Signed lease - $39k MSRP $368/mo with $0 due at signing

dgoldenz

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Signed this deal a couple days ago, loving the Wrangler JL so far. My first post here but I did a lot of reading on the forum before buying so thanks to everyone for the helpful info. My other car is a supercharged E92 M3, slightly different driving experience. MSRP was $38,875, options include the Quick Order Package 24S, technology group, convenience group, automatic transmission, and premium soft top. It's my understanding that this must have been a pre-price increase car since a similar build now seems to cost around $40,200?

I got 11.5% off MSRP with only one $300 stupid dealer add-on (GPS tracking thing) that they already have on every car and wouldn’t remove, no markups on MF/acquisition fee, no other add-on BS. Another dealer had agreed to sell me the exact same build for 11.5% off plus paying $500 towards first-year registration, but then when I got to the dealer they changed the deal on me and wouldn’t do it without an additional $1200+ of add-on crap so I walked. This was the best deal I could find locally and it wasn’t worth going to another state to save another 1-2%. All taxes and fees were rolled into the lease so the only thing I paid was the first payment.

Lease details:

MSRP: $38,875
Selling Price: $34,404 (11.5% off MSRP)
Monthly Payment: $368.52
Cash Due at Signing: $0 (paid first month payment, nothing else)
Doc fee - $495
Acquisition fee - $595
Title and GPS crap thing - $324
MSD - None
Incentives: None

Months:36
Annual Mileage:10k
MF: .00219
Residual: 74%

Buying the car would've cost almost twice as much on a 60-month loan so I feel pretty good about the deal I ended up with, plus I can write off the lease payments in full on my taxes which is nice. Other dealers were at $450/month range for the same MSRP.

Wrangler1.jpg

Wrangler2.jpg

Wrangler3.jpg
Advertisement

OP
OP

dgoldenz

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Think 15K miles annually . No one goes merely 10K miles annually .
I have another car and only drive about 10k miles a year combined between the two, mileage isn't an issue. I was actually hoping they'd have a 7500 mile lease but 10k was the minimum...I'll go out on a limb and say that some people drive less than 10k miles/year.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
I'll go out on a limb and say that some people drive less than 10k miles/year.
Thanks ; I would not have thought it , somehow . Maybe because Vegas is in the middle of nowhere . Where ya gonna go ?

eazepeezy

First Name
R&R
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Signed this deal a couple days ago, loving the Wrangler JL so far. My first post here but I did a lot of reading on the forum before buying so thanks to everyone for the helpful info. My other car is a supercharged E92 M3, slightly different driving experience. MSRP was $38,875, options include the Quick Order Package 24S, technology group, convenience group, automatic transmission, and premium soft top. It's my understanding that this must have been a pre-price increase car since a similar build now seems to cost around $40,200?

I got 11.5% off MSRP with only one $300 stupid dealer add-on (GPS tracking thing) that they already have on every car and wouldn’t remove, no markups on MF/acquisition fee, no other add-on BS. Another dealer had agreed to sell me the exact same build for 11.5% off plus paying $500 towards first-year registration, but then when I got to the dealer they changed the deal on me and wouldn’t do it without an additional $1200+ of add-on crap so I walked. This was the best deal I could find locally and it wasn’t worth going to another state to save another 1-2%. All taxes and fees were rolled into the lease so the only thing I paid was the first payment.

Lease details:

MSRP: $38,875
Selling Price: $34,404 (11.5% off MSRP)
Monthly Payment: $368.52
Cash Due at Signing: $0 (paid first month payment, nothing else)
Doc fee - $495
Acquisition fee - $595
Title and GPS crap thing - $324
MSD - None
Incentives: None

Months:36
Annual Mileage:10k
MF: .00219
Residual: 74%

Buying the car would've cost almost twice as much on a 60-month loan so I feel pretty good about the deal I ended up with, plus I can write off the lease payments in full on my taxes which is nice. Other dealers were at $450/month range for the same MSRP.

Wrangler1.jpg

Wrangler2.jpg

Wrangler3.jpg
Great deal. I would like my monthly to be around that ballpark. Thanks for sharing your recent experience, I made a couple of inquiries to Vegas dealers. One of them is Jim Marsh. Initially wanted white as well...but suddenly I want some color in my life hah. Enjoy your new ride!

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Think 15K miles annually . No one goes merely 10K miles annually .
You’d be surprised. Even though I bought my JL outright, I only have “low use insurance” on it at State Farm. That’s 7,500 miles/year. I’d go lower if I could.

My experience has always been that I do far better by buying rather than leasing since dealers drool over pristine cars with very low mileage when it’s trade in time. Sometimes you can find a private party who’ll pay more but I’ve found dealers are willing to go stronger than private party and it’s hassle free. Before I bought the Wrangler I sold my high performance sports car to a dealer for 10% more than any private party buyer offered me in three months of online advertising.

A lease like the one above may be $100-$150/mo higher than a 36 month ownership experience when it comes time to sell or trade. Low miles matter.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
You’d be surprised. Even though I bought my JL outright, I only have “low use insurance” on it at State Farm. That’s 7,500 miles/year. I’d go lower if I could.

My experience has always been that I do far better by buying rather than leasing since dealers drool over pristine cars with very low mileage when it’s trade in time. Sometimes you can find a private party who’ll pay more but I’ve found dealers are willing to go stronger than private party and it’s hassle free. Before I bought the Wrangler I sold my high performance sports car to a dealer for 10% more than any private party buyer offered me in three months of online advertising.

A lease like the one above may be $100-$150/mo higher than a 36 month ownership experience when it comes time to sell or trade. Low miles matter.
Excellent information .

If you are going to go lower than 7,500 miles/year , you may not be enjoying your full capability . When you plan your Jeep adventures , be a Superman . ( Like in the recent Superbowl advertisements .)

You are correct about private party sales : I would add that the private buyers try to reduce my price too low , and they likely will return and complain about some nothing little thing . Buyers are generally trouble . Whenever anyone wants to purchase my Jeep , I tell them " not for sale , ever ; bye " .

J_rad91

First Name
Jared
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS 3.6L
How do you go about asking for the discount? I’m planning on buying a JL in January and live in Las Vegas as well. Thank you.

OP
OP

dgoldenz

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
How do you go about asking for the discount? I’m planning on buying a JL in January and live in Las Vegas as well. Thank you.
Just call and tell them you want 13% off MSRP with no add-on fees or additional equipment. They'll probably come back with 11.5% and the $299 GPS bullshit thing. It does look like they edited the website though, they were showing 10% off everything in stock last week, now the advertised discounts are lower. I'd ask for Antonio, he's the one that agreed on my deal with no hassle.

BWWJL

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Great deal!

And, to make you feel better, dealer told me today that RV dropped 4% for sport s in sept ... that killed a 2018 lease for me.

BWWJL

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I didn’t ask based on RV shooting down 4%.

JKorJL

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
This is the best deal I've seen so far! I just started looking around and the lease deals seem to be around $425-$450 with zero down.

Great job! Enjoy your ride!

Advertisement

Done Right LED

Advertisement