DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
They all look awesome! A newbie question, how to get those badges? Do I just need to check in from the Jeep Badge of Honor app when I get to the trail and the GSP in the app would know when I completed?
The app just gets the vicinity of the trailhead. You technically can get the badge just by being there, not even running the trail.

I got my last badge for South Marblehead Loop in about a week. They are MUCH quicker than they used to be.
Sponsored

zyt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata
The app just gets the vicinity of the trailhead. You technically can get the badge just by being there, not even running the trail.

I got my last badge for South Marblehead Loop in about a week. They are MUCH quicker than they used to be.
Thank you. Do I need to reachout to someone and request it? The app doesn't have my mailing address info, only my VIN. Sorry for a lot questions, just want to make sure I don't miss any steps and end up not getting it.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you. Do I need to reachout to someone and request it? The app doesn't have my mailing address info, only my VIN. Sorry for a lot questions, just want to make sure I don't miss any steps and end up not getting it.
I can't remember if I entered that info when I first downloaded the app or if they already have it. I'd go to the Badge of Honor web page and find contact info and ask. They should have your VIN tied to that trail, for sure, so it should not be hard to resolve if they don't have your address.

zyt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata
I can't remember if I entered that info when I first downloaded the app or if they already have it. I'd go to the Badge of Honor web page and find contact info and ask. They should have your VIN tied to that trail, for sure, so it should not be hard to resolve if they don't have your address.
You are the best!

Sponsored

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Thank You. I think I'll have my wife drive the Jeep Patriot over Snelby trail in Arizona. See if she can earn herself a badge.
We just did Schnebly earlier in the week. How did your Patriot hold up? The views are absolutely breathtaking on that trail! Photo opp at every turn.

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
We just did Schnebly earlier in the week. How did your Patriot hold up? The views are absolutely breathtaking on that trail! Photo opp at every turn.
We never made it to Sedona. We took the Rubi and spent the entire 11 days in Moab

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
you check in at the trailhead or vicinity of. then run the trail and when your done go back to the app look at your badges and submit a request. the request page will ask for your name and address. if your vin number isn't there , it will require you to enter it or change it for another jeep vin number.

Yes you can check into a trail head and get the badge without running the trail but that is cheap and does the community a disservice. If pictures are requested on the JL Forum site then you should produce something or you could loose all credibility. you can also post your trail pictures on the app, which is a good option. Trail damage pictures get you extra MACHO points.

zyt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata
you check in at the trailhead or vicinity of. then run the trail and when your done go back to the app look at your badges and submit a request. the request page will ask for your name and address. if your vin number isn't there , it will require you to enter it or change it for another jeep vin number.

Yes you can check into a trail head and get the badge without running the trail but that is cheap and does the community a disservice. If pictures are requested on the JL Forum site then you should produce something or you could loose all credibility. you can also post your trail pictures on the app, which is a good option. Trail damage pictures get you extra MACHO points.
Thank you for clarifying. This is very helpful. I can't imagine why someone would make to the trail head, but decided not to go for it... :)

Sponsored

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
I think I’ll put mine on my tailgate table. Also, I forgot to check in at Engineer Pass. The next day, I was able to check in for Engineer from the Black Bear trailhead. Which is about 12 miles away, as the raven flies.

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for clarifying. This is very helpful. I can't imagine why someone would make to the trail head, but decided not to go for it... :)
I busted one guy out on this site for doing just that. He quickly deleted all his posts showing all the badges on his jeep and deleted his posts bragging about doing Pritchet Canyon in a stock rubi with no trail damage.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Showing some flex and some BOH we’ve collected

Jeep Wrangler JL Show Your Badges of Honor On Your Rig 051AAAD5-6B2E-4F6D-B604-D6A25B5B4BF3

Jeep Wrangler JL Show Your Badges of Honor On Your Rig 051AAAD5-6B2E-4F6D-B604-D6A25B5B4BF3
My fear of heights makes Black Bear Pass the holy grail among all those great trails! Nice work! That Jeep is a real dream chaser!

Prowler1964

First Name
Cleve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
My fear of heights makes Black Bear Pass the holy grail among all those great trails! Nice work! That Jeep is a real dream chaser!
Thank you Dan.
Groot is a work in progress as most Jeeps are. Mods over time as the budget allows. There is always more adventure over the horizon. I can say that I have a great group of friends to “Wheel” with and we have the best times together.
Sponsored