OP
OP
LFMS

LFMS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
I'll just comment because we have both styles in my house...my wife has the plastic steps on her JLU and I have the aluminum steps on my JL. The plastic ones have a smaller gap between the step and the flare, so less stuff can pass through there. The sides of my wife's JLU look fine after driving around in the snow and slush. Both do the job nicely of keeping the sides pretty clean - here's what mine looked like after a day of going through some mud holes and wheeling in the dust and dirt at Rausch Creek.

IMG_3174.JPG
Thanks Steve! It’s good to have some feedback about the tubular ones - judging bu the pic they seem to hold much better that I thought they would!
Sponsored

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
Thanks Steve! It’s good to have some feedback about the tubular ones - judging bu the pic they seem to hold much better that I thought they would!
You're welcome! I am impressed as well; I was almost sad when I got out of the Jeep after wheeling and saw it was still kinda clean LOL. I expected it to be sprayed all up the sides, but as you can see, it really piled on the front edge of the step and just kinda stayed there.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I have the plastic Mopar side steps, and splash guards. I used pipe insulation to fill the gap between the step and body. The foam insulation is pre- split, cut it to length, and put in place, final tightening of step fasteners when foam is tucked in

Screenshot_20200105-171200.jpg

Screenshot_20200105-171220.jpg

OP
OP
LFMS

LFMS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
I have the plastic Mopar side steps, and splash guards. I used pipe insulation to fill the gap between the step and body. The foam insulation is pre- split, cut it to length, and put in place, final tightening of step fasteners when foam is tucked in

Screenshot_20200105-171200.jpg

Screenshot_20200105-171220.jpg
That it’s some great detailing there, and beautiful pup! I have a Weimaraner with the worst car manners, but loves riding the keep with the top off!
Sponsored