Silent Panda's Rubicon build update - Metalcloak Inner Fenders

Silent Panda

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
A couple of updates to our 2 door build. Jounce bumpers and inner fenders from Metalcloak!

The first build post and some tasty pics can be found at the link below:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/silent-pandas-2-door-rubicon-build.25628/

When I did the initial build I reused the stock plastic inner fenders. They were serviceable but not excellent. There were some gaps to the body that I wanted to close. I saw the Metalcloak inner fenders at EJS this year and knew those would fix those gaps.

Trimmed plastic inner fenders
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_74ac.jpg

Some of the gaps that bothered me
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_74ad.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_74aa.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_74a8.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_74a3.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_74a2.jpg

The new aluminum inner fenders from Metalcloak provide much more protection by closing some of those gaps. They also look fantastic. They instal using some of the attachment points from the Overland tube fenders and some of the tabs the plastic fenders were attached to.

The Metalcloak fenders close out those gaps (sorry for the not so good rear pics...it was getting late)
IMG_8023.jpeg
IMG_8019.jpeg
IMG_8020.jpeg
IMG_8021.jpeg
IMG_8022.jpeg
IMG_8026.jpeg
IMG_8027.jpeg

The install wasn't tough. The instructions were very clear and there was plenty of hardware in the box. These come raw or powder coated from Metalcloak. I got raw ones and had them coated at work. 6 of one half dozen of another in my opinion.

The inner fenders were constructed very well. They look to be very study but time will tell. I'll post up some updates as soon as we get some miles on them.
Sponsored

Dzwart06

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I am looking at getting a set of these. I know it is not ideal, but I honestly like the plastic mopar fenders on my JLUR. If they scratch so be it, after a few years if they look horrible I'll replace them, but I went simple non pained because I didn't want to worry about all the brush scuffing the paint.

Will these work with the plastic Rubicon fenders? Were they very direct fit or was drilling involved?

OP
OP
Silent Panda

Silent Panda

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I am looking at getting a set of these. I know it is not ideal, but I honestly like the plastic mopar fenders on my JLUR. If they scratch so be it, after a few years if they look horrible I'll replace them, but I went simple non pained because I didn't want to worry about all the brush scuffing the paint.

Will these work with the plastic Rubicon fenders? Were they very direct fit or was drilling involved?
These do work with plastic fenders. There is some drilling required. it isn't crazy though.

I started with plastic fenders but tore them off too many times on the trail.
Sponsored