Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I’m curious has anyone installed side view cameras? The cameras are cheap but I haven’t seen any info on it being done. I know the 8” screen has an aux plug where you could add a switcher and two cameras but not sure about how I might do this with the 7” screen that I have. Not looking to change headunits. I did see the unit in the link below that works with the 7” but it’s more than I’d like to spend. There’s is a perfect spot to add flush side view cameras under the mirror and I’m not worried about running wire disconnects or adding to the current plug for the door, I’m just looking for a way to wire it to the head unit.
https://reversecamera.com/products/2019-jeep-wrangler-jl-7-hd-front-side-camera-input-module
Sponsored

DaddyEngineer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
This looks like what everyone is looking for. A way to add a front HD camera to the stock head unit.

hope we get some real world experience or at least more info on how it interfaces/installs.

Scott

OP
OP
Silverblkrilla

Silverblkrilla

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I’m going to give the company a call from the link I listed to get more information on how everything works and what’s included. If I can add a DVR I’d pay up to $500 bucks for the entire setup.

DaddyEngineer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I’m going to give the company a call from the link I listed to get more information on how everything works and what’s included. If I can add a DVR I’d pay up to $500 bucks for the entire setup.
If it works to add an HD front camera to my 8.4” screen, I’d buy one.

I added a link to this thread to one of the Front Camera threads so I’m hoping one of those with more electrical knowledge than me will talk to this company and give us more info.

Looks promising for cameras, a DVR would be cool too.

Thanks,
Scott