Sponsored

Side mirrors for driving without doors? - HELP!

jkill

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2 Door Rubicon
Has anyone found side mirrors for driving with the doors off?

I got my jeep home, took the doors, back and side windows off and have no intentions of putting them back on.

I have been driving in safari mode for over a month. Get caught in the rain from time to time and find that as long as you are moving you don't really get wet. I have even gone to work meetings in a suit while it is raining. I quickly learned to remove the floor drain plugs to prevent pooling and leave the jeep out in the sun to dry afterwords and the carpets are usually dry in a day or two.

Now Florida does not require side mirrors, they seem to think the rear view will suffice. I have come to rely on side mirrors over many years of driving and would like to find some that I like. The ones on the market are kinda lame.

Why in the world did Jeep remove the extra side bolt holes that used to be used for mounting mirrors?

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks -J-
Sponsored

Gaxmode

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Do yourself a favor and get quality mirrors if you are going to be using them everyday. I like the Carolina Metal masters.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
If you get Carolina Metal Masters make sure they give you the 6 inch stanchions. They originally shipped with 5 inches but they have changed them.

The quality of these mirrors is fantastic but they do have a smaller range of view than the standard side mirrors. They are more like blind spot mirrors.

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
If you get Carolina Metal Masters make sure they give you the 6 inch stanchions. They originally shipped with 5 inches but they have changed them.

The quality of these mirrors is fantastic but they do have a smaller range of view than the standard side mirrors. They are more like blind spot mirrors.
They ship the 6” as standard now. I confirmed that in an email with CMM.

OP
OP
jkill

jkill

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2 Door Rubicon
do the carolina metal masters come with "regular" flat mirrors or only the convex magnifying mirrors?

jayteal

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon; 2018 JLUR; 2004 TJ
+1 for the Coyote mirrors, they don't budge and I can leave the hardware attached to the hood year round and then it takes only 30 seconds to put the mirrors back in when the doors are off. Super easy but to each their own.

Tunesoul

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 2012 Subaru Outback, 2018 Ocean Blue JLUR
Occupation
Owner of a Mobile Auto Paint Touch Up Co.
Still waiting on the Rugged Ridge Trail Mirrors I ordered from Quadratec back on 7/30. At this rate I'll receive them sometime in December, just in time for a frosty doors-off run up to Lake Tahoe! Merry Christmas to me! :clap: I'll let y'all know how they are someday when they arrive...

Sponsored

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
Still waiting on the Rugged Ridge Trail Mirrors I ordered from Quadratec back on 7/30. At this rate I'll receive them sometime in December, just in time for a frosty doors-off run up to Lake Tahoe! Merry Christmas to me! :clap: I'll let y'all know how they are someday when they arrive...
That's what I originally ordered in June. Then they kept getting delayed over and over so I switched to the lange, which are "supposed" to ship this week.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I’m in the same boat, but I do believe they have the best design so I’m patiently waiting. Coyotes would be my second choice, but I don’t want that block/mount thing permanently attached. (Yes, I’m anal.) CMMs seem obscenely overpriced for a solution that doesn’t even provide a full range of vision.

OP
OP
jkill

jkill

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2 Door Rubicon
I like the old rugged ridge ones that attached to the A pillar. I wish they would come up with a solution to work with the single bolt hole that jeep left us with...

Mordin Solus

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
That's what I originally ordered in June. Then they kept getting delayed over and over so I switched to the lange, which are "supposed" to ship this week.
Was thinking about ordering a set, however it looks like they now have an estimated ship date of Oct 3rd.

At this point I may just pick up a set of cheap mirrors, order the Rugged Ridge, and assume I will not get them for another month or two.

CMâ›°

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite Crystal
After about 6 weeks of rain I finally got to check out my Rugged Ridge Trail Mirrors. Like the look and it seems solid at high speeds so far. Passenger side had a bad bushing where arm connects near the jamb nut so I couldn’t install it. May just go with the driver side only as the visibility of the passenger side is wide open with doors off and they are not required in Texas.

85EADFD1-2275-4A7D-BB2D-3208350D447A.jpeg
955E020B-6D93-4A0C-B5D2-0684713BB561.jpeg
D390A6F0-DF1D-40D4-8C64-A0A3B1D9D43B.jpeg
4A3FEDFB-CE84-47D3-8C87-8A7922F852DD.jpeg
Sponsored