Sponsored

Sidetrack LED Light Install Helper Guide

ToPar9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Altitude
Hello, all. I installed the Sidetrack LED lights last night. I want to add a few additional details, tips, tricks, what have you.
- I was skeptical of removing exterior rivets, so I went a different route. I removed the fender and fender liner, all as one piece. 5-10mm bolts, 1-push tab, and a little yank. Once the fender is halfway off, disconnect the lighting harness, then pull the rest of the fender off. I purchased a pack of the fender tabs off of Amazon for 8 bucks. I only needed one tab as the rest either stayed in place or were easily reattached. if the white clips stay on the vehicle, reach a pair of needle-nose, pinch the tab and slide it out.
- I was worried about feeding the yellow wire through the rubber grommet after reading a few horror stories on here about inadvertently cutting wires. I found the perfect spot to feed a coat hanger through the grommet.

I added a few pictures to help my explanation. The pics should help show a better example.

**One last thing**
I installed the Smoked LED Sidemarker Lights as well. With the fender off, and a 16" skinny 27 Torx, the need to remove the front fender exterior rivets was not necessary. A little patience and guidance, allowed me to remove the stock sidemarker light and install the smoked lights. It was a very simple task that maybe took 5 minutes with the fender off.

Everything is in perfect working order!
I put together a little video, (I won't be the next Spielberg), but I shot it in my garage with minimal light. The LED's are BRIGHT.

Attached are a few of the steps mentioned above.

Oh yeah ... Oracle ... next time, wait until the fall for sweet releases. Summer - North Texas - Garage - Waaaay too hot! haha
Sponsored

Attachments

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
Thank you so much for your post and the Jeep looks great! I will send this over to our marketing team to add to our site, this can certainly be useful to others.

OP
OP
ToPar9

ToPar9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Altitude
Thank you so much for your post and the Jeep looks great! I will send this over to our marketing team to add to our site, this can certainly be useful to others.
I am sure your team can find a cleaner way to put it together.
Removing the fender and liner may take a few extra minutes, but for a novice like me, it gives you plenty of room to get the job done.

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
Hello, all. I installed the Sidetrack LED lights last night. I want to add a few additional details, tips, tricks, what have you.
- I was skeptical of removing exterior rivets, so I went a different route. I removed the fender and fender liner, all as one piece. 5-10mm bolts, 1-push tab, and a little yank. Once the fender is halfway off, disconnect the lighting harness, then pull the rest of the fender off. I purchased a pack of the fender tabs off of Amazon for 8 bucks. I only needed one tab as the rest either stayed in place or were easily reattached. if the white clips stay on the vehicle, reach a pair of needle-nose, pinch the tab and slide it out.
- I was worried about feeding the yellow wire through the rubber grommet after reading a few horror stories on here about inadvertently cutting wires. I found the perfect spot to feed a coat hanger through the grommet.

I added a few pictures to help my explanation. The pics should help show a better example.

**One last thing**
I installed the Smoked LED Sidemarker Lights as well. With the fender off, and a 16" skinny 27 Torx, the need to remove the front fender exterior rivets was not necessary. A little patience and guidance, allowed me to remove the stock sidemarker light and install the smoked lights. It was a very simple task that maybe took 5 minutes with the fender off.

Everything is in perfect working order!
I put together a little video, (I won't be the next Spielberg), but I shot it in my garage with minimal light. The LED's are BRIGHT.

Attached are a few of the steps mentioned above.

Oh yeah ... Oracle ... next time, wait until the fall for sweet releases. Summer - North Texas - Garage - Waaaay too hot! haha
My install went very well. I’ve worked with a lot of plastic fasteners/rivets and I have every size and shape in stock so I just dropped the liners down on the tires and no problem. I wish Oracle would add about 4” to each wire for us old arthritic guys!. I drilled a hole in the passenger footwell through the firewall and installed a grommet which is easy to do with liner out of the way. Going through the passenger side nipple they furnish behind the breaker box is more trouble than just creating a new pass through.

I’ve had many compliments on the looks and function. Highly recommended.

OP
OP
ToPar9

ToPar9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Altitude
My install went very well. I’ve worked with a lot of plastic fasteners/rivets and I have every size and shape in stock so I just dropped the liners down on the tires and no problem. I wish Oracle would add about 4” to each wire for us old arthritic guys!. I drilled a hole in the passenger footwell through the firewall and installed a grommet which is easy to do with liner out of the way. Going through the passenger side nipple they furnish behind the breaker box is more trouble than just creating a new pass through.

I’ve had many compliments on the looks and function. Highly recommended.
I thought the same thing about the wire ... at first. Once completed, I liked the length. I didn’t have dangling wires. Crimping wires while laid up sideways in the footwell wasn’t fun. It’s bad that I thought about pulling out the passenger seat. Haha
All in all, it’s not too bad of an install. The wife gave me the thumbs up.

Sponsored

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I thought the same thing about the wire ... at first. Once completed, I liked the length. I didn’t have dangling wires. Crimping wires while laid up sideways in the footwell wasn’t fun. It’s bad that I thought about pulling out the passenger seat. Haha
All in all, it’s not too bad of an install. The wife gave me the thumbs up.
Well you received the approval that counts! If it makes you feel better, I had the same thoughts about the seat removal also!

Once installed I think you would agree that they really are a nice upgrade.

Happy Jeeping.

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
Does anyone have any good pics of the driver side firewall spot where I need to feed the white wire? I have watched the video more times than I care to mention and I am just not seeing it. I could use a hand. Thanks.

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Does anyone have any good pics of the driver side firewall spot where I need to feed the white wire? I have watched the video more times than I care to mention and I am just not seeing it. I could use a hand. Thanks.
When I did mine, I simply drilled a hole in the footwell, installed a grommet and fed the wire through. When you drop the fender well liner you can easily see where to drill. I‘ve read a few threads that tells you to use the rubber nipple behind the fuse box which requires some disassembly regarding fuse box/battery....not going to touch electricals that are sensitive. Laying in the footwell to hook up the splice is rather interesting but it does work if you stay with it.

they are well worth it, look and perform great. The puddle LEDs are extremely bright.

go for it

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The driver side is easier as you can simply snake the wire where the clutch linkage goes through the fire well. ( Assuming you dont have a manual). There is a rubber plug that pops right out which you can drill or poke a hole and pass the wire through.

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
When I did mine, I simply drilled a hole in the footwell, installed a grommet and fed the wire through. When you drop the fender well liner you can easily see where to drill. I‘ve read a few threads that tells you to use the rubber nipple behind the fuse box which requires some disassembly regarding fuse box/battery....not going to touch electricals that are sensitive. Laying in the footwell to hook up the splice is rather interesting but it does work if you stay with it.

they are well worth it, look and perform great. The puddle LEDs are extremely bright.

go for it
I just looked and I used Posi-tap connectors which are truly the best way to tap into the footwell and turn signal feed wires. A little more expensive but those suckers work great!

Sponsored

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
I just chuckled at the idea of the turn signals annoying drivers next to you so much that they rather let you in than have those lights in their face :CWL:

Last edited:

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
The driver side is easier as you can simply snake the wire where the clutch linkage goes through the fire well. ( Assuming you dont have a manual). There is a rubber plug that pops right out which you can drill or poke a hole and pass the wire through.
I pushed a steel cable (Otis gun cleaning kit cable) through the hole Oracle recommends to go through in their pic, but it never came out the other side in the footwell. I tried pushing a fish rod through and it will not go. I don’t want to damage any of my wiring. What a PITA. Can’t wait to try the passenger side. Currently I have the turn signal wired and grounded on the driver side, but not the courtesy light. @ORACLElights website sucks for listing installers. For my area the search returns a LA address for one clearly listed in my town, which I looked up another way and it resolves to a storage facility and another one resolves to a guy’s house...shady. Went to my local Trick Trucks and they will do it for me. Saves me some time. Even though I complain about this, I love the product, so much that I bought another set for the other JL.

Last edited:

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Got mine installed today. Didn't go through firewall since I already ran footwell lighting wires to my hood leds

jdpatt12

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon 2019 Jeep Cherokee , 2015 ford mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
I was wondering if anyone has painted the sidetrackers to match vehicle color?
Sponsored