Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve tried Gels, I’ve tried foam and all kinds of tire wet sprays. Even if I put them on and park the Jeep for the night so it can completely dry I still get that annoying sling on my rear fenders.
I’m not putting on anything anymore. Unless someone knows of a product that doesn’t sling.
Sponsored

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase

cgagnon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
I use Meguiar's high gloss tire shine (purple bottle). I use a tire swipe and use just enough to make the whole tire look wet. I haven't noticed any slinging on my WRX (don't have my JL yet).

I'll usually put it on, and then go back and wipe the tires each again without adding any product - I wonder if you're using a bit too much?

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I know of one that’s fantastic, but it involves more work than a lot of owners want to put in. You’ve got to THOROUGHLY clean the tires. It’s best to do this with them removed. Then once they’re clean and black, apply 1 to 3 coats of the dressing which is actually a water based clear coat. It looks fantastic and is completely dry so it doesn’t sling. It lasts for a few months before it wears/is washed off.

Tuf Shine cleaner
Tuf Shine clear coat

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
As OP is well aware, wet products sling. Some more than others. Maybe not a lot, but you can’t counteract physics. A water based gel product is better. Better yet is a water based product that completely dries before driving.

Armor All man myself, it doesn't sling too bad.

50563031918_f75b8a1b80_b.jpg
Jeep by The 3rd Placer, on Flickr
Armor All is the worst possible product you could ever use on your tires. Ask any professional detailer. Or just Google search it.

mdelzer

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.undercontrollabs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JULR Sting-Gray
Occupation
Developer, Home Automation and AV
Part of it is in how and how much you put on. That said here are 3 you should look at.

https://www.obsessedgarage.com/collections/tire-dressings/products/carpro-perl
https://www.obsessedgarage.com/collections/tire-dressings/products/obsessed-garage-tire-dressing
https://gyeonquartz.com/product/tire-express/

I personally used the Gyeon Quartz option because my detailer is a dealer/installer for their products. All of these options applied properly also have a very low shine matte look to them. Watch the OG videos on the Perl vs their in house dressing option. Their in house option is a higher maintenance option if I remember correctly.

SouthCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Billet Silver Sahara
I’ve tried Gels, I’ve tried foam and all kinds of tire wet sprays. Even if I put them on and park the Jeep for the night so it can completely dry I still get that annoying sling on my rear fenders.
I’m not putting on anything anymore. Unless someone knows of a product that doesn’t sling.
Try 303 UV Protectant on the tires. It simply keeps them black. May take a few treatments and clean the tires before using. I use it on all rubber and black plastic.

Sponsored

Chrisdupe

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Try 303 UV Protectant on the tires. It simply keeps them black. May take a few treatments and clean the tires before using. I use it on all rubber and black plastic.
another vote for 303. I like it because it doesn't make the tires shiny but keeps them looking black.