First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR Diesel, '17 Cherokee, '16 JKUR Hard Rock
Occupation
Retired - most of the time anyway
I need to take a new picture with #50 on it. Hitting the road in May to do the last 6 trails in my JTR between May and Sept. Going to revisit another dozen or so along the way. Wish they'd send a duplicate when do you did a trail more than once but they told me they don't do that.

Jeep Wrangler JL Show Your Badges of Honor On Your Rig 20200125_125816_HDR e
Sponsored

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
How are you still getting the old badges?
I had all 49 trails before they switched to the new style and never took them off when they sent the box of new ones. #50 is the new style as will all 6 of the other new trails they added last year

Sponsored

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
I said I'd do it. Here's how it turned out. I'm happy with it so far.

Can’t remember, might be a repost, but here’s what I did with my Badges of Honor:
Tied them into some Orange paracord, looped them through itself on the mirror. I may seek out a different alternative as I collect more, but for now, I like this. It’s inside, away from all the road salt and corrosion and it’s still on (obvious) display.

Jeep Wrangler JL Show Your Badges of Honor On Your Rig 20200125_125816_HDR e

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Pictures ;-)
I am still traveling, so it will be a couple days yet. Been on the road for 2 weeks. One of the weeks was at a resort in Florida thought. Spent yesterday cruising DAYTONA beach. But headed home.

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I am still traveling, so it will be a couple days yet. Been on the road for 2 weeks. One of the weeks was at a resort in Florida thought. Spent yesterday cruising DAYTONA beach. But headed home.
I'm heading to FL this summer to do the new FL Badge then TX on the way home to AZ, Will be in MI at Silver Lake Jeep Invasion and will do Drummond Island a 2nd time and the new one in Holly Hills before heading to WV and NH for two more in June after the Bantam 10th Anniversary Jeep Fest. Going to try to get to the ARK on the way to Bantam.

RubiconIsland

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon Unlimited 2.0
Wow, thats soo cool. Would love to collect such some day.
Guess I would get a clear side rear window and put a black metal plate behind to put them on.
Maybe with some fancy lightning😊

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
I'm heading to FL this summer to do the new FL Badge then TX on the way home to AZ, Will be in MI at Silver Lake Jeep Invasion and will do Drummond Island a 2nd time and the new one in Holly Hills before heading to WV and NH for two more in June after the Bantam 10th Anniversary Jeep Fest. Going to try to get to the ARK on the way to Bantam.
Silver Lake Jeep Invasion is always cool. I will probably be up there for the day. Do not miss the sunset on the dunes overlooking the lake. In my opinion it is in the top three for sunsets east of the Mississippi River in the USA. Drummond Island is always a good time. I am missing this run this year. I have wheeled Drummond Island many many times. Sunset at Fossil Beach is a great view too. Prepare to get muddy and air down. There are a lot of rocks.

Sponsored

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Silver Lake Jeep Invasion is always cool. I will probably be up there for the day. Do not miss the sunset on the dunes overlooking the lake. In my opinion it is in the top three for sunsets east of the Mississippi River in the USA. Drummond Island is always a good time. I am missing this run this year. I have wheeled Drummond Island many many times. Sunset at Fossil Beach is a great view too. Prepare to get muddy and air down. There are a lot of rocks.
quick question with sand dune driving...is there anything I need to add to my jeep to prepare for driving? I have a stock jeep sport. Also when it comes to riding in mud...Is there anything I can do to not have my jeep in the shop...I hear a lot of stories of people getting mud in the engine or something?

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
When were you thinking of being in Texas?

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
quick question with sand dune driving...is there anything I need to add to my jeep to prepare for driving? I have a stock jeep sport. Also when it comes to riding in mud...Is there anything I can do to not have my jeep in the shop...I hear a lot of stories of people getting mud in the engine or something?
Dune driving not much, air down your tires to between 10 and 15 lbs.

Mud driving, avoid mud like Covid. Nothing good comes out of driving in the mud or even water.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
For the sand. you will need a flag and a flag mount. If you don't have one, no worries. You can buy them at two different places right at the entrance to the dunes. You will need tools to put them on. If you don't have tools, someone in the parking lot will probably help you out.

Also on the sand dunes, be careful and take your time running the dunes. The wind can change the layout of the dunes overnight. You will need a tow strap with you. You will get stuck. Many people will get high sided at the top of the dunes. They will get to the top of a dune and not have enough speed to crest over the top, and bam they are stuck. Also if you carry to much speed, you get airborne and will jump the Jeep, hopefully not roll it end over end. These things happen often. Also just know that because you ran a dune and it was easy at one spot, you can move over 50 yards and it can be completely different. Water at the dunes can look fun to drive through. If you have not seen someone drive through it, Walk it first. It may look like hey its only ten feet across it and then you are in water over the hood. I have seen water over the roof of lifted trucks and Jeeps. There is plenty of water to play in, just know some of it is very deep. I have pulled an s10 blazer out where the whole blazer was under water and the kids were standing on the roof in mid calf deep water. They had to swim down to hook up the strap.

Make sure you air down. Even with stock tires, air down to about 8 to 10 psi. This will make you day so much easier. You will probably get some people that have never ran the dunes say that it is too low, just ignore them. There are many that run 3 or 4 psi with stock wheels and tires with zero issues in the sand. If you are worried about it, try 12 psi first. If you have trouble climbing the dunes, and keep digging in, keep letting air out until it becomes easier. You will be fine with 8 or more psi....

Drummond Island.

Mud is not really that big of a deal. If you are charging mud and water holes at a high rate of speed, just know that it will force mud everywhere and make it 10 times harder to clean. This is what I tell people that are wheeling. If the water/mud hole looks smooth going in and out of the hole, you should be fine. If is is rutted up going in and out, you should check it for depth and softness with a stick. I would air down also for Drummond Island, 15 psi or so will really smooth out the ride.

You are more likely to have deep water than unavoidable deep mud. With some conservative driving, you should not have any problems on Drummond Island with mud causing you problems. If you are by yourself, make sure you have self recovery gear with you. Think winch and straps....

Hit me up and I will be at the Dunes for Jeep Invasion.
Sponsored