First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ7, 2006 TJ, 2012 JKR, 2021 JLR
Build Thread
Link
Hello sir, great wheels on your rigs there. I’m currently planning on getting a 315/70R17 tires with 17x9 rims, however, most i’ve seen have negative offset which makes it the tire poke out further from the fender.

with your setup (17x8 with +30 offset right) i might go with this route, the stance looks great. I won’t be doing any heavy rock trailing. Any rubbing you experience so far on full lock or the fender liner?
I believe the OP is running 295/70R18 tires on 18x8 wheels with a +30 offset. The tires you have in mind are the same height but nearly an inch wider...
Sponsored

JINO

First Name
Jino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jlurd
Geez that is a heavy wheel. Granted if you're at 90 lb vs 97 lb, that's only a 7ish% difference. I have always heard that rotating mass affects the vehicle roughly like putting 4x that weight in the trunk. Meaning, the change in acceleration and fuel economy by adding 5lbs of rotating mass is roughly like putting 20lb of stuff in the trunk.

That said, there's even more motivation for me to keep the stock rubi wheels at ~21lb each. I don't think people appreciate how good OEM wheels really are in terms of quality.
Only issue for me is that they're too thin for large tires.

emarrero

First Name
Ely
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
i write code
Looks great @Mattman! Mine are going on a '21 JLUR tomorrow, will post before & after pics.

Do you know if the backspacing on your wheels is same as stock? I like the stock wheels and I'd like to keep them without spacers.

🍕

Mattman

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 2dr
Looks great @Mattman! Mine are going on a '21 JLUR tomorrow, will post before & after pics.

Do you know if the backspacing on your wheels is same as stock? I like the stock wheels and I'd like to keep them without spacers.

🍕
Completely stock wheel, no spacers… just the factory 2.5” lift.

emarrero

First Name
Ely
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
i write code
Alrighty then, here's the update. This is exactly what I was looking for. I have two before pics and two after pics. The suspension is bone stock, tires are mounted on the factory 17" wheels.

I updated the tire size through a Tazer JL mini so the speedo is right on the money (34.60 as per the Mickey Thompson web site). Gearing is stock and the little 2.0T pulls like a champ!

Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T 255/85R17 on a 2021 JLUR. No lift, no rubbing, no nuthin' :)

Before:

Jeep Wrangler JL Significance of Wheel Weight before1
Jeep Wrangler JL Significance of Wheel Weight before2

After:
Jeep Wrangler JL Significance of Wheel Weight after1
Jeep Wrangler JL Significance of Wheel Weight after2
Sponsored