet your own needs that way! 🙂🙃🙂

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Personally, I prefer the mopar steel front bumper. The steel bumper group made it onto my build sheet, even though I knew the cost could go further in the aftermarket and that I'd also be replacing the rear at some point before it had a chance to flex up and damage the body. I just like it's look, it can be stubbyed (yeah, not a word), it could easily be accessorized, and a winch could be mounted down low in it.

I ended up going with the Cavfab Ultra Clearance rear bumper because it's far stronger, provides shackle points, and is as low profile as it gets while still protecting the body. It doesn't extend as far back and down towards the ground, so it improves rear departure angle and really opens up the rear wheelwells. It ships out in bare steel, so I had it powder coated in a lightly textured black to match the mopar front bumper and had the nameplate and shackles done in the same glossy red as the factory tow hooks. The hinged carrier is also from cavfab and finished to match.

Jeep Wrangler JL Silly topic: whats everyones feelings towards mixing different bumper manufacturers? 20211013_132712_resized
Jeep Wrangler JL Silly topic: whats everyones feelings towards mixing different bumper manufacturers? 20210117_135607_resized

OP
OP
Atom631

Atom631

First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Personally, I prefer the mopar steel front bumper. The steel bumper group made it onto my build sheet, even though I knew the cost could go further in the aftermarket and that I'd also be replacing the rear at some point before it had a chance to flex up and damage the body. I just like it's look, it can be stubbyed (yeah, not a word), it could easily be accessorized, and a winch could be mounted down low in it.

I ended up going with the Cavfab Ultra Clearance rear bumper because it's far stronger, provides shackle points, and is as low profile as it gets while still protecting the body. It doesn't extend as far back and down towards the ground, so it improves rear departure angle and really opens up the rear wheelwells. It ships out in bare steel, so I had it powder coated in a lightly textured black to match the mopar front bumper and had the nameplate and shackles done in the same glossy red as the factory tow hooks. The hinged carrier is also from cavfab and finished to match.

20211013_132712_resized.jpg
20210117_135607_resized.jpg
i love the factory mopar steel front. When I ordered my JLUR i opted to not get it bc I heard bad things about the rear bumper. I figured I could probably find a take-off front pretty easily….but nope. Im in NY (like you) and no one sells them in the area. The few times ive seen them listed nearby, they are sold instantly and usually fetch a premium compared to the rest of the country. Ive been waiting for months for one to pop up (here and facebook groups) nearby and they never do.

Jim_n_Tx

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ, Commando, JT , JL, M422
Both of my bumpers are steel and both are black - ergo, they match.
Sponsored