Sponsored

Side Steps to prevent snow/mud on the doors and fenders

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
Yeah, I would say they will prevent the majority of stones , but aside from a mud flap, I don’t think anything will block them all. Tires will play a part in that too. I have the stock Rubi tires.
As you can see in the pics I posted above I also have mud flaps and yes the stock Rubi tires are probably the worst for rock debris. That aside I love the LOD’s and can’t wiT to get them. Where did you order from?
Sponsored

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Past - '13 JKU, '97 TJ, '93 YJ
As you can see in the pics I posted above I also have mud flaps and yes the stock Rubi tires are probably the worst for rock debris. That aside I love the LOD’s and can’t wiT to get them. Where did you order from?
I bought them from Northridge 4x4 on Black Friday. They arrived in less than 2 weeks directly from LOD. Reach out to Northridge and I bet they can give you good pricing.

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
Wow. $129 for the pair, including shipping.

I’d be scared to find out what they are made of...
It's formed from the waste chemicals of the covid factory in wuhan. The plastic mutates to stay looking new!

All jokes aside, they seem as durable as any other automotive plastic. The pinch weld bolt threads were a little rusty after about a year when I transferred them from my Jeep to my wife's... Probably be a good idea to coat with something to prevent the rust, as those little pinch weld bolts are small (and welded to the bracket).

OP
OP
LFMS

LFMS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Mounting these things is super easy.

Even I can do it.

BillWorkbench

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2-door Sport S (Stock)
Occupation
IT person
I have the inexpensive ones from amazon. (https://amzn.to/3aALUkz) I had the real Mopar ones on my JK back in 2012, but I don't remember too much about them. I guess they were not memorable :)

Anyway, they are ok. They have no metal in them at all, except for the brackets. The color is a bit off from the Sport fenders. For keeping the mud and snow off, I would think they keep some off.

Would I purchase them again? Yes, unless I was going to do some real rock crawling, they may not protect you from big rocks. They are just plastic. But they will protect you from the little rocks that may fling up and mud, and they look nice.

Jeep Wrangler JL Side Steps to prevent snow/mud on the doors and fenders IMG_4839.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Side Steps to prevent snow/mud on the doors and fenders IMG_4840.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Side Steps to prevent snow/mud on the doors and fenders IMG_4841.JPG

A few more bullet items of why I selected these.
o No brand name on them
o Price
o Wife said yes
o They look like the Mopar ones
o They finish the Jeep nicely.
o If they break, or I break them. It's no big deal.
o Because they are all plastic, they will not bend or dent with a little rock bump or bottom out.

Installation was easy. There are no instructions but do the metal brackets first.

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Hi there,

My 2door gets mud and snow all over its sides, but what really bothers me is getting my hand full of crap every time I go for the door handle. I’m not a big fan of mud slaps, so was thinking of getting side steps, either the Mopar plastic ones, or the Mopar black aluminum tubular. For the folks that have them, are they any good at preventing mud/snow from going on the doors and building up on the fenders? If so which one better?

Thanks!
Definitely..... the plastic ones do an awesome job of keeping crap off your doors and body.

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
Hi there,

My 2door gets mud and snow all over its sides, but what really bothers me is getting my hand full of crap every time I go for the door handle. I’m not a big fan of mud slaps, so was thinking of getting side steps, either the Mopar plastic ones, or the Mopar black aluminum tubular. For the folks that have them, are they any good at preventing mud/snow from going on the doors and building up on the fenders? If so which one better?

Thanks!
I'll just comment because we have both styles in my house...my wife has the plastic steps on her JLU and I have the aluminum steps on my JL. The plastic ones have a smaller gap between the step and the flare, so less stuff can pass through there. The sides of my wife's JLU look fine after driving around in the snow and slush. Both do the job nicely of keeping the sides pretty clean - here's what mine looked like after a day of going through some mud holes and wheeling in the dust and dirt at Rausch Creek.

IMG_3174.JPG

Sponsored

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
The color is a bit off from the Sport fenders.
I used a bit of Mothers Back to Black on them, which brought them awfully close to the flares in blackness, albeit a tad more shine (the shine doesn't last long once they get exposed to the elements).

cgagnon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Keep an eye out for Sahara take-offs. I just bought a set from someone on Facebook for $60 with all the hardware. Now I just need my Jeep to be built!

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
This was my biggest decision to got LOD to keep the mud and rocks off the sides of my jeep.