Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.undercontrollabs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JULR Sting-Gray
Occupation
Developer, Home Automation and AV
Part of it is in how and how much you put on. That said here are 3 you should look at.

https://www.obsessedgarage.com/collections/tire-dressings/products/carpro-perl
https://www.obsessedgarage.com/collections/tire-dressings/products/obsessed-garage-tire-dressing
https://gyeonquartz.com/product/tire-express/

I personally used the Gyeon Quartz option because my detailer is a dealer/installer for their products. All of these options applied properly also have a very low shine matte look to them. Watch the OG videos on the Perl vs their in house dressing option. Their in house option is a higher maintenance option if I remember correctly.
Seeing some of the responses I feel like I need to clarify that NONE of these products I suggested will make your tires shine. They are just dressing that will help give them a deeper matte black finish.
Sponsored

blkvirus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Wrangler JLUR
I also use Adams polishes VRT and a sponge applicator on the rare occasion I get around to it. No issues with it slinging off.
This ^

The key is to fully clean off the tire and wipe off excess VRT/ Tire Shine after application. You won't have any sling and the clean tire will have absorbed the product.

blkvirus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Wrangler JLUR
Seeing some of the responses I feel like I need to clarify that NONE of these products I suggested will make your tires shine. They are just dressing that will help give them a deeper matte black finish.
Love obsessed garage and all of the R&D he's put into every single one of his recommendations :fist bump:

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
I know of one that’s fantastic, but it involves more work than a lot of owners want to put in. You’ve got to THOROUGHLY clean the tires. It’s best to do this with them removed. Then once they’re clean and black, apply 1 to 3 coats of the dressing which is actually a water based clear coat. It looks fantastic and is completely dry so it doesn’t sling. It lasts for a few months before it wears/is washed off.

Tuf Shine cleaner
Tuf Shine clear coat
+1 This is the best stuff I've used. It is the longest lasting and you apply multiple coats to increase gloss level. I apply just enough to get them black. As @Chocolate Thunder has stated, it is important to get them as clean as possible. Once the product is applied, your tires will never brown again. I reapply yearly but I am not sure if it is even really needed.

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
+1 This is the best stuff I've used. It is the longest lasting and you apply multiple coats to increase gloss level. I apply just enough to get them black. As @Chocolate Thunder has stated, it is important to get them as clean as possible. Once the product is applied, your tires will never brown again. I reapply yearly but I am not sure if it is even really needed.
I just have to get the brown off my tires. Haha. This Arizona red dirt doesn’t like to come off easily! Still trying products to get it off. Any suggestions?

Sponsored

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
I just have to get the brown off my tires. Haha. This Arizona red dirt doesn’t like to come off easily! Still trying products to get it off. Any suggestions?
Tuf shine sells a cleaner but it was a bit pricey if I remember correctly. I used LA Awesome (yellow, not orange) which I get at the dollar store. Lately I’ve been using Mother’s back to black tire cleaner but I am not sure it’s worth the price premium over LA Awesome.

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
Tuf shine sells a cleaner but it was a bit pricey if I remember correctly. I used LA Awesome (yellow, not orange) which I get at the dollar store. Lately I’ve been using Mother’s back to black tire cleaner but I am not sure it’s worth the price premium over LA Awesome.
Thanks for the input. I’ll definitely check them out!

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
I use Simple Green to get the trail dust off (we get the red dirt dust up here) and that's it. I don't like the gloss tires on a jeep. Besides they are just going to get dirty again in about two days. So it's not worth my time.

RidgeRider

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Like several others in this post, I use Chemical Guys Natural Shine as it does a great job of cleaning (after a regular wash) and ends with a natural new tire like shine, not glossy. The attached photo shows a tire after a big trip to Moab following a wash with Adams Shampoo and then two rounds of Bleche-White applied with a stiff nylon brush - big improvement but still far from "clean". The second photo is this tire followed by one application of Chemical Guys which took about 1/8th of a 16oz bottle for all four tires. They looked even better a week after this photo as the differential color disappeared.

DEN Jeep After Bleche White x2 BiPh Oct 20 216.jpg

DEN Jeep After CHem Guys Natural BiPh Oct 20 215.jpg

aeonixx1001

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL

Sponsored

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
This is good stuff, I have used every product on the market and found this is honestly the best there is.
Maybe the best of what you can find at the auto parts store or Walmart. There are way better, high-end products out there.

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Such as???
Tuf shine is the longest lasting tire product I've used. I've heard mention of others being as good or better but they're brands not found locally. All of the stuff I've seen at local auto parts stores are tire dressings which last weeks, not months. I've been perfectly happy with Tuf Shine but I've heard McKeee's is easier to apply, more forgiving of tires not being spotless, and lasts longer. As such, it's on my list to try.

JLNOLA

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sport S MT
Any suggestions for getting shine product spatter off the black fenders? I just picked up my '21 2-door on Saturday and the dealer's detail shop was a little aggressive with the tire shine product and now I have splatter marks on the fenders. Soap and water didn't work and I'm worried about damaging the plastic with something harsh.

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Any suggestions for getting shine product spatter off the black fenders? I just picked up my '21 2-door on Saturday and the dealer's detail shop was a little aggressive with the tire shine product and now I have splatter marks on the fenders. Soap and water didn't work and I'm worried about damaging the plastic with something harsh.
Bug and tar remover?
Sponsored