Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for all the suggestions guys. I am going to try them one at a time before I give up. (even though I said I give up).
The Jeep looks so much better after a cleaning with the wet look.
Chocolate Thunder, I'm going to try your way first being the product is completely dry when finished.
Thank you CT and all my other friends!
Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Thank you for all the suggestions guys. I am going to try them one at a time before I give up. (even though I said I give up).
The Jeep looks so much better after a cleaning with the wet look.
Chocolate Thunder, I'm going to try your way first being the product is completely dry when finished.
Thank you CT and all my other friends!
I used to detail vehicles. The Tuf Shine is a great product. So many clients were thrilled when this option came around. A big key is thoroughly cleaning them before applying the clear coat.

On another note, for all of you guys who are dead set against having your Jeeps look their best, whatā€™s the deal with that? Iā€™m seriously asking. Is it a ā€œJeep thingā€ to not want it to look nice? Itā€™s a brand new vehicle, not a rat rod. Are yā€™all the guy sitting at the next table over from me in an upscale restaurant wearing the mustard stained Judas Priest ā€˜83 world tour t-shirt, cutoffs, and flip-flops with the 5 day stubble? I take my Jeep off-road whenever I can. But then I clean it up afterwards until itā€™s time to get it filthy again.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I use a foam cleaner to get the brown off and thatā€™s it, I quit using any dressing months and months ago

Qjoh5510

First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Operator
I use Adamā€™s polishes. Literally soak the tires and let them sit overnight. Very minimal to no sling at all depending on how long it sits. You could always wipe off the excess as well after itā€™s applied. That goes for any brand.

Sponsored

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray 3.6L
I love the patina of a light coat of dirt on the tires. Maybe some beach sand on the nerf bars to complete the look.

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
I used to detail vehicles. The Tuf Shine is a great product. So many clients were thrilled when this option came around. A big key is thoroughly cleaning them before applying the clear coat.

On another note, for all of you guys who are dead set against having your Jeeps look their best, whatā€™s the deal with that? Iā€™m seriously asking. Is it a ā€œJeep thingā€ to not want it to look nice? Itā€™s a brand new vehicle, not a rat rod. Are yā€™all the guy sitting at the next table over from me in an upscale restaurant wearing the mustard stained Judas Priest ā€˜83 world tour t-shirt, cutoffs, and flip-flops with the 5 day stubble? I take my Jeep off-road whenever I can. But then I clean it up afterwards until itā€™s time to get it filthy again.
Bro I have to agree...... I love taking mine off road just love it... but.... when I am on the road, just got to look good as it can...... just frustrated now I had to relocate to Atlanta right after coming back from South Dakota and I have all kind of pinstripes I just have to get off just doesn't look right on the road.... she needs to be shiny and pretty.... :LOL:..... but it is very expensive to keep the tires sprayed up so most times I just clean them....

Last edited:

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
tires should be clean, not shiny.

when i bought my jeep the dealer sent it to the shop to get the floor mats installed while we finished the paperwork. came out to drive away and the tires were all sparkly in the sunlight. i made them wipe it all off. :no:

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
Iā€™ve tried Gels, Iā€™ve tried foam and all kinds of tire wet sprays. Even if I put them on and park the Jeep for the night so it can completely dry I still get that annoying sling on my rear fenders.
Iā€™m not putting on anything anymore. Unless someone knows of a product that doesnā€™t sling.
I don't tire shine the Jeep, but on other cars there is a sponge applicator I use after the foam spray. It seems to get the excess and spread it evenly.

Sponsored

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray 3.6L
On another note, for all of you guys who are dead set against having your Jeeps look their best, whatā€™s the deal with that? Iā€™m seriously asking.
When I was younger, the same pattern repeated each time I purchased a vehicle, new car or used, Iā€™d baby the paint and buy detailing products. After about year the obsession wore off.

At the current stage of life I feel that time is more important than money and Iā€™ll pay someone else to detail my vehicles from time to time. If the sports sedan or family hauler is soiled, then it doesnā€™t feel right to me. When the Jeep is soiled it still looks OK because of its intended function.

When I bought the Jeep I purchased some fancy ceramic coating product. The shrink wrap on the packaging is still in place. These days I keep it simple: drive through touchless car wash. Clay bar if the forest fire ashes are coating the paint. Detail once a year, maybe. Vacuum regularly.

Last edited:

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
Cover All found at Oreillys is the best stuff Iā€™ve used.

OP
OP
sf5211

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase

I agree 100% with this^. Iā€™ll take my Jeep off road, come home park it in the garage dirty but before I take my next trip, including a 1 mile drive to the supermarket, I have to clean it. Later for that ā€œitā€™s a Jeep thingā€,, I paid too much, take too much pride and love it too much to just leave it filthy. Iā€™ll start before sunrise and have it looking like new by 8AM. Funny too because my wife will come out in her robe, say ā€œyouā€™re obsessed ā€œ and just walk back inside while I laugh.
The only way I ever leave it dirty is if thereā€™s rain in the forecast on a day I know Iā€™ll be using it.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I use a foam cleaner to get the brown off and thatā€™s it, I quit using any dressing months and months ago
Iā€™m not a shinny wheel fan personally. Is there a cleaner you like best that takes the brown off?
Sponsored