Sponsored

Side Wave?

bwally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Hi everyone.

I’m sure this has been discussed before.
Do you all wave to other Jeeps as you/they pass?

I’m 50/50 but barely receive any.

what do you guys do?
Sponsored

W4V3

First Name
Freedom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
If it seems we're both looking at each other, I'll wave. I get the most waves from the younger crowd and older Jeep owners. No offense, but I never get waves from middle-aged women or guys that act as they borrowed the Jeep from their dad.

FinnCustomKnives

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon Ecodiesel
If it's nice, you are getting a hand out the window wave. If it's not nice, the standard above the wheel wave you will get.
I always make up stupid reasons why people don't wave back. Like "that guy just got bitched out by his wife" or "he's just mad he hasn't got the steering box upgrade" 🤣🤣

Sponsored

Kansas JL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon ( sold). 2022 392 XR Tuscadero
I wave at every Jeep, however sometimes I am spacing out or talking to someone and distracted. But do I wave! I actually think it’s a cool thing that we owners have in common and I love it!

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
I waved at all wranglers when I first got my Jeep. Thought it was fun. Then my wrists started hurting because I didn’t realize just how many of them there were out there on the road these days... Now I just wave at “old” Jeeps, well-modded Jeeps, and back at anyone who waves at me. If you are in a stock wrangler that passed me recently, sorry for not waving. Oh wait, not sorry. Oh whatever… here. 👋

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
I wave at them all-about half wave back. Believe it the different demographic involved. Back “in the day” Jeeps were not that common and it was like an exclusive club ( you had to suffer a bit in a Jeep-rough ride, no “power” goodies. A dressed up Jeep had a heater and a radio, so most folks didn’t want one). Nowdays lots of folks buy Jeeps for “the look” or “the image”, back then folks bought a Jeep strictly because they wanted the capability only Jeep could provide.

Last edited:

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
most of the waves i do and get are from jeepers that uses the jeep for its purpose. from stock to modded. classic willys to jl. all the others dont wave (more like dont have a clue) are soccer moms, mall crawlers. those just get the jeep cuz it looks cool.

i did get a middle finger from a moron. wagon wheel, rubber band tire, big booming window rattling stereo. dancing neon light wrangler. just to make it worse, it has a winch and hi lift jack.

WreckEm711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed
I typically don’t wave if someone is passing me going in the same direction, don’t care to look all the way to the side while I’m driving. If i catch someone’s eye side by side at a red light I’ll usually nod

Sponsored

1YLDKAT

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Most of my waves are a sideways peace sign with my thumb sticking up, it’s really backhanded, over the steering wheel, pinkie and ring finger around the wheel. That way the sun or light from the window is more on my hand and the wave is visible like a flash to the other Jeep driver.
I been at this a while. About 35 years... Lol

Sometimes when passing or being passed by a Jeep modded like mine or more, I’ll hang it out the door Opening if Im running door less, (This wave resembles a biker wave, done hand down arm straight, but Instead of 2 finger peace sign, the usual backhanded peace sign with thumb up) or out the window if they are down, or in the window if they are up and it’s cold outside. On a side pass, I don’t look at them while doing this, I just assume they got it.

My wave is always cool and casual, but I do enjoy seeing the new people get excited and waving big with smiles on their faces!
I mean C’mon!! The fresh excitement of new Jeep ownership!! Priceless!!

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Everyone gets a wave. Not every wave is returned. Life goes on. :)

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Wave most of the time, and that includes old (pre78) Broncos, old FJ40s, Scouts. Most 2drs wave back, about half of the 4drs do. It's all good, wave, no wave whatever :)
Sponsored